Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#651 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NewSimgirl2011
@Morrowindnostalgia - Do you plan to blog your neighbourhood? If so, where are you going to be blogging?
Love the neighbourhood!

@NewSimGirl2011 - thanks for the kind works, I really appreciate that somebody enjoys it I did toy with the idea, but I'm new to this Sims blogging stuff and don't even know where people usually do this... I've seen a few tumblr posts that do this?

Either way, I do plan on eventually releasing a clean version for a custom hood download, but that may take a while :p
Advertisement
Instructor
#652 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 10:09 AM
Yeah Tumblr is the place slot of people blog now, though I still don't have a Tumblr, but I bookmark alot of my favourites and catch up that way. Well good luck @Morrowindnostalgia. Look forward to one day seeing the non-custom hood version.
Forum Resident
#653 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 3:50 PM
I feel bad for admitting this, but I did not have an interest in Criquette's shop facades beyond 'Oh, Criquette did a thing, cool.'
Then I downloaded them for his car set without any intention of using them, and...I have kind of fallen in love with them.

I've combined it with one of Lowedeus's Russian sets and it has given me the EXACT European/English city vibe that I was going for, with apartments above shops.

I have been failing to get this result in build mode, so I'm so happy this worked out. Guess I'm playing a simlish game after all!

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Scholar
#654 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 8:09 PM
This is a test hood that I haven't even really tested in, truthfully, but I quite like what I've done with it.. Quite tempted to play with it. :D
Screenshots
#655 Old 1st May 2020 at 5:55 PM
I am nowhere near finished building or adding hood deco, but I am in love with this terrain.
This is my new neighborhood Luna Canyon, nestled in the bottom of the canyon with no other towns around for miles. It is split by the Lapis River. Currently, on one side only the Piccolo family (the town's founders) resides. On the other side of the river is the agriculture district with the Romana, Parker, and Fraser families.

It is inspired by Zion National Park in Utah. Not based on it at all.. But Zion takes my breath away and just makes me feel happy. And if I could live anywhere I would have loved to discovered Zion Canyon before it became a national (theme) park and have settled at the bottom of it and allow myself to be cradled by the beautiful rock formations. So that is what my Simmies get to do
Screenshots
Scholar
#656 Old 11th May 2020 at 2:56 AM

For some reason, I've suddenly gained a gleeful obsession with neighbourhood aesthetics. While skyboxes and skylines are still not all that I would want them to be, they have markedly improved since the last time I tried them out. Pleasantview looks like it's in an entirely different game!

Concrete terrain still has some issues, but I like the effect of the sky on the SimCity River.

The Dumptown neighbourhood of SimCity certainly looks even drearier under the requisite grey sky of a grim noir city...

...inculding from within the dump itself, which I was loading up with scavagable junk.
Forum Resident
#657 Old 14th May 2020 at 8:46 AM
City on a foggy night (click image to enlarge)
Screenshots
Scholar
#658 Old 19th May 2020 at 5:40 PM

We're on the road to nowhere... While it does look like the road is going off a cliff, I find it an improvement over the old picture below:

Any ideas for how to make the neighbourhood water a little less immersion-breaking in Riverblossom Hills? Otherwise the view is almost seamless.

Coming in for a landing at SimCity Jetport...
Mad Poster
#659 Old 20th May 2020 at 5:52 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 20th May 2020 at 6:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Freefalldreams
Any ideas for how to make the neighbourhood water a little less immersion-breaking in Riverblossom Hills? Otherwise the view is almost seamless.

It looks fine if you use a low enough camera angle that the map edges aren't visible.

If you rotate the horizon 180 degrees and place it from the opposite corner, the river looks as though it continues on into the woods on the horizon.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#660 Old 25th May 2020 at 4:04 PM Last edited by Sechmet-The-Lazy-Cat : 26th May 2020 at 3:33 AM.
My alien shopping district, Abydos. I love how it turned out. All the business owners and employees are gonna be either aliens or robots/servos.

Forum Resident
#661 Old 27th May 2020 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sechmet-The-Lazy-Cat
My alien shopping district, Abydos. I love how it turned out. All the business owners and employees are gonna be either aliens or robots/servos.

