Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Build An Arrrrrsland- A piratey place for your buildin' pleasure!

by bakafox Posted 28th Jan 2012 at 5:40 AM - Updated 22nd Jun 2013 at 1:35 PM by bakafox : Clarifying install & Sidewalk points

88 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 9:33 PM
hi ! amazing world from above. unfortunateley there is no lots i seem to be able to move on.. is it me ?

thanks you
Inventor
THANKS POST
#52 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 7:06 AM
I LOVE this! I've been looking for a world without roads and NO lots already placed! Thank You!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kinoshy
hi ! amazing world from above. unfortunateley there is no lots i seem to be able to move on.. is it me ?

thanks you

It is not just you, this is a 'builder's world', and as the overview states, there are no lots. It is a place for people to put their own lots and do their own building or find other people's lots to download.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 9:45 PM
Side note anyone wanting to check on the progress of the version with lots I mentioned in earlier comment- had computer issues, not sure when I'll get it finished. Working on it when I can!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 3:34 AM
oh thanks mate ! and how can i modify it with CAW since its a sims3Pack ?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#56 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 2:01 AM
If you want to edit it in CAW ther eis a tutorial/forum thread about editing premade worlds, what I made it for mostly was to use the in-game world editor, when you are in edit town mode. You can use the in-game world editor to add lots of all standard EA sizes to place your own or downloaded ones on.
Test Subject
#57 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 12:20 AM
Really love this world. I've set up my own lots and had great fun doing it. One thing I have noticed since I started actually playing 'live' is that occasionally sims seem to get stuck on the bridge. I've had a wild horse stuck, my active dog, an inactive sim get stuck multiple times and an inactive sim get stuck once. What's really weird though is that it's not every time. Sometimes they cross the bridge quite happily and then other times they get stuck and start shouting that their route is blocked. This didn't happen the first time I played live but did the second and third time. Not sure if it's a world problem, a 'my game' problem or an EA bug problem but thought I would report it. So far I haven't noticed this glitch in any of my other games in other worlds. Have to say though, I'm going to carry on playing this world, it's stunningly beautiful. So thank you for all your hard work.
Test Subject
#58 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 11:45 PM
Will someone please tell me how to download this? When I try to unzip the 2 files it prompts me to "locate the file named MTS_bakafox_1267427_Build-An-Arrrrsland.part2.rar." No matter how many times I do so and locate the file, it always repeats the same instruction. If I cancel, it says an error occurred attempting to expand file. I own a Mac OS X. Help?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 5:27 AM
Have you tried renaming the .rar files? Seems some programs for unpacking multipart archives want things a specific format, like if you were to rename them:
ArrIsland.part1.rar
ArrIsland.part2.rar
ArrIsland.part3.rar

For people who just can't get multi-part files to work, you can get it in single .rar at http://bakasims.com just please be kind about my bandwidth costs =)
Test Subject
#60 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 11:23 PM
I renamed them like you said and it now lets me expand part 1, but part 2 comes up with an error message saying that the structure of the archive is damaged.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 6:51 AM
Sounds like maybe the download of it corrupted then, at least that's my best guess. It can happen sometimes =/

Again, if you keep having issues, you can find a single-RAR in the downloads section of my Bakasims.com
Test Subject
#62 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lipglosschaos
I've tried creating a new game with this world, but each time it just just crashes my game, giving me the "Sims 3 is not working..." message.

I have the same problem
Test Subject
#63 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 12:16 AM
Default Bridge trap.
Quote: Originally posted by Kimlupai
Really love this world. I've set up my own lots and had great fun doing it. One thing I have noticed since I started actually playing 'live' is that occasionally sims seem to get stuck on the bridge. I've had a wild horse stuck, my active dog, an inactive sim get stuck multiple times and an inactive sim get stuck once. What's really weird though is that it's not every time. Sometimes they cross the bridge quite happily and then other times they get stuck and start shouting that their route is blocked. This didn't happen the first time I played live but did the second and third time. Not sure if it's a world problem, a 'my game' problem or an EA bug problem but thought I would report it. So far I haven't noticed this glitch in any of my other games in other worlds. Have to say though, I'm going to carry on playing this world, it's stunningly beautiful. So thank you for all your hard work.

Me, too. I've been having the same problem. Sometimes it seems like half the town is stuck on the bridge. I've been using the "resetsim" cheat to remove everyone one at a time, but that is really time consuming. And it doesn't work on wild horses. If anyone knows of a better fix, please share it! Otherwise, the island is great. There's nothing like a tropical island to help you get through the winter.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 5:05 PM
This world is so great. It giving me a chance to try out something I wanted to try. "Subway" use of the dive wells. Placed a graveyard on the middle island and made a tomb. Most of my dive wells will be centralized there.
Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity to try and play sims a different way. I love the no roads thing too! OMG!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 3:44 AM
thanks so much for making this! I want to make my own town but CAW is murder. This is just perfect!
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bakafox
Afraid I can't help much here, am not good at game glitches and crash related help- all I can think of is what game version are you running with and what expansions do you have?

