Replies: 42 (Who?), Viewed: 1857 times.
Page 2 of 2
Forum Resident
#26 Old 25th Jul 2022 at 11:39 PM
If it wasn't for the ability to mod out the sims 2 annoying NPCs and townies, I probably would have thrown my computer out the window a long time ago.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogrinder
If it wasn't for the ability to mod out the sims 2 annoying NPCs and townies, I probably would have thrown my computer out the window a long time ago.

Yeah, Free Time basically makes the game unplayable unless I have a mod against the hobby npcs(and Humble).

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 7:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
What about Mr.Humble and the Hobby NPCs that will endlessly barge into your house each time someone gains a point in a hobby?

I don't know what is annoying about Mr. Humble but those hobby NPC's and those 3AM phone calls to subscribe to a sims magazine can be annoying sometimes when they wake my sims out of bed. As for the home invaders I just ignore them

I mean Mr. Humble could be someone like a real life UPS guy delivering a package to your sims who off screen placed an order online and had it shipped to their new address, he is after all the ONLY package delivery man in the game after all

would be cool to have a hack in the game where your sims could order a game or something online and have Rod Humble deliver it (edit) there is the blue delivery man but Rod Humble is dressed vary similar to a 1990s American UPS driver

My personal radio station link in first post (commercial free and all music) listen with ANY web Browser now enjoy, this is a gift
me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheAngelClassicRocKMix
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 7:48 AM Last edited by Aspersim : 26th Jul 2022 at 7:59 AM.
Has anyone ever purchased any of those bonus houses in the Sims 1 makin magic neighborhood? those were vary cool lots with spooky trees, and dirt roads and different mailboxes

You needed to perform magic in magic town in order to afford them as well as have enough Simoleans but the hard part was earning enough magic coins to afford those bonus houses, they are worth checking out even going back to the sims 1 and playing that game to see what they were about too.

Fun fact the sims 2 child voice actor speaks on the sims 1 makin magic roller coaster ride there is a slight difference in how the Childs voice sounds from the sims 1 to the sims 2 also

(edit) yet the internet say Nikki Rapp is the only voice actor for child sims.

My personal radio station link in first post (commercial free and all music) listen with ANY web Browser now enjoy, this is a gift
Mad Poster
#30 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 8:07 AM
Well, I came very late to the party. By 2012, when I started to play The Sims, Sims 1 was already history, and EA were busy phasing out Sims 2. Basically I bought a cheap copy of Sims 2 Double Deluxe in my local supermarket, assiduously read the little game manual for a month, and then promptly fell for the very first Sim I created. Since he's a Sims 2 Sim, and all his friends (except me?) are Sims 2 Sims, I've really never felt any temptation or inclination to try another Sims game. So no, I've never played Sims 1, and since I've never played it, I've never replaced it. The nearest I've come to Sims 1 and its contemporaries is watching some of my Sims playing The Sims Bustin' Out on a Moneywell or an EA games console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogrinder
. . . the sims 2 annoying NPCs and townies . . .
I never quite get why people get annoyed at townies. To me they just represent the rest of humanity, and like the people we pass in the street, most of them just want to get on with their lives. And also, like the people we pass in the street, some of them can be quite interesting, lovable even, if we take the trouble to get to know them. I only know my game would be a lot poorer without the townies and ex-townies who have made their mark on it.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#31 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 2:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspersim
I don't know what is annoying about Mr. Humble

I mean Mr. Humble could be someone like a real life UPS guy delivering a package to your sims who off screen placed an order online and had it shipped to their new address, he is after all the ONLY package delivery man in the game after all

He's a self-insert by one of the developers and whenever you start a new lot he loudly proclaims that "they call him Mr.Humble!"(irony as it is named) and then craps out a computer you never asked for onto your lawn.

In addition to that the NPC is protected and you can't even feed him to the cow plant.

