Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Blueprint Maker (Updated 08/17/2013)

by velocitygrass Posted 25th May 2013 at 6:20 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:41 PM by Nysha

287 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 146 Feedback Posts, 140 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 12
Test Subject
#101 Old 28th May 2013 at 7:11 PM
Default error
I created a folder with the file and image.
download the folder here:http://www.mediafire.com/download/c...doz/my_room.rar
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  my room.rar (651.4 KB, 8 downloads)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#102 Old 28th May 2013 at 7:32 PM
Holy shit!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#103 Old 28th May 2013 at 7:50 PM
When I first heard about blueprints, I was so excited that I'd be able to make my own. Then I realised you couldn't do this and I was really quite disappointed. Now you've made this cool utility, I can't wait to try it out. Finally blueprints will do what I expected them to do! Thanks so much! :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#104 Old 28th May 2013 at 8:48 PM
WOW this is amazing!

I will try to see if I can figure it out!
Inventor
Original Poster
#105 Old 28th May 2013 at 10:20 PM
@simaholic63: Since it was previously quite hard to create new blueprints, I don't think that MTS has a policy on that yet. But it's a good question. Maybe someone who wants to upload a blueprint can ask in the site discussion forum and report here.

@9b8ll: That's very puzzling. Are you on an older patch level? I'll be working on fixing the plumbing issues this weekend. Maybe I can try to add some extra error messages in the floor code to pinpoint what is going wrong.

@SenPain: The laptop alone costs §4000, which really drives up the price.

@sww: Thanks! I can reproduce the error with the file. I'll have to look into what causes it.

@anie_1981: I'm sorry the tower only worked partially. Maybe it really was the CFE walls. And yes, I've been able to reproduce issues with sinks, toilets, and showers. I will look into them this weekend.

@SusanStar: I get the same crash when I try the file. Somehow the walls don't seem to fully go around. Could you export the lot and upload it for me somewhere? That would make it easier to diagnose the reason for the issue.
Field Researcher
#106 Old 29th May 2013 at 12:27 AM
Wow! Velocity, this is amazing! I've given it a try and it's seemingly very easy to use. Now comes the big, however.... When I tried making a blueprint of the living/dining and kitchen combo in one of my apartments, all of the furnishings, doors and windows were moved forward about two or three tiles on the blue print, so they don't line up properly with the walls. I tried it twice and got the same results. Could the problem be that my building is classified as an Apartment building?

I've attached a .zip with the script_error, the blue print .package files and the lot itself in case you want to take a look. I used the rooms from the 3rd floor apartment to make the blueprint and then opened up the two apartments on the 2nd floor and tried laying out the blueprinted rooms in an attempt to make a second large apartment on the 2nd floor (hope that made sense!). I hope you will be able to use the lot file. I rebuilt an apartment building from a TS2 Neighborhood which I'm converting to TS3, and simply saved the lot to the Library, so it's in .package format.

Thanks for the wonderful tool! Hope you can help me figure out what went wrong. Thanks!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  mflaha55_BP_TTAptsLiving_Dining.zip (2.91 MB, 9 downloads)
Scholar
#107 Old 29th May 2013 at 5:17 AM
No, I'm on the latest super patch, 1.50/16.0 Seasons.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 29th May 2013 at 12:44 PM
I haven't gotten to play around with this too much but it works find so far. Thank you for making this and sharing it with all of us velocitygrass. I love using the blueprints but hated I couldn't make my own style ones for quick placement. (for those let just play already days)
Test Subject
#109 Old 29th May 2013 at 6:09 PM
Instructor
THANKS POST
#110 Old 29th May 2013 at 6:27 PM
I had a strange problem. I had one blueprint, and it was bathroom. The bathroom had CC Doors, I don't know if it matters. After putting it on the lot, half of doors and windows at the house disappeard... the blueprint bathroom also had no door. I have deleted te file, now I regret it, but if I'll get the same situation with other blueprint, I'll try to send it here.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#111 Old 29th May 2013 at 8:34 PM
You ma'am, you are my hero <3
Test Subject
#112 Old 30th May 2013 at 9:14 AM
I want to know... Is this a possible solution to our placing houses on a larger lot?! If you could make it so you could blueprint multiple stories or even have to just make separate blueprints for each level but include the yard, that would be enough I should think?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#113 Old 30th May 2013 at 8:11 PM
OMG Thank-you so much!
Inventor
Original Poster
#114 Old 30th May 2013 at 11:06 PM
Genral update: I've found an issue that caused problems when creating blueprints on non-ground levels. With the fix, I could successfully create a blueprint of Claire Ursine's top floor bathroom. I'm still looking at another issue, but the new version should be out this weekend at the latest.

@sww: I found the error! If you click on the carpet, it will not recognize the lot and thus completely fail. If you click on the tiles, it should work. I'm trying to see if I can fix that. In the meantime, avoid clicking on carpets or other floor deco when creating the blueprint.

@mflaha55: Since you mention you tried it on the third floor, I strongly suspect, the above mentioned bug was the reason for issues you had. Thanks for uploading the relevant info. I haven't looked at it yet since I suspect the next version will fix it, but it's good to have test data.

@9b8ll: So it's not that. Maybe more debug info in the next version will give us some clues.

@SusanStar: Thanks for uploading the lot. From the screenshot, it also looks like your room is above ground level, so maybe it's the same issue that will be fixed in the next version.

@icy: No, it's not, but thankfully, that will be a problem of the past with the next patch, which will include the possibility to move lots around during the placing process.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#115 Old 31st May 2013 at 5:24 AM
I cant believe how epic the sims community is. Able to develop such useful stuff compared to most other game modding communities.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 31st May 2013 at 10:23 AM
Brilliant thank you!
Test Subject
#117 Old 31st May 2013 at 2:01 PM
when will be available the new version?
Test Subject
#118 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@icy: No, it's not, but thankfully, that will be a problem of the past with the next patch, which will include the possibility to move lots around during the placing process.

Really?! That's awesome news! I'd love it if MTS opened up a section for downloadable blueprints using your tool... I, for one, would be interested in downloading other people's rooms instead of full houses. :3
Inventor
Original Poster
#119 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 2:24 PM
I've uploaded a new version with a few fixes.

@SusanStar: It's out now.

@9b8ll: Sorry. In my haste to get this version out, I forgot to add the logging info about floors. But you could still try out this new version. Maybe some unrelated changes make a difference for you.

@icy: Yes, it would be nice to download blueprints from the community.
Test Subject
#120 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 4:38 PM
thank you very much, everything worked!
like my house?
Scholar
#121 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 5:04 AM
No, I tried the new version and the floors still not showing up. But I still love the blueprint maker though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 6:48 AM
OMG I LOVE IT! It is so awesome!
Instructor
#123 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 11:21 AM
Could you try to find out why this room can't be put to blueprint? The program gives me an error message.

Screen is HERE
Attached files:
File Type: rar  The Sims 3.rar (21.5 KB, 7 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 3:36 PM
thank you :D
Test Subject
#125 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 2:31 PM
cool stuff~ths a lot
Page 5 of 12