If your version number on launcher is lower than the one I list in post, that might be why you're having problem, also if you don't have World Adventures (out of curiosity have tested worlds with people who don't have all EP's, and the person without WA is top on list of people who could not get it to run.)

Those are the only reasons it might be doing that I can think of off the top of my head =/

Yup, I don't have WA. Thanks for the help, I'll try again when I break down and decide to buy it!

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 8:53 PM
cannot get this thing installed - crashes my game every time. I have all expansion packs and i got around the 2 download thing with no problems. i even got hold of the one download version, and i still can't get it working. It be a real shame cause i really wanted to play this world. Sad pirate - Aaaaaaar....
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
THANKS POST
#68 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 1:04 AM
I couldn't get it to work, so I downloaded it as one file from your site (which looks very nice, btw). I gotta say, I'm impressed, it's a great world, and perfect for my castaway sim, since there are no roads.
Test Subject
#69 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 5:29 PM
The map is awesome, the best sims map I've ever played, but unfortunately, I had up to 10 sims stuck on a bridge. Is there any way to fix that bug?
Test Subject
#70 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 5:43 PM
Service arrivals (pizza delivery, repairman, etc..) won't work with this map. The same goes for carpools, adoptions services or any kind of service that uses transportation. Please give us a version with defined roads (the existing "roads" should remain, just make them driveable).
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#71 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 3:03 PM
Awesome neighborhood...thank you
Test Subject
#72 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deylendor
Service arrivals (pizza delivery, repairman, etc..) won't work with this map. The same goes for carpools, adoptions services or any kind of service that uses transportation. Please give us a version with defined roads (the existing "roads" should remain, just make them driveable).

i am playing with this world too. the problem with the bridge i solved with master controller (reset city once a day). for now there´s only one sim who struggles through life (if you call it like that, i´m german an that was the only idea in english ). So no streets are ok. but the city is supposed to be to grow in future and then i really need a version with streets (maybe of concreed or something..) PLEASE!!!!!!!! It´s because your island is just wonderful, i love it so much!!
Field Researcher
#73 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deylendor

You know, bakafox replied about this several times. This island was not created with driving in mind - it was created specifically for a very rustic / castaway type environment where your sims only walk around on the paths (those are sidewalks not roads) and live out their existence without fancy things like carpools and pizza deliveries. Some people LIKE a world like that without all of the clutter and crowding, you know?

That being said, I would like to THANK YOU so very much bakafox for finally being the only sims world creator I've found to make a world without roads that actually works. I have only ever found two other tiny tropical islands with no roads, one is Lonely Isle by Rflong7 which is great, but very very small, can only fit about 10-12 lots total squeezed into the three flat areas it has, and the other is a just called tropical paradise2 or something like that, been around forever on the exchange, but it was made without any terrain restrictions and so the sims do not use the painted paths, but run right up over a very steep mountain ridge, and its also quite small.

YOUR island, however, is nice and flat for the most part, with tons of building area and lots of connecting paths (aka hidden sidewalks) that the sims actually do use very well to get places, and that's great!

I love the fact that its very rustic with no roads and not even any lots...this frees up the player for complete creativity.

I'm currently playing a "Survivor" series of 8 sims who have built a nice big compound there and are living quite happily scavenging, fishing, and growing their own veggies. If sims don't have roads, they don't really care about going anywhere and are quite happy.

One question I have is, how can I scavenge the furniture pieces that are magically spawning in a few spots on the island? I love that they seem to have 'washed up' on the beach, but so far all I've been able to do is detonate them with my inventor sim... cannot salvage them like you can a piece of furniture in a junkyard.

Have had no problem digging for scrap in the many junk piles, nor in finding seeds and gems, metals, digsites etc.... just the right amount of everything for a few sims to survive on! It's GREAT!

Test Subject
#74 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 12:48 PM
file damaged...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#75 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Envie42

One question I have is, how can I scavenge the furniture pieces that are magically spawning in a few spots on the island? I love that they seem to have 'washed up' on the beach, but so far all I've been able to do is detonate them with my inventor sim... cannot salvage them like you can a piece of furniture in a junkyard.

(As people may notice, I am terrible at keeping up with comment threads, so sorry!)

But in case anyone else has this issue- I'm sorry, I actually do not know why the junkyard spawners are making it so furniture can't be salvaged. I'm having that problem in several of my custom worlds- not just on beaches, even now, months later. I wish I could be more help, but it may have something to do with the CAW version I built with or something. I will have to see if the problem persists now with further patches.
Page 3 of 4