Mad Poster
#32 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 2:55 PM
Quote:
you can't even feed him to the cow plant.
That's not a very nice thing to do to someone who's just given you a free computer!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Theorist
#33 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 4:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
That's not a very nice thing to do to someone who's just given you a free computer!

Ha!

But listen; I'm pretty sure he's some sort of demon (how else would he stay young while generations of my Sims live and die? Plus "Mr.Humble" does sound like a pseudonym Beelzebub might use) and my Sims accepting the computer might unwittingly trade their souls away! So he has to be fought in every possible way (this forum unfortunately doesn't have that "nodding" emoticon)

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#34 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 4:43 PM
Quote:
Ha!

But listen; I'm pretty sure he's some sort of demon (how else would he stay young while generations of my Sims live and die? Plus "Mr.Humble" does sound like a pseudonym Beelzebub might use) and my Sims accepting the computer might unwittingly trade their souls away! So he has to be fought in every possible way (this forum unfortunately doesn't have that "nodding" emoticon)

At least he won't try to murder your sims like that Jazz musician and the hurdy Gurdy man in the sims 1 Unleashed Expansion pack, by blocking the path while all your sims needs go down

Mad Poster
#35 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 5:13 PM
Quote:
. . . and my Sims accepting the computer might unwittingly trade their souls away!
Yes it could be hidden in the Terms and Conditions they accept when they start up the computer!

A few years ago, a computer games company actually did put that in its Ts & Cs as an April Fools joke. Also hidden in the Ts & Cs was a link to a web page you could go to if you objected to this condition, or indeed if you didn't accept that you had an immortal soul at all. Needless to say, only a handful of people read the conditions and clicked on the link. I believe the company rewarded the people who clicked on the link by giving them a free game!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#36 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 8:00 PM
I've found some great content to add to my game which will work well for my Old Town playthough since it's starting up as a colonial settlement from the later 16th century and getting played into modern times and I just started it with the Old Town terrain map because I'd forgotten the neighborhood version and ended up loading the terrain.I decided to just go with my recreation and will do renditions of the ancestors of Old Town families.I'm playing this in TS2 UC and will play historical at first and progress to a modernt day town in a time span of almost 450 years.
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 1:58 AM
I started with Sims 2. I tried Sims 1 briefly at some point and was so turned off by the fact they don't age. So ... no. I'm happy with 2.

My Simblr
They/He
Mad Poster
#38 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 5:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
I never quite get why people get annoyed at townies. To me they just represent the rest of humanity, and like the people we pass in the street, most of them just want to get on with their lives. And also, like the people we pass in the street, some of them can be quite interesting, lovable even, if we take the trouble to get to know them. I only know my game would be a lot poorer without the townies and ex-townies who have made their mark on it.

Me either. To me I see townies as being a vital to any neighborhood as they can bring in extra character, personality, and flair to what might be an otherwise dull neighborhood. They're also good for being marriage candidates and as well as being friends to your Sims, which in turn can help your own Sims get promoted at work.

Personally though, I don't really care for the Maxis townies since having kind of been there done that with them all, so I empty templated them away and now just prefer to just make my own. If I had to say who my favourite Maxis townie is, I'd say Goopy simply because of how goofy and lovable that guy is.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 7:55 PM
I still have Sims 1 Complete Collection installed and I play it.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
#40 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 9:05 PM
Thanks for reminding me to download it again.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 9:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnov
Thanks for reminding me to download it again.

And where did you get it from? As far as I know there's no reputable place like Steam or GoG that has it, unless I'm mistaken..I've not heard of EA releasing their copyrights on it, so it can't go public domain, either..and EA does not have it on digital download, either.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles (including funerals, here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file)
Instructor
#42 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 9:30 PM
@FranH Do not be so mean
Mad Poster
#43 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 9:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokisims
@FranH Do not be so mean

Who, me? Mean? Surely you jest!

(and don't call me Shirley!)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles (including funerals, here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file)
Page 2 of 2