Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 7:39 AM
I am mostly worried about whether or not my computer will be able to handle it.... I already have to keep my graphics options at medium to keep my comp from crashing while I'm building...I'm not looking forward to having to upgrade my computer guts again....
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 8:14 AM
This is going to be a great expansion. But if it comes out on DVD version I will have to wait until the CD version comes out in Europe. Pets was giving me a lot of hassle and has therefore almost put me off buying any more expansion packs. Stuff Packs are fine. I will buy Seasons but only because the extra stuff.
And as for my graphics card it seems to be fine. I only have a Radeon8500 and its running perfectly...

*´")
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Wil-Redfern*¨)¸;*
#28 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 11:12 AM
@eedgan- I love those ideas! I'd also love to see them effected by the weather! And they could get tans!
I'd love to have more stuff for the pool, Rubber rings, Slides, etc... Ohh and what about armbands for toddlers?? they could go in with their parents! The snow would be much better for the christmas stuff too...
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 8:26 PM
without reading the other responces, i think it sounds great!..I do hope they finish it though, be more thorough and that it runds properly..otherwise its a fantastci idea, I just wonder how many people's computers will be able to handle it
Test Subject
#30 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 4:11 AM
I still haven't (and probably won't) buy Pets... I definitely won't be buying Seasons for a while. I never buy the EPs immediately, instead waiting to hear all the pros and cons from folks who do. It's a habit I started back with S1. I finally got around to buying Makin' Magic for S1 only after EA had put out the University EP for S2.

That said, I -am- curious about the Seasons EP.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheeseisgood
I want to know how the sync it... It's winter at one house, and you switch to the next one and they're in the middle of a summer heatwave. Can't see it working...

I totally agree, but when I stated that some1 flamed me and said that isn't it the same of being Night in 1 house, and daytime in the other.
Not for me, as I play my house evenly, and always stop at 6pm then next house.
:bag:
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#32 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 12:34 PM
I hope they fix the individual roofslopeangles and the other things Pets broke in Build mode

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Site Helper
#33 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 1:35 PM
I hope they don't ship it with ANOTHER hornet's nest like the one Pets shipped with.

Not that I intend to buy it for a while. I'm beginning to doubt that I will ever even buy Pets.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#34 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ConradThe2nd
I totally agree, but when I stated that some1 flamed me and said that isn't it the same of being Night in 1 house, and daytime in the other.
Not for me, as I play my house evenly, and always stop at 6pm then next house.
:bag:

I agree. I've given it some thought and even IF they synchronize weather on neighborhood scale (as in, when it's summer, it's summer in all lots until you play one enough for the season to change) but even then it has its issues, because maybe you played one house till mid summer or so, then move on to the next, still mid summer...then play it until it's winter and when you go back, the other house will have jumped from july to december...

I think that unless people play all houses evenly (which, let's face it, is tedious in small neighborhoods and almost impossible in large ones), we'll have spring at the Calientes' and a blizzard next door at Don's...pretty much the same issue as with aging and grandkids potentially becoming older than their grandparents depending how much you play each lot...

Which, does suck.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 2:18 PM
I always buy the expansion packs and they are getting worse and worse and ... (just to give an example or 2:
  1. OFB: you cannot visit the home of another sim...
  2. Pets: No dog shows??? What's up with that? I want my dogs in a show and get a prize for the stuff they can do... (almost like sims1 pets)
  3. ...(my list goes on for a few 100 of lines)

Now with season, It will be bad AGAIN... Like I can think of that they would NOT let sims skate on a river in the winter when the river is frozen...or that it will be raining inside, if you have put the graphics on low...

Also the system req. start to scare me... They go up every EP/SP/.... But when I find it in stores, a lot of (friendly) people will already have it and tell the pro and cons of it (I hope)... I'll wait until then to decide
#36 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 5:38 PM
I dont play every day, or even every week nowadays. And when I finally get around to it, a lot of time is spent on organizing downloads (hacks especially) and find the appropiate DL- updates for the latest expansion, and so on. Its more work than play. But I will buy it, cause I always love new stuff and interactions. Im curious about this one, more than I was with the other EP:s. So how can I not buy it? (Deep down I think the game has grown a little to big, to fast. To really play with all the options and make the most of it I would have to put everything else aside. That doesnt make any sense...)
Test Subject
#37 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 3:22 PM
Well, I don't like the title. "In Season" is what we call it when a female dog is um...bleeding from down there...
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#38 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 3:25 PM
Think yourself lucky they didn't decide to call it "The Sims - On Heat"

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
#39 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 3:39 PM
Erm yeh, good point Inge lol
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 11:45 PM
I'm definately buying In Season but I'm not happy with Maxis. Their ex. packs are getting worse and worse each time and I think they'll never be able to really impress me. I also don't like their little idea of sucking up everyone's money either. I mean come on, they claim they made In Season beacuse they couldn't fit it in Pets but they knew what they were doing: EA/Maxis knew that people would buy Pets no matter what crap (or lack of as it seems from people who have Pets) they put in Pets since the fans have been asking for it since the base game and they knew that In Season=more money. Nice try EA/Maxis! :mob Even though I will buy this expansion pack, you guys really disappoint me sometimes. *end rant*

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NH1
[list=a][*]OFB: you cannot visit the home of another sim...

