Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#30301 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baticeer
I also use the sledgehammer almost all the time I want to delete anything!

New question: Is there a way to get rid of that "Some of your installed expansion packs have no associated sub-neighborhoods installed" pop-up you get on the neighborhood screen? (Besides adding the subhoods of course!)

I think you want ass-hoods-nag-hack.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#30302 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 7:33 AM
Does anyone sucessfully use a UI mod like Clean UI along with ass-hoods-nag? I'm using Starship UI and I still get the nag popup, even when making ass-hoods-nag load last.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#30303 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 5:47 PM
It looks like it edits the UI, so it will probably conflict with all UI mods. :/ If you know how to use SimPE you could try editing it? Compare the mod to the one in the UI mod (use filter of instance).
Lab Assistant
#30304 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 9:14 PM
Thanks! I don't use a UI mod so it should work for me at least.
Mad Poster
#30305 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 7:00 PM
So, I have a Hurricane knocking on my back door and I can't get Origin to install on my laptop (in case of a power outage). I have used the right email address and password but Origin says they need to send me a code to install it. I haven't used that email address for awhile (a year after I installed Origin) and don't remember that email's password. I still have my disc, but I only have The Sims 2 and it's expansion , but I don't have all the stuff packs. I know that any of my cc that was cloned from anything in those stuff packs are not going to be useful. My question is ... is there any clothes, hair or sims that came in a stuff pack? I can live for a few days without anything else.
Mad Poster
#30306 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 7:06 PM
No sims came with any stuff packs, but some of them have quite a lot of hair and clothing. Which ones don't you have?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#30307 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 8:06 PM
I have Happy Holiday Stuff, Family Fun Stuff, H&M Fashion Stuff and Glamour Life Stuff. That's actually 2 more than I remember having.
Mad Poster
#30308 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 9:11 PM
H&M and Glamour Life are almost all clothing, I'm afraid. No, hang on, that's a good thing, because that's something you have. We need to think about what you don't have.

Ikea is almost all furniture, naturally enough. Let's see, what else won't you have? Kitchen and Bath is almost all objects and build items; Mansion and Garden ditto (but, unlike the other stuff packs, it changes the game engine so anything made with it in place will crash if you don't have it). Teen Style has clothes and hair but naturally only for teens.

Here's the Wikipedia page describing them all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuff..._for_The_Sims_2

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#30309 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
H&M and Glamour Life are almost all clothing, I'm afraid. No, hang on, that's a good thing, because that's something you have. We need to think about what you don't have.

Ikea is almost all furniture, naturally enough. Let's see, what else won't you have? Kitchen and Bath is almost all objects and build items; Mansion and Garden ditto (but, unlike the other stuff packs, it changes the game engine so anything made with it in place will crash if you don't have it). Teen Style has clothes and hair but naturally only for teens.

Here's the Wikipedia page describing them all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuff..._for_The_Sims_2

Thank you, Peni. It's a good thing every thing is in folders of what they are. I'll just remove everything except hair and clothing. I can live a few days without all that, but I can't live with having ugly sims.
Mad Poster
#30310 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Debby1957
So, I have a Hurricane knocking on my back door...

Ian is on my doorstep too - stay safe! Good luck!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#30311 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Ian is on my doorstep too - stay safe! Good luck!

I live in Jacksonville. We are forecast for just Tropical Storm force (winds at 65 mph, heavy rain, flooding, and tornadoes). The Beaches are going to get it worse with storm surge. They have evacuated Mayport (Navy base with aircraft carriers and Battleships) and Cecil Field (aircraft for the carriers). From the models I've seen, the Tampa area is going to get the burnt of the storm when it makes landfall. I hope and pray you are not in that area. Be careful and stay safe.
Mad Poster
#30312 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 3:48 PM
I live in Jacksonville...

I know Jax well (our daughter was born there!) We are near to Lakeland now... It's gonna get bad in a few hours!
We are close to the highest point in Florida - and our property doesn't retain water - so flooding shouldn't be a problem for us. And we have a brand new roof.
But, the rest of our house is ancient (almost 100 years.) I am praying for our windows! (They have survived many hurricanes over the years, I hope they can do one more.)
Stay safe!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#30313 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 8:29 PM
Stay safe, Cat - I thought of you at once when I heard there is a hurricane.
Mad Poster
#30314 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 10:18 PM
I know Jax well (our daughter was born there!) We are near to Lakeland now... It's gonna get bad in a few hours!
We are close to the highest point in Florida - and our property doesn't retain water - so flooding shouldn't be a problem for us. And we have a brand new roof.
But, the rest of our house is ancient (almost 100 years.) I am praying for our windows! (They have survived many hurricanes over the years, I hope they can do one more.)
Stay safe!

