Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lord Woot, the tentacled monster, from the comic Elf Only Inn (Colors & Meshes)

by Akabarl Posted 9th Sep 2007 at 3:08 AM - Updated 1st Jul 2008 at 2:41 AM by Akabarl : Pointing out a nice recolor from baian

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 83 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 10:26 AM
I'm interested in seeing it work as a ghost. I'm expecting it to look suitably spooky.
Field Researcher
#52 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 8:42 PM
Just in case anybody cares, the wardrobe cheat that comes with the inseminator works GREAT to keep Lord Woot in his proper form for exercise, bathing, working, etc. Wait till you see him running on the treadmill when his body level is still pretty low and he keeps slipping off. XD Or playing the guitar when his creativity is high and he puts it behind himself to play. TOOO AWESOME. Best Sim Ever.

If anybody gets to the part of the ElfOnlyInn comic where LordWoot is, I'd really appreciate it if he/she would post a link, please.
Test Subject
#53 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 11:10 PM
Aha Woot! I love Woot! One of the best characters in the series. Thank you sooo much!

Sure I may be trying to take over the world with squirrels. But that doesn't make me crazy.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 2:50 AM
Just a little more Woot-love. These aren't the most hilarious screenshots ever, but they showed a bit of personality, so...

Lord Woot is startled by a vicious canine:

Lord Woot enjoys a bologne sandwich with a friend:

Thanks again. :lovestruc

coming to you directly from the mothership/make my funk the p.funk
Test Subject
Original Poster
#55 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Silky-M
Just in case anybody cares, the wardrobe cheat that comes with the inseminator works GREAT to keep Lord Woot in his proper form for exercise, bathing, working, etc.

Exercise/sleep/outerware you should be able to set him without using inseminator just by planning his outfit to himself for each category at a wardrobe. I'm probably going to try and address the bathing thing within a few days. Great general solution though you have... Jobs though, didn't even think of that.

If anybody gets to the part of the ElfOnlyInn comic where LordWoot is, I'd really appreciate it if he/she would post a link, please.

Woot was first brought into in EoI on October 27th, 2002, in a misguided attempt to drive out one annoying demon with another. Shortly after that he became pretty much a regular feature until an extremely long hiatus for the comic. When the comic was relaunched with a mmo theme rather then the original chatroom theme, they spent months of strips trying to hack the game to allow something resembling Woot to be available for use by Will, the guy who had been playing him all along. Since succeeding he has been sadly underused.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#56 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 12:04 PM
Default !!! New uploaded component - Blinking eye !!!
In an effort to add more life to Woot's stare, I've added a blinking eye to the list of files on the original post. Do to processor concerns and that people might prefer no blinking, I'm having as a seperate file rather then replace the standard eye... As I say in the post, the CAS for this turns out ugly, but doesn't have an impact on the functionality.

-Akabarl-
Field Researcher
#57 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 2:32 AM
Thanks for the link! I'm having fun getting to know Lord Woot better. He's a Spears fanatic, huh? That's the weirdest thing of all.

I'm playing different households now and it is such fun to go to community lots and bump into my Woot. ^^

If I download the new file will my already-extant Woot have the blinking eye?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#58 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 6:29 AM
If I download the new file will my already-extant Woot have the blinking eye?

No, the blinking eye is an entirely seperate hair option, so putting it on an existing Woot involves using a mirror.
Test Subject
#59 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Akabarl
It started up again like a year ago with the characters having moved from playing in a chat room to playing in a World of Warcraft clone.

Nice I love WoW I am an addict lol
Field Researcher
#60 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 10:46 PM
Oh, the blinking eye works very, very well. You did yourself proud.

I'm enjoying the comic very much too. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!
Instructor
#61 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 2:28 AM
W00t!

Now where's his broom?
Test Subject
#62 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 10:49 AM
I'm noy sure what worries me more - the fact that someone did a sim of Lord Woot, or the fact I promptly downloaded it.

That said, great job. :D

Never regret growing old- it is a privilage denied to many.

I like the end of these adventure trips best- because I don't look at the obstacles and say "I can't", "'I won't", or even "I will". Instead, I look back and say "I did."
Test Subject
#63 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 4:13 PM
Thank you so much for making this! I love Elf Only Inn!

I must download and make an EOI house in my game immediately...
Test Subject
#64 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 1:19 AM
AMAZING!

Thanks bunches! <3

YoU wIlL gIvE mE cOoKiEs.

*remains cookie-less*

...you seem to be immune to my mind control.
Test Subject
#65 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 1:20 AM
P.S. Blinking eye = GORGEOUS!
You've truly outdone yourself with this one!

YoU wIlL gIvE mE cOoKiEs.

*remains cookie-less*

...you seem to be immune to my mind control.
Test Subject
#66 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 7:23 AM
Okay, I seriously don't post, um... ever... But I have come out of Lurking! Sorta.
I have to say that EOI is just the best thing since sliced bread, and now that I have a Lord Woot, I think I may need to make some other characters. However, because I'm a lazy bum, if anyone else feels like making any characters from EOI, I'd totally love and adore said person.
Also, this is probably the best thing I have EVER downloaded in my game. Totally has a place of honor. Lovelovelove and such.
-goes back to hide and lurk-
Test Subject
#67 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 6:55 PM
LOL!!!!! HAHAHA! nice 1 m8 xD
Field Researcher
#68 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 4:23 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 30th Nov 2007 at 6:37 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Brilliant! I'm sure my romance sims will enjoy him >:D

~~like a dirty dog
Test Subject
#69 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 10:43 PM
awesome job! Looking forward to adding him into my game. Thanks much!
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 3:55 PM
Hilarious! Can't wait to see it in game!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 8:57 AM
Awesome!

It's not clean unless it's Pine O' Clean!
Field Researcher
#72 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 1:37 AM
I don't know if you've had to give up on everything Simmish for awhile or what, but when/if you do install BonVoyage you MUST take Lord Woot on vacation. Get him on the log roll and have him swim in the ocean. Everything he does is wonderful... he is the best Sim imaginable. I'm sorry you've vanished and you're missed!
Test Subject
#73 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 10:02 PM
This is one of the greatest Sims I have ever seen. I have started making movies with him, and I will send you copies when they are finished! Completely amazing.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 8:08 PM
He would be perfect for a sim horrormovie :D
Good job!
Test Subject
#75 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 5:14 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 20th Feb 2008 at 8:36 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
CUTE! but also scary=_= I just wonder how his or her kids look like
anyway, thanks!
Page 3 of 4