Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 5:04 PM
Default Is there any way of increasing the FOV of the 'normal' camera?
I guess you'd call it the live mode camera rather than, say, the free camera you enter by hitting the tab key. In the free camera you can alter the field of view (FOV) by zooming in and out with your mouse wheel, right? What I'm trying to work out is, how do I change it so that the default FOV in the game is bigger in normal gameplay.

For instance in The Sims 2, the FOV can be increased using the files in the 'Cameras' folder. I use an edited version of this camera edit compilation. In The Sims 3, it can be done from the XML called 'Camera' which is in the GameplayData file, by editing the default value of <kMainFOVDegrees value="45" /> to be a higher value. I've not yet been able to find any guide or mention of how to do this in The Sims 4 and it's making me think that I'm missing something obvious.

I'm used to having an increased FOV in the other games and I can't get over how cluttered and "zoomed in" the camera is in TS4 by comparison. Playing in tiny apartment lots makes me feel kind of sick and unlike in my other games, playing with the walls up is really difficult.

Any tips for where I should be looking?