Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 10:25 PM
It's just as good, and that article is biased. It's written by the fussy people that always ruin everything for everyone.
MAJOR SPOILAGE ALERT
The episode was so great, loved it. the Blain/Rachel kiss was HOT and I loved their song. Blaine is adorable drunk <3 and then since they're all hung over Kurt and blaine crash at his house, and LOL at when burt comes in to find Blaine sleeping in Kurt's bed :D
MAJOR SPOILAGE ALERT

jesse can't be back, cause he was a senior, and um MAJOR SPOILAGE

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#52 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 10:55 PM
I admit, that was one of the most risqué episodes prime-time (or at least in N. Amer.) television has ever done with 'high school' characters - and definitely the most risqué in Glee history. Critics probably will slam it and punch it and kick it and throw hissy fits over it. I had a moment of "OMG is that actually Glee?" watching it, and as a teacher-in-training, I have to say that I wasn't entirely impressed by the way the topic of teenage drinking was handled. But it was still pretty good.

Also, Jaylo, that's a known fact. Sue did take over the role of coach for Aural Intensity (I'm pretty sure this is the correct spelling, but I guess either works - Aural refers to hearing, Oral to speaking) as of last week's episode.
Scholar
#53 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 12:56 AM
oh whoops, not oral intensity, the other one, Vocal Adrenaline. But seriously, I think Glee is being realistic about the alcohol thing, at least for my school. Sure maybe they should've had a stronger message, but I really feel like that's the exact approach my school is taking towards it. They can't stop us, they just try to warn us of the consequences. It's a pretty open topic at my school.

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Scholar
#54 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 1:17 AM
Well you can see episodes here: http://www.fox.com/glee/full-episodes

Why would she be coaching Vocal Adrenaline? What happened to Rachel's mom? Sue said she was coaching Oral Intensity... didn't she?
And I'm watching it right now and am about halfway through - drunk Santana is hilarious!

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Scholar
#55 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 1:38 AM
Lol, I'm rewatching it, just finished the party/kurt's bed scene. Darren is AWESOME

Scholar
#56 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 1:51 AM
I agree! THAT WAS HILARIOUS! I laughed my head off! I knew that they hadn't actually done anything though... otherwise it would have been a bit more... emphasized.

tumblr
Scholar
#57 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 10:51 PM
Aw, that sucks!
That would be very interesting if Sue did replace Shelby... However I do believe she said that she was coaching Oral Intensity... After all she pushed the original Oral Intensity coach down the stairs so that she could take his job.

tumblr
Scholar
Original Poster
#58 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sleepalldaypartyallnight
Also, I think the US (and Canada? not sure bout you guys) has stricter rules about what can and can't be shown on TV doesn't it? I know there's loads of swear words you can't say on US TV but you can say on UK TV certainly. And some of the soaps had been pushing boundaries (well, kinda) recently. But I guess I can't judge it until I see it, which is hopefully not too far away...

CAB Code of Ethics, Clause 10 – Television Broadcasting (Scheduling)

* Programming which contains sexually explicit material or coarse or offensive language intended for adult audiences shall not be telecast before the late viewing period, defined as 9 pm to 6 am. Broadcasters shall refer to the CAB Violence Code for provisions relating to the scheduling of programming containing depictions of violence.
* Recognizing that there are older children watching television after 9 pm, broadcasters shall adhere to the provisions of Clause 11 below (viewer advisories), enabling viewers to make an informed decision as to the suitability of the programming for themselves and their family members.

(...) (Note: To accommodate the reality of time zone differences, and Canadian distant signal importation, these guidelines shall be applied to the time zone in which the signal originates.)

What Glee did with Blame It on the Alcohol wouldn't have qualified under the code.
Scholar
#59 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 10:42 PM
OH MY GRIM REAPER!!!

tumblr
Scholar
Original Poster
#60 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 4:15 AM
Mmm, that interview was quite some time ago, however (Nov 15) - RM is notorious for changing his mind. I was leaning a bit towards Blaine, myself, until I found this. Now, I'm almost wondering if this isn't how they're going to write Lauren out of the season to make room for Kurt and Blaine, if Darren Criss has indeed been picked up as a regular for the rest of the season and the next.

Also, new spoilers for the "Regionals" episode - from the looks of the titles that ND are performing, makes sense to me that whoever dies this week inspires the songs for Mar 15 (the air date for regionals).

Also
Scholar
#61 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
Mmm, that interview was quite some time ago, however (Nov 15) - RM is notorious for changing his mind. I was leaning a bit towards Blaine, myself, until I found this. Now, I'm almost wondering if this isn't how they're going to write Lauren out of the season to make room for Kurt and Blaine, if Darren Criss has indeed been picked up as a regular for the rest of the season and the next.

Also, new spoilers for the "Regionals" episode - from the looks of the titles that ND are performing, makes sense to me that whoever
this week inspires the songs for Mar 15 (the air date for regionals).

Also

Haha, the Warblers would win at anything they'd do. Wait... writing Lauren out of the season? How come she's leaving? Poor Puck lol.

I do hope Darren Criss will stay though (being a fangirl of sorts). Even if they "change their mind" I don't think they would just boot him from the show.

tumblr
Scholar
Original Poster
#62 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 11:28 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooo. Not my Puck! :P

Gah. That episode doesn't air for another two weeks, I believe. I'm going to die of anticipation before I ever see it.
Scholar
#63 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 12:26 AM

tumblr
Scholar
#64 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 1:52 AM

Scholar
Original Poster
#65 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 2:01 AM
Arg! I'm already going through withdrawal - there was no Glee episode this week (they stuck AMERICAN EFFING IDOL in there instead). Why must they taunt us with such things?

ETA: If you read way down on the Ausiello file, there's also some discussion about whether it's
It would almost make sense with the hints that they've given us so far.
Scholar
#66 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 2:38 AM

Scholar
#67 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 2:44 AM

tumblr
Scholar
#68 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 3:01 AM

Scholar
Original Poster
#69 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kailacat

Yup - him. For the exactly the reasons you two don't think it'll be him, I think it would make sense.
Scholar
Original Poster
#70 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 2:17 PM
Yup. But only because it's turned into season-long discussions about anything and everything Glee under the sun. I don't mind, though.
Scholar
Original Poster
#71 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 4:14 PM

Also, I want Volume 5 so badly, you have no idea. However, I'm not sure if a new volume will come out around my birthday in May (I told my parents to let my little brother know he can get the newest Glee CD for me for my birthday, since I'd already bought the newest ones at Christmas when he came up with the idea). So no Vol 5 for me until I see a new one coming out.
Scholar
Original Poster
#72 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 4:21 AM
I'll let you know what happened as soon as the episode ends tomorrow!
Scholar
Original Poster
#73 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 2:17 AM
Scholar
#74 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 9:46 PM
More about the epic spoiler to come v v

but yeah, the originals are surprisingly good and I love blackbird <3

Scholar
#75 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jaylo2112
More about the epic spoiler to come v v

tumblr

Page 3 of 5