The NHC changed the forecast. Ian is now coming straight up the east coast. St. Augustine is already taking a pounding and we are only getting outer bands. Ian, his self, is not suppose to be here until tomorrow. I also live in 100+ year old house. But we should be alright unless a tornado takes out the whole neighborhood. Good luck Cat, and stay safe.
Mad Poster
#30315 Old 29th Sep 2022 at 10:09 PM
@CatherineTCJD and @Debby1957 I've been thinking of you both a lot in the last few hours, and remembered you in my prayers. I've heard on the BBC that the hurricane has moved out to sea and is heading towards South Carolina. Are you both OK?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30316 Old 29th Sep 2022 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
@CatherineTCJD and @Debby1957 I've been thinking of you both a lot in the last few hours, and remembered you in my prayers. I've heard on the BBC that the hurricane has moved out to sea and is heading towards South Carolina. Are you both OK?

We believe (from Discord) that Cat would be without power now. Since the path changed (her house was very close to the original trajectory of this storm) we think she should be alright. Hope everyone in or close to this storm is safe.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#30317 Old 29th Sep 2022 at 11:45 PM

Thanks, @ AndrewGloria, but I'm fine. Hurricane Ian made landfall on Florida's west coast at around Fort Meyers, it came out into the Atlantic Ocean, well below Jacksonville. Jacksonville is on Florida's northeast coast. Jacksonville is in the second county from the Florida/Georgia state line. Every county on the east coast is getting storm surge along their coast, but for those of us who live well inland we only got heavy winds and heavy rain. Our worse is yet to come. The St. Johns River flows north and it flows right through the middle of Downtown Jacksonville and out into the Atlantic Ocean just past the Naval Station, Mayport. Every county with the St. Johns River in it is under flood warnings. By Saturday or Sunday all that water will make to Jacksonville and out to the Atlantic Ocean. So downtown Jacksonville will be flooded. This is not unusual for Jacksonville, though.

There was mandatory evacuations on Florida's west coast and Central Florida, so if Cat is in that area, she may have evacuated. I'm keeping her in my prayers until we hear from her.
Mad Poster
#30318 Old 30th Sep 2022 at 9:07 PM
Hi everybody @AndrewGloria @Debby1957 @joandsarah77 - Our power has been restored. We are OK.
That was NOT a fun experience... but as far as hurricanes go, Irma/2017 was far worse (for us, personally.)
Thank you for thinking of us!
I hope the flooding in Jax isn't too bad!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#30319 Old 30th Sep 2022 at 10:01 PM
Cat and Debby, I'm very relieved to hear you're both OK, I was starting to get worried for you, Cat. I'm sure everybody here will be glad you're both safe!

@Debby1957 , are you near to the St. John's River?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#30320 Old 30th Sep 2022 at 11:33 PM
Cat and Debby, I'm very relieved to hear you're both OK, I was starting to get worried for you, Cat. I'm sure everybody here will be glad you're both safe!

@Debby1957 , are you near to the St. John's River?

First, @CatherineTCJD, glad to hear you are okay and got your power back. Sometimes it takes days, weeks or even months before that happens. I agree, Irma was worse here, too. But have you seen pictures of Fort Meyers? The picture I saw of the beach had one hotel standing (no idea how much damage it had), and everything around it flattened.

@AndrewGloria, Like I said, the St Johns River flows right through downtown Jacksonville. Jacksonville is called "The River City by the Sea" because we have over 100 rivers, creeks, and springs that drop into the St. Johns River before it reaches the Atlantic. It should be called the Bridge City, because we have so many of them. I live north of every bridge but one. So I am well away from the St. Johns River. But, downtown, Historic Springfield and Riverside are flooded. I know a family that lives near the Sports Stadium (home to the, uh, uh, Jaguars) that house is under water and will stay that way until the flooding down south moves up here to drain into the Atlantic.
Mad Poster
#30321 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 1:34 AM
But have you seen pictures of Fort Meyers?

Yes! OMG - we were just there a month or so ago. What a mess!
We have a lot of friends in Jax/Jax Beaches - we are praying!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#30322 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 4:47 AM
Yes! OMG - we were just there a month or so ago. What a mess!
We have a lot of friends in Jax/Jax Beaches - we are praying!

The horrible thing about flooding in Florida is that alligators get displaced. You can find them in places you usually don't see them because the Rivers are over their banks. When the water recedes, alligators start roaming to find water again.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30323 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 6:41 AM
The horrible thing about flooding in Florida is that alligators get displaced. You can find them in places you usually don't see them because the Rivers are over their banks. When the water recedes, alligators start roaming to find water again.

We get that here in Australia too sometimes, except its crocs since we don't have gators.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#30324 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 7:45 AM
Very happy to hear you are both okay, Cat and Debby - and I hope the aftermath goes well and the back to normal is sooner than later.

And, yip, we get floods too in SA, and then - crocodiles, and hippo's wandering around in towns.
Mad Poster
#30325 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 2:39 PM
There was a shark swimming the streets of Ft Meyers last night... *sigh*

and Vintage Stuffeths
Page 1213 of 1339