Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Build An Arrrrrsland- A piratey place for your buildin' pleasure!

by bakafox Posted 28th Jan 2012 at 5:40 AM - Updated 22nd Jun 2013 at 1:35 PM by bakafox : Clarifying install & Sidewalk points

88 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 4
Forum Resident
#76 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 3:00 PM
I downloaded this and couldn't unzip because part of the files names were not the same. I altered them both to 1267428 and it worked. Thought I would mention this in case any one else had the same problem.
Forum Resident
#77 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 10:51 AM
Got it working and had to delete because horses kept getting stuck on the small island in the center and I got tired of resetting them. Pity because it looked great in play otherwise.
Test Subject
#78 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 12:32 AM
This doesn't seem to work with the latest game (Island Paradise / patch 1.55). My game is fully patched and has no problems with any other worlds or save files, but when I attempt to save in this world, Error Code 12 pops up without fail. It shouldn't be a memory problem, since it only occurs in this world and I'm running a 64-bit system (which lets Sims 3 access more memory) with 8GB of RAM.

Not entirely sure what's causing the problem here - like I said, don't have problems with any other worlds, so a mod incompatibility seems unlikely...

Wanted to let you know
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Asaia127
This doesn't seem to work with the latest game (Island Paradise / patch 1.55). My game is fully patched and has no problems with any other worlds or save files, but when I attempt to save in this world, Error Code 12 pops up without fail. It shouldn't be a memory problem, since it only occurs in this world and I'm running a 64-bit system (which lets Sims 3 access more memory) with 8GB of RAM.

Not entirely sure what's causing the problem here - like I said, don't have problems with any other worlds, so a mod incompatibility seems unlikely...

Wanted to let you know

Me too. Error Code 12, only in this world.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#80 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 2:39 PM
Have been on another Simming break for life purposes- will be looking into this error 12 issue this week & weekend and trying to figure it out.

Would y'all with the issues please list what EP's you are using and any SP's? Also how long did you play before you got the error 12?

So far with my morning's testing I've saved the game twice successfully.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bakafox
Have been on another Simming break for life purposes- will be looking into this error 12 issue this week & weekend and trying to figure it out.

Would y'all with the issues please list what EP's you are using and any SP's? Also how long did you play before you got the error 12?

I have all the EPs and all of the SPs. As soon as I loaded the game, I tried to place a lot, the game gave me a message that said "The Sims 3 has stopped working." I re-loaded and tried to save as soon as the game was loaded. That was when I got the Error 12. I did this three times. I uninstalled the world, re-installed the world, and it still happened.
Test Subject
#82 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 12:51 AM

No SPs, and for EPs I'm running WA/LN/AMB/GEN/P/SS/UL/IP (aka. everything except ST and SN). And I didn't even get a chance to play - loaded the world, went to save (hadn't done anything except load it), and got Error 12. I tried reloading the world, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the world, nothing worked. And it's not happening with any other world, either EA or user-created. Just this one. Which sucks, because with Island Paradise I'd love to start a legacy in it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#83 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 7:21 PM
I am still not having any error 12 issues when I test this world =( I'm going to see if I can get some friends of mine to also test it soon. The only totally off the cuff thing I can think of.. is maybe something went weird with my upload here to MTS- if you would like, try grabbing it from www.bakasims.com and see if you still error? It's exact same file, just not split into parts there.

I have NO idea if this could even possibly be the cause, I'm just grasping at straws =/
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 7:22 AM
I am still not having any error 12 issues when I test this world =( I'm going to see if I can get some friends of mine to also test it soon. The only totally off the cuff thing I can think of.. is maybe something went weird with my upload here to MTS- if you would like, try grabbing it from www.bakasims.com and see if you still error? It's exact same file, just not split into parts there.

I have NO idea if this could even possibly be the cause, I'm just grasping at straws =/

Hey Bakafox...I did download it from your site, so that isn't going to help. I downloaded this world and played it for a long, long time. And really loved it! It's just the new one (1.55) that seems to be giving me this problem. I do have Awesome in my game, as I did before, but tonight I'm going to remove it and try to upload and save your world again. Its the only weird thing that I can think of, and trust me I've given it a LOT of thought! I'll let you know if this works. Morrighan
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 3rd Sep 2013 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by runesong54
Hey Bakafox...I did download it from your site, so that isn't going to help. I downloaded this world and played it for a long, long time. And really loved it! It's just the new one (1.55) that seems to be giving me this problem. I do have Awesome in my game, as I did before, but tonight I'm going to remove it and try to upload and save your world again. Its the only weird thing that I can think of, and trust me I've given it a LOT of thought! I'll let you know if this works. Morrighan

I'm so disappointed that I still can't get this to work. I cannot think of any reason why it shouldn't.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 10:18 AM
Thanks!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 6:14 AM
Thanks!
Page 4 of 4