Wow, that is gorgeous. I gotta do something like that when I have a better computer

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Test Subject
#662 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 1:58 AM
Default Sorry for the grid lines and if this is the wrong thread
#

I was impressed with my neighbourhood until I saw all of yours xD, Mine looks mediocre in comparison.
Mad Poster
#663 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 12:43 PM
Here's the view of Dodge takin in the winter of 1840 just after the Jankowskys arrived as the town founders earlier that year.
Here's a view of their home from the town view taken in the winter of 1840.
Mad Poster
#664 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 10:06 AM

Autumn that'll never end. Also new pine forest.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#665 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 1:49 AM
Lindenridge Valley in Autumn

Mad Poster
#666 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 2:41 AM
@SimplySimPro

What skybox is that? Love what you did with the rocks by the way.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#667 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
@SimplySimPro

What skybox is that? Love what you did with the rocks by the way.

It’s by DramaLlamaDingDog which you can find here: https://dramallamadingdang-tumblr-c...s-the-first/amp

And thank you! <3
Alchemist
#668 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 10:54 AM
Edge is the hood I am currently building.
It was once a mining boom town. Some of the mine buildings still stand - there were two competing companies, based at opposite ends of town, with a railway to carry away the payload. The township evolved between them, with an urban sense of permanence, but it was not to last.

As the ore ran out, the town shrank. The railroad closed down and is overgrown in places. There are even some abandoned railcars left on the line. Now, Edge is a dead-end desert township. The only really green space is in the park opposite the Town Hall, and the inhabitants have to travel to the Big Smoke for anything beyond the necessities, including school for the kiddies.

The bright blue building to the left is the new public swimming pool, built to try and revive some civic pride, and keep families from moving away.

I'm still working on Edge - since this was taken, the sports fields have been added between the pool and the raliway. The town centre will also be more filled in as I get through my building list.
Screenshots

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Forum Resident
#669 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 8:37 AM
Default conceptual future city (click on image to enlarge)
The more hood deco I find the more futuristic I can make my cities. I designed the walls of the houses with domed roofs myself with Homecrafter Plus. The Avenger's towers you see in the middle and elsewhere are actually lot deco placed on the biggest empty maxis lot size available and I placed them as buildings in my neighborhood.
I love doing cities like this.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#670 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 11:33 PM
Great work guys. Makes me so jealous seeing such amazing hoods its literally like artwork!

Im pretty hopeless at making hoods but have wanted a sim city / capital city with skyscrapers, districts etc for a while now - would anyone consider uploading / creating this type of hood available for download in the future?

Feel cheeky for asking but it would mean the world to me to finally be able to have a sim city type hood to play rather than the usual town/village type hoods!
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#671 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Evertonian1992
Great work guys. Makes me so jealous seeing such amazing hoods its literally like artwork!

Im pretty hopeless at making hoods but have wanted a sim city / capital city with skyscrapers, districts etc for a while now - would anyone consider uploading / creating this type of hood available for download in the future?

Feel cheeky for asking but it would mean the world to me to finally be able to have a sim city type hood to play rather than the usual town/village type hoods!

Requests for content to be made for you are not allowed on Mod the Sims. Here is the relevant rule: 17. No Requests: Please do not post threads with requests for content to be made for you, or post in threads (downloads, tutorials, or otherwise) with requests that things be made for you unless the creator has specifically stated that they don't mind requests in the thread. Site rules can be found Here
Test Subject
#672 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 8:44 PM

Have you given Emerald Heights a chance? It might not be AS urban as you'd like, but it's still more city-like than most neighborhoods.
Mad Poster
#673 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 12:48 AM

I use Glabeglarn's SimCity for a Downtown in several of my neighborhoods. It requires quite a bit of neighborhood deco CC, but looks awesome.
https://glabeglarn.tumblr.com/post/185226854741/simcity
Scholar
#674 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 9:06 AM
WOW, I want to show off the latest iteration of Rematra and sub-hoods, but it is no where near as beautiful as these masterpeices.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#675 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 5:57 PM
Lacuna Delta town center looking moody:

The commercial part of the town in snow:
Page 27 of 35