2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#9726 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
I saw a new memory: Chased by wolf. And it was green?

Was the Sim a knowledge sim by any chance? Knowledge Sims view most "strange" things as awesome new experiences and that's why their memories are green for events like that

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Advertisement
Scholar
#9727 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 3:11 PM
I'm pretty sure it was Brandi Broke!
Field Researcher
#9728 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 9:38 PM
This--- Idk I just never used that button in my life XD

If you use a mirror floor the mirror of the medicine cabinet turnes look through in the reflection... Just found that interessting
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#9729 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 10:45 PM
This is more a discovery about a mod but anyway, I thought a sim would miss her grandson's wedding since she was on a community lot at the time of the wedding (I use community lot time), but the wedding made her come home in advance! Yay!

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Top Secret Researcher
#9730 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 6:17 PM
I discovered today via the wiki that Olive Specter's genetic personality is 4 playful and 1 nice. She starts the game with 3 playful and 2 nice though, meaning at some point in her life (and I did check it in SimPE!) she became just slightly nicer. Interesting. Especially with how in my game now she appears to be having a character arc of becoming a better person. Not perfect, but better.

My Simblr
He/They
Theorist
#9731 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
I discovered today via the wiki that Olive Specter's genetic personality is 4 playful and 1 nice. She starts the game with 3 playful and 2 nice though, meaning at some point in her life (and I did check it in SimPE!) she became just slightly nicer. Interesting. Especially with how in my game now she appears to be having a character arc of becoming a better person. Not perfect, but better.

The amount of Premades where the genetic and current personality is just a little bit different (particularly in the case of the Pleasant Twins) always made me wonder whether there originally was a plan to make the personalities of Sims more dynamic in Sims 2 (probably tied to how well they were looked after or maybe on how many positive or negative memories they had) but that it was scrapped for one reason or the other.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Field Researcher
#9732 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 9:45 PM
Never knew Sims can lose Skill Points... my Sim suddenly had the fear of doing so cause electrocution lets you lose skill points .-. I NEVER NOTICED THAT OMG! I mean, I only knew Chance Cards can do that...
!
Field Researcher
#9733 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KiraNettt
Never knew Sims can lose Skill Points... my Sim suddenly had the fear of doing so cause electrocution lets you lose skill points .-. I NEVER NOTICED THAT OMG! I mean, I only knew Chance Cards can do that...
!
So can Thinking Caps, if used below Gold aspiration.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Lab Assistant
#9734 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 7:34 AM
Teen sims can be read to sleep, too.
Mad Poster
#9735 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 10:11 PM
I found that the recently uploaded Lifetime Wish Chooser Mod lets you fix the lifetime wish assignment of your sims when starting in a brand new town with only one couple at first.I also Modded out the friends requirement though the career panel UI still shows the number of friends required as if it wasn't Modded out except that promotions only require good job performance and skills gains of the right skills for a sims to advance.My job choices Mod lets anybody who's a teen or older choose between part time and full time jobs though the job upgrade means I start with part time and make them work their way up to the top before upgrading to full ttime even though the Mod had no such restriction.
Forum Resident
#9736 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 10:49 PM
That my simself cat is crazy. He is a Virgo. He jumps on every people that comes to visit her but he is a good "watch cat". Everybody is afraid except her, everybody runs but my simself. He also jumps on her but she's indifferent because both are friends.
I couldn't think this was possible . I am the witness of strange behaviours in ts3 I didn't expect to see those in ts2. I was LMAO !!

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Forum Resident
#9737 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 1:34 AM
I also had a cat in real life that jumped on people. It was a Siamese cat named Kato and it hid above the garage rafters waiting for anyone unsuspecting to drop on. He jumped me a few times and was pretty aggressive when he jumped on people. Had to get rid of him in the end.
Mad Poster
#9738 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 5:54 AM
I discovered that I shouldn't forget to make sure that a smart trim is deactivated before loading my game or there can be issues with saving my screens as I have trouble getting them to save in Paint.I'll make sure to remember that one from now on when setting up to load my game.
Top Secret Researcher
#9739 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
I also had a cat in real life that jumped on people. It was a Siamese cat named Kato and it hid above the garage rafters waiting for anyone unsuspecting to drop on. He jumped me a few times and was pretty aggressive when he jumped on people. Had to get rid of him in the end.