Why would you except to visit sims houses with OFB, thats doesn't make any sense.

I thought NL might give me the option of that, as afterall NL does come with Cars and Neighborhood views, and still you can't visit houses. Was disappointed.

:grrr:
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 7:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ConradThe2nd
Why would you except to visit sims houses with OFB, thats doesn't make any sense.

I thought it would be possible since you can start a shop at home. I thought 'sim a' start a shop at home and let 'sims b' (who lives on a different lot) visit 'sim a' and buy something from his shop! Well looks like you can only visit public lots...
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 7:36 AM
Of course silly me, thats why I don't like home businesses, because sims can't visit them so I see no point, you have to play the family if you want a home business.
I expected in OFB that I could save in any community lot, I was disapointed there, as you can only save at the community lots you own.
Instructor
#44 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 1:21 AM
I'm not all that excited about it, really. I don't know if I'll buy it right away or not, but I'm pretty sure I'll have it eventually xD I'm pretty worried about "what it'll break" tho'.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 4:03 AM
Well i'm still trying to get used to the new introduced bugs Pets gives you, and if this is released early in Feb, hmmm... well not much time to prepare a EP, this promises to be the most buggiest yet.
#46 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 4:30 AM
Eh, I don't care if the seasons won't be in sync. Aging across the neighbourhood isn't in sync.

I don't really expect much out of a game--I judge it based on what I actually see with my own eyes and out of my own play experience. Not a fan of speculating about a game, creating a whole NEW game in my head, and then becoming crestfallen when the game doesn't live up to my dreamed up expectations.

I'll probably end up getting it just for collection's sake. Unless my favourite hack creator stops creating, then I'm happy to just stop collecting at the point that he stopped at too.
Test Subject
#47 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 4:19 PM
well snootysims noted that Maxoid MoonBelly has mentioned In Season a little bit in her blog.. looks like this pack will come with a new neighborhood (I can already see the nightmare in loading time). I need a new processor.. and more ram... so people's speculation that the seasons may be in neighborhoods might be right... I'm just not that impressed with what I hear.... even though pets was no biggie, it was what I expected. With In Season.. doesn't sound like there's much to expect.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 12:49 AM
So far, the only packs I haven't got for Sims 2 are the Stuff packs, and I'm pretty satisfied with all of the ones I own - my fav thing to do is unlock stuff in Pets and OFB, but a lot of things such as cars and chemistry from the other two packs really come in handy. I'm thinking about getting Glamour Life STUFF sometime soon, just because some of the stuff in it looks really cool. Hopefully this pack will meet the expectations of what I'm hoping for and much more. It can't be such a bad idea if it does just that.
#49 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 4:14 PM
Depends if they add alot of objects, Cause thats what brings me back to play the game...Like if they add a basket ball hoop and a way for your sims to play an actual basketball game...I'm am going to get this game the second it comes out...
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 2:30 PM
I've never played anything besides university and nightlife....i definately dont care about pets(*sighs* boring, just like a todler, except they pee on the floor-and they probably tear up your yard if they are like real dogs), i hate teaching todlers, why would i want to teach a pet to just be obediant??)...and I dont see myself getting OFB...I do want the glamour stuff pack though. I dont care for OFB because my simmies never even get jobs, I just cheat and give them money...I really just love the game to build houses and decorate them, and make families, and hook them up randomly...I HATE how long it takes to load just when the sun comes up/goes down, so I know that once it starts raining/snowing/whatever, my game is going to be frozen for probably 15 minutes atleast. I just bought sims 2 for ps2, and was so disapinted with that...I thought it was going to be better than urbz, which i was so in love with...needless to say, maxis has not made me happy since nightlife. especially the things I hear of the problems people have.

The only reason I would get it is to just have new walls, furniture, clothes, and hairs, ect...BUT the people who make custom content are BETTER than maxis, so if I can get that stuff(atleast a good amount of it) for free, why bother paying maxis for stuff that I dont like, lol They should hire Liana, and Peggy and other great custom content makers, dont you think

*******has an idea*******
You know what I would buy is a stuff pack of just clothes and hairs for the urban sims...MAXIS, start on it!!!!!
Page 2 of 6