Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pitstop Valley | Base Game Neighbourhood | No CC

by cutupuss Posted 26th Feb 2020 at 8:44 PM

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#26 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 10:49 PM
I love this quirky little town! I live in the Nevada high desert, and Pitstop Valley reminds me of the tiny towns one sees on side of the highway. I always wondered what it would be like to live in such a place, now I can move my simself in and see for myself.
Thank you! *thumbs way up*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lorinsv60
I love this quirky little town! I live in the Nevada high desert, and Pitstop Valley reminds me of the tiny towns one sees on side of the highway. I always wondered what it would be like to live in such a place, now I can move my simself in and see for myself.
Thank you! *thumbs way up*

Good to get some approval from someone who lives near something similar in real life!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 8:30 AM
A wonderful work!

I like the little construction sites. Using Stilts to give the appearance of plywood walls is a nice touch.

I also enjoy the fact, that this is not another supernatural Strangetown, everyone is kinda normal - though you definitely left many nice hints for unsual stories - like what is Ada Smith up to? What happened at the abandoned hospital (gave me Silent Hill vibes)? And the Navayo have quite a big home cemetery.... And of course we need (thumble-)weed at the radio station...

One thing: when I start a household, the game is paused, and everyone is in ready stance, no action etc. - I'm not sure, if this due to my modified game, but was this intentional, or was the action supposed to start, like the fight in front of Mr. Legacies house?

Great work - and definitely a lot of hard work you put into this!
Test Subject
#29 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 9:30 AM
Just finished completing the aspiration of the mysterious lady (whose name icr). Creator, this was so FUN!

Some criticisms are the lack of activities on lots - they really deter you from visiting when they don't have the basic bbq and toilet like the skatepark. I was visiting the 24hr shop for dates :D

The characters are amazing - diverse, faces not the generic "perfect" look, their names, locked wants upon opening. The town's look is awesome, good job! You are creative with some of these houses and it's refreshing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Little Nemo
A wonderful work!

I like the little construction sites. Using Stilts to give the appearance of plywood walls is a nice touch.

I also enjoy the fact, that this is not another supernatural Strangetown, everyone is kinda normal - though you definitely left many nice hints for unsual stories - like what is Ada Smith up to? What happened at the abandoned hospital (gave me Silent Hill vibes)? And the Navayo have quite a big home cemetery.... And of course we need (thumble-)weed at the radio station...

One thing: when I start a household, the game is paused, and everyone is in ready stance, no action etc. - I'm not sure, if this due to my modified game, but was this intentional, or was the action supposed to start, like the fight in front of Mr. Legacies house?

Great work - and definitely a lot of hard work you put into this!

Thank you very much! And yes unfortunately they start with nothing to do due to you (I’m guessing) playing with an expansion or stuff pack after the base game, one in which they fixed or updated how the game worked since base game and so all of the families are in reset positions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StaySabrina
Just finished completing the aspiration of the mysterious lady (whose name icr). Creator, this was so FUN!

Some criticisms are the lack of activities on lots - they really deter you from visiting when they don't have the basic bbq and toilet like the skatepark. I was visiting the 24hr shop for dates :D

The characters are amazing - diverse, faces not the generic "perfect" look, their names, locked wants upon opening. The town's look is awesome, good job! You are creative with some of these houses and it's refreshing.

Ah thank you for your criticism! I think it would’ve been nice for me to make a few more community lots, but I didn’t want to make a town that’s supposed to be deserted to feel crowded. But I think a BBQ would’ve worked great at the skate park!
Mad Poster
#32 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 1:50 AM Last edited by grammapat : 29th Sep 2020 at 3:06 PM.
Default odd re-reading this
Thanks for the above info! I sent you a PM about a problem with that funny trailer lot; some really odd routing fails like "cat running around". Maybe I should have put it here.

Quote: Originally posted by Little Nemo
A wonderful work!

==================
WEED??!! I wondered what all those growing station thingies were for!

[QUOTE=cutupuss]⚠️NOTICE⚠️ My friend SarahSmiles pointed out a few things to me such as how everyone has random turn on’s and turn off’s. Just like the maxis premade hoods, this is simply because the base game didn’t have turn ons and turn offs, and so any expansion pack installed after university will randomly generate turn ons/offs for everyone. This is a downside to making base game hoods as well as this, the story telling screen might locate another hoods image and use that instead of a blank screen, this links with the reason why I didn’t add a storytelling gallery. I learned the hard way with Asheville that the way the later games after the base game handles the storytelling folder is completely different, so if I had made all of the storytelling images, you wouldn’t see them in the ultimate collection. If you’re looking for the best intended experience possible, I’d suggest playing it with the base game only. But of course, who would do that.

=
Thanks for info about game generating stuff (it answers questions I asked in a PM). I'm playing this hood over again; this time I will try to follow your hints, which means figuring out who is set up with who, and adjusting their turn ons. Haven't decided what I will do (if anything) with graves, and all those friends and relations that seem to be lost in the desert somewhere.. And Koda Navajo who is set up to get married, and who then wants to bring back his dead wife! (I do feel compelled to rename everyone).

Quote: Originally posted by StaySabrina

I agree! Which is why I have to quad-post. Community lots in base game are always stupid; I add my own stuff!
================
I felt so chastised...and then a week later my husband died...then Covid..and record heat here...then record fires all around me..so many reasons to stay inside with my Sims!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#34 Old 3rd Mar 2020 at 1:14 AM
Sorry HL; I thought was not a bad thing, as it was in comments in a download, not in general forums.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 5th Mar 2020 at 7:00 PM
Any particular order you recommend playing the households in?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 5th Mar 2020 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StayAtHomeSimmer
Any particular order you recommend playing the households in?