There was an aggressive cat guarding the path to my cousins' house when I was little. It was trouble getting past there! Reminds me of your cat.

Forum Resident
#9740 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder

So the creators of the sims 2 copied-cat true cats behaviours? So much interesting... I am not a cat owner in real life. I don't want to be a bad mom.I don't understand pets' language at all.
Even though a lot of pets loves me and the love is back to them.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Mad Poster
#9741 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 5:19 PM
I had a Siamese crossed with some pavement special once - still had the blue eyes and the kink in the tail, and, boy, nobody was allowed to get near me until I patted his head. The cats are done partly very well in Sims 2 (and the dogs) - I guess there was no way to use all the animations these creatures have
Mad Poster
#9742 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I discovered that I shouldn't forget to make sure that a smart trim is deactivated before loading my game or there can be issues with saving my screens as I have trouble getting them to save in Paint.I'll make sure to remember that one from now on when setting up to load my game.
What is a "smart trim"? (To me it sounds like a haircut!!?)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#9743 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 2:53 AM
I believe Tad means a mod that changes the appearance of roof trim, @AndrewGloria.

Apparently sims can't Try for Baby on an owned community lot. Malcolm Landgraab cries foul!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#9744 Old 26th Aug 2022 at 7:36 PM
Sims can roll a want to Repair their broken items... in this case it was the toilet.
Top Secret Researcher
#9745 Old 28th Aug 2022 at 3:20 PM
If you have a lot reset and your sewing machine chair was in use, next time you use it they will sit down, then get up and say they can't access the sewing machine and then sit down again and use it... Don't know the meaning of this dance.

Field Researcher
#9746 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 11:46 PM
I finally had a tree and made Santa cookies. Santa shows up, as advertised. The two popularity Sims living in the house made another best friend, which they liked of course,

These two sims are top tier triple bolt with each other, but yet have no children. Ruth is serious, Mike is not. Really, they just want to party. With each other and everyone else. I'm hoping spring will restore their sex life.
Scholar
#9747 Old 3rd Sep 2022 at 6:44 PM Last edited by sturlington : 3rd Sep 2022 at 8:26 PM.
I have observed this a few times now: If a Sim of any (I think) aspiration marries someone they consider to be a rich Sim, they will roll several wants about buying expensive, impractical things, regardless of how much cash their new spouse has on hand--wants I'm more used to seeing from Fortune Sims. Just saw this again with Buck Grunt marrying Jill Smith and moving into the Smith house (he's Popularity). He wanted a new stove, new fridge, $8,000 TV, a couple of other things. They have about $2,000 cash. I think I've also seen this with Romance Sims marrying in.
Mad Poster
#9748 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 1:27 AM
While messing around with installing the game again, putting in my downloads, and cleaning out my downloads, I notice the sims I used for most of my sims were missing, they all look horrible. I know I got most of my sims from here, so I started looking for the ones I used.
What I discovered is ... If I could make half sized sims for dwarfs and tiny sized sims for hobbits, I could download everyone else from LOTR and play an awesome game of Middle Earth.
Mad Poster
#9749 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 2:24 AM
You can. There's a way to make the stretchskeleton cheat stick. I don't know how, but somebody out here does.

Chester Gieke has a blond recessive. Malcolm Landgraab's wife Delores is a redhead, so I expected her twins by Chester to come out red-headed, but nope, they're both blondes, like the first set of twins. They'd probably be able to pass as Malcolm's, if anyone in Turpitudia cared about that sort of thing. Not having the eyebrows would make most people assume a resemblance with their mom, even if they take after Chester more.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#9750 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You can. There's a way to make the stretchskeleton cheat stick. I don't know how, but somebody out here does.

Yes, changing it in SimPE makes it permanent. I think it's under Property set, the line that says stretch skeleton.

Page 390 of 442