Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 7:41 PM
Is removal custom food corruption dangerous?
Hi!

* Not a help. It's just a question *

I had so much custom food in my game but...
This year, my game crashes because of custom food. I don't know which custom food dish crashes my game.

I removed food folder because of it.
I knew that sims will have learned to make memory of the deleted food.
And I know that it can be fixed by reset sims' favorite food with FFS "Batbox" Debugger and remove memory and gossip in SimPe.
But I have Memory Manipulator mod (by Aaroneous on simmanipulator) that I can delete memories with. I gonna remove gossip in SimPe.

I have a big question..
Is learned to make memory, gossip and want trees about deleted food dangerous?
I was so scared for this corruption thing...

Also I have neighborhood backups.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 11:31 PM
Food generates a lot of data (including SWAFs), so deleting it breaks a lot of stuff, yes. There isn't really any good information that I've found for how to clean all of it up, so it's best to just leave it in the game. If it's a food dish that's the problem, you can just remove the dish, that doesn't cause any issues.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Jul 2022 at 12:34 AM
I would not remove the entire food folder. Better to make a testing game by adding a word to the end of your sims 2 folder. This will load you a new vanilla sims 2 folder. In there you can test your food folder by pulling one food at a time. Then once you have found that problem food check that it isn't the food dish first. Most times it's best to simply change the sims favorite food and not allow them to cook the problem food by nixing it off the menu. I forget how but you can set it in SimPE so its not available.

If you have a back up, I would go back to that. Pulling food will have caused a lot of issues more than just changing favorite food.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~