Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#76 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 5:34 PM
I'll try to match more the third picture. I waited to see if it was ok to base myself more on it
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#77 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 6:08 PM Last edited by lanawinst : 5th Mar 2010 at 8:48 PM.
Like that (still have to put the lots):

That's so ugly! sorry for your eyes

Edit: Alright, with lots it gives something like that:

Is that the kind of plan you wanted? DD, if you think you can make something less ugly, that would be great Otherwise I could go on and then add information and some sizes.
Wiki Wizard
#78 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 10:23 PM
I'm not sure i understand what you've made let me see if i can express my view more clearly lol

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#79 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 10:23 PM
XD a little explanation: the middle thing is not a flag black = road, yellow = residential lot, pink = community, red = city terrain. Better? :D

And the red is going to be filled with lots obviously... I know it's still ugly but it should be at least understandable now
Wiki Wizard
#80 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 10:30 PM
So are there going to be houses up on that mountainous region? the green bit where the black road runs through it?

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#81 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 10:29 PM
Yes, the mountains are... green (I know^^) and there's going to be lots strewed on the road. There's supposed to be different level oh height too but I just don't know how to do it so...
Wiki Wizard
#82 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 10:33 PM
Oh right i think i get it now, ok that looks good to me, the main red centre needs to be more packed with lots

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#83 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 10:32 PM
I know, it was an unfinished version to see if that would be ok before finishing it, so that I wouldn't have to do it all if it wasn't ok. Other remarks ? Things that should be done differently?
Wiki Wizard
#84 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 10:37 PM
No i really like it, i see how it has a similar concept to the RL picture, all i would say is that, the circle of lots in the main town seems strange to me, maybe just do blocks of houses

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#85 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 10:35 PM
All right! I'll get back to it.
Wiki Wizard
#86 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 10:52 PM
Ok good luck, i cannot wait to see the finished plan and then to see it made up on a map!

Lab Assistant
#87 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 1:51 PM
Sorry I haven't contacted you guys in awhile, (school), but Ive been working on the world and produced a first one, but I'm not that satisfied with it so im working on a second. Creating a world is kinda hard, lol.

Good music is like a candy bar; All you have to do is throw out the rappers.
Wiki Wizard
#88 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 3:40 PM
Beavers, kiwi_tea has decided to come on board and has said he will make the world for us so you don't need to worry about it any more, i know it's hard, i've tried it too, but kiwi_tea is like expert at this :D

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#89 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 5:13 PM Last edited by lanawinst : 6th Mar 2010 at 5:45 PM.
Hi! So here it is with the names etc. I apologize because the sizes are not really respected so you may need to adapt it:

legend:
pink: community
yellow: residential
black : roads
p: parks/plazas
sizes of the buildings already made:
residential: 25x12 (12 facing 25 siding)
Library & city hall: 20x25 (20 facing, 25 siding)
School: 25x20 (25 facing, 20 siding)
Creek with the swordfish: 40x30
I have no idea of the size of the fishing shack and the museum so I'll tell you later. I hope this is ok. I still can make changes if required.

Edit: Included the manor. I also agree on the idea of having it gradually going up in the mountains like in the rl pictures.

Edit 2: Sorry, I almost forgot. There should be little isles around and one will need to be accessible because it'll contain Lilith death spot.
Wiki Wizard
#90 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 5:22 PM
You need to include the main fishing manor that i need to make it should be in the mountains! also that looks really good, kiwi do you think you can work with this and really make it something special in ts3? It would be great if the city was not all one level, but slowly getting higher as it went backwards :P

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#91 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 9:49 PM
Kiwi-tea, is that going to be ok or would you need it to be different?
Retired
retired moderator
#92 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 10:12 PM
I can definitely work with that. Perfect timing, I've just finished a mini-world for upload here so I can work solely on this now. Give me two weeks to get a base down and iron out the inevitable issues, my schedule is suddenly thick, but I'll keep everyone updated with pics, etc.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
#93 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 10:14 PM
I really like the map, Lana. I can't wait to see screenshots of it in CAW. And I will start working on the business center soon.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#94 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 10:17 PM Last edited by lanawinst : 6th Mar 2010 at 10:34 PM.
That would be perfect, thanks I'll keep the post with the map updated with the sizes of the buildings we're already building. Also, would it be too much to ask if as soon as you'll get a precise idea of the final size of any lot, you could tell it here so that I could relate the info to the builder team?

Edit: Actually I've put all the relevant map info on the first post and it's gonna be updated there. It should be easier to follow like that.
Wiki Wizard
#95 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 9:34 AM
Oook i cannot wait to see some updates kiwi Lana, in terms of lot sizes and such, i need to email you later when i come back from work with regards to that

Forum Resident
#96 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 4:04 PM
Lana, the map is wonderful! It's looking so much more realistic now.
Kiwi Tea, I can't wait to see how you're going to make it look.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#97 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deluxe Designs
Oook i cannot wait to see some updates kiwi Lana, in terms of lot sizes and such, i need to email you later when i come back from work with regards to that

Alright. I'm so looking forward to the updates too
Wiki Wizard
#98 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 6:52 PM
Aww i completely forgot what i was gunna ask you :/ i should have sent it before i went to work XD if i remember what it is then i'll send you a pm

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#99 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 9:37 PM
Ok

Kiwi-tea, would you need me to look for more rl picture for inspiration?
Retired
retired moderator
#100 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 10:04 PM
I think I'm good, I might have a first version without textures up within ten hours or so. I have course reading to do by Wednesday, which is only a day away here, so feel free to provide plenty of inspiring pics that I can refer to if you want. I'll still be in that basic organising stage for probably the next half a week. Making these world bases properly can take quite a bit of time and reworking and then refixing (I started building Niua Simoa experimentally, with little CAW knowledge under my belt, all the way back in November last year).

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON

Page 4 of 11