Not really! I'd say maybe Navjo, best friends or Wendy's Saloon first
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 6th Mar 2020 at 5:01 PM
I found this one good:
- Pitstop Radio
- Wendys Saloon
- Legends
- Smith
- Navajo
- best Friends
Test Subject
#38 Old 11th Mar 2020 at 8:41 AM
This is an amazing town and I love playing it!
However in the description it says "I'd recommend having the "TownieNoMemoryLoss" mod & "notownieregen" if you want the experience to be completely custom." and I would love to do this but I can't find the downloads. Can anyone help me with a link?
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pollienote
This is an amazing town and I love playing it!
However in the description it says "I'd recommend having the "TownieNoMemoryLoss" mod & "notownieregen" if you want the experience to be completely custom." and I would love to do this but I can't find the downloads. Can anyone help me with a link?

Hi! Yeah, searching those two mods can get tricky nowadays. I found a version of TownieNoMemoryLoss for Apartment Life here , in Insimenator, and through the Hack Directory of MATY you can find notownieregen in any combination of EP. I found that the zip named 'moreawesomethanyou-al.zip' contains, among others, a version of notownieregen for Apartment Life.

Moving into another topic, @cutupuss, Pitstop Valley is absolutely AWESOME! I love that you linked townies with the residents and that they have pretty developed stories. I've only seen a little of the nhood so far, but it truly looks promising! Very atmospheric, spooky and interesting. Thanks A LOT!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ed95
Hi! Yeah, searching those two mods can get tricky nowadays. I found a version of TownieNoMemoryLoss for Apartment Life here , in Insimenator, and through the Hack Directory of MATY you can find notownieregen in any combination of EP. I found that the zip named 'moreawesomethanyou-al.zip' contains, among others, a version of notownieregen for Apartment Life.

Moving into another topic, @cutupuss, Pitstop Valley is absolutely AWESOME! I love that you linked townies with the residents and that they have pretty developed stories. I've only seen a little of the nhood so far, but it truly looks promising! Very atmospheric, spooky and interesting. Thanks A LOT!

Thank you! And thank you for giving that person links to where they could find the mod! I was going to just directly upload the one from my mod folder.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 6:07 PM
Check out enkisstories story of Pitstop Vallley on tumblr! https://www.tumbral.com/tag/sims2%20pitstopvalley
Test Subject
#42 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 9:43 AM
Thank you so much!

Quote: Originally posted by ed95

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 5:09 PM
Just discovered the wonderful world of your neighborhoods and since rn I'm playing Strangetown I'd like to bring your lots or lots+families in it, but since that would corrupt my game (Since putting families+lot in the bin is dangerous) I'd like to ask you: do you have a only-uninhabited-lots version of your three neighborhoods or a download option for each family + lot? Like this Marka93 one: http://modthesims.info/d/522506/old-town.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tycho96
Just discovered the wonderful world of your neighborhoods and since rn I'm playing Strangetown I'd like to bring your lots or lots+families in it, but since that would corrupt my game (Since putting families+lot in the bin is dangerous) I'd like to ask you: do you have a only-uninhabited-lots version of your three neighborhoods or a download option for each family + lot? Like this Marka93 one: http://modthesims.info/d/522506/old-town.html

No, I don't I'm very sorry. You can try mootilda's clean package editor thing that wipes lots of all character data
Instructor
THANKS POST
#45 Old 30th Mar 2020 at 5:51 PM
Hi Cutupuss! I've been away from simming for about one year and just wanted to thank you for this amazing neighborhood! I'm slowly trying to get back to the game and your hood is helping a lot I think it has everything a base-game hood requires, I've just added few bits from the other expansion packs and I'm having so much fun with it!
Thank you so much for sharing it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrewInTheSky
Hi Cutupuss! I've been away from simming for about one year and just wanted to thank you for this amazing neighborhood! I'm slowly trying to get back to the game and your hood is helping a lot I think it has everything a base-game hood requires, I've just added few bits from the other expansion packs and I'm having so much fun with it!
Thank you so much for sharing it.

Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 5:14 AM Last edited by bulbash : 7th Apr 2020 at 7:11 PM.
What a nice neighborhood it is, thank you. I've just gone through each family, and there's a lot more going on than it seems when you look it at first
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#48 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 11:11 PM Last edited by kaligi : 14th Apr 2020 at 12:42 AM.
As always, im a big fan of your Neighborhood's, im gonna give it a try.

Edit: Soo, a very strange thing happened. One of the townie teenager's, after i've sent him to college, moving in, short video sequence from the cab.. by turning around to change age(to young adult) at the end he jump's out of it and nothing happening from this point on anymore. There is no Control Panel, sim moves around of course, he can do anything, but i'can't interrupt at all. I'checked all my mods and deleted those who came in question. It is possible, that this sim alone and only him alone is corrupted?

Edit2: I' made a video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X_...eature=youtu.be
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 12th Apr 2020 at 11:58 PM
Hey! I really enjoyed the sub plot with ada and i made this story! https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...1141969/ada.png
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaligi
As always, im a big fan of your Neighborhood's, im gonna give it a try.

Edit: Soo, a very strange thing happened. One of the townie teenager's, after i've sent him to college, moving in, short video sequence from the cab.. by turning around to change age(to young adult) at the end he jump's out of it and nothing happening from this point on anymore. There is no Control Panel, sim moves around of course, he can do anything, but i'can't interrupt at all. I'checked all my mods and deleted those who came in question. It is possible, that this sim alone and only him alone is corrupted?

Edit2: I' made a video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X_...eature=youtu.be

Ooh, I'm not sure about that - I never really tested university on any of the sims from the hood. Do you think it has something to do with him being a townie? Could try moving him into a household as a teenager first.. although it might be too late.
Page 2 of 3