Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Blueprint Maker (Updated 08/17/2013)

by velocitygrass Posted 25th May 2013 at 6:20 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:41 PM by Nysha

287 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 146 Feedback Posts, 140 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 12
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#126 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 5:56 PM
I-I-I-I love you! Words cannot not describe how much I love how this exists! Thanks a billion times, I dunno what I do without your mods :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#127 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 2:16 AM
You are my hero I was sitting here so sad because I'm moving soon, and everything is being packed up and when I get to the new place we won't have intertubes for awhile. The joy of playing with this will entertain me for ages I imagine :D
Inventor
Original Poster
#128 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 9:27 PM
@SusanStar: I'm glad it worked. After determining the height of the room as an issue and seeing that your room was above ground level, I actually didn't install it, assuming it must have been that bug. So I've oly seen the screenshot of it, but it looks very nice.

@9b8ll: I'll attach a special version of the helper package, which should print out some info on why it doesn't get any floor info. If you could test it, and upload the log file for me, I'll take a look and hopefully figure out what's going on.

@anie_1981: I'll attached a fixed log. I added some missing characters in line 457 of the log.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  velocitygrass_blueprinthelper_floor_logging.zip (18.5 KB, 11 downloads)
Description: helper package to analyze missing floor problem
File Type: zip  anie_1981_fixed_log.zip (24.7 KB, 11 downloads)
Scholar
#129 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 3:41 AM
Okay Here it is. Hopefully you can see what's wrong with it.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  9b_log_file.7z (5.0 KB, 6 downloads)
Description: Blueprint Log File
Inventor
Original Poster
#130 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 5:55 PM
@9b8ll: It looks like you're clicking somewhere on the lot outside the room? I'm surprised this works at all, but I guess I only check that the room ID fits, which is 0 for everything that is "outside" as far as the game is concerned. Try clicking on the floor inside the room you want to blueprintify and see if that works.
Test Subject
#131 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 6:25 PM
this program doesn't work I get an error message when I go to savr
Inventor
Original Poster
#132 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 7:52 PM
@lanie1075: Some logfiles include errors that the tool can't work around. You can try to create another log or attach the logfile you created, so that I can take a look at it.
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 6th Jun 2013 at 12:50 AM
So...anyone uploaded any blueprints to share yet?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#134 Old 6th Jun 2013 at 6:14 PM
Thanks, the fixed log file seems to work OK, I've created the package file with no problem. I'll see how does it work in game.

Well I'm the kind of person who likes to learn "how to...". So tell me please, "How did you fix the log file?". How to find out where to write something?
Scholar
#135 Old 7th Jun 2013 at 9:26 AM
No, I tried blueprintify my test print inside the room twice in the newest package and floor still does not appear inside of the blue print. This is so weird I wonder if this has to do with using windows xp instead of using windows 7?
Inventor
Original Poster
#136 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 8:40 AM
@anie_1981: Well, I have the advantage that I can debug the logfile to see more closely where it fails. You can still scan your logfile for obvious errors. In your case when you go to the section with the Objects it looks like this:
Code:
Object: Key=319e4f1d:10000000:0000000001406f5a, X=12.50097, Z=31.49951, ...
Object: Key=319e4f1d:50000000:00000000014070e0, X=12.49998, Z=30.5, ...
Object: Ke4f1d:00000000:000000000000057b, X=11.49991, Z=30.99999, ...
Object: Key=319e4f1d:00000000:2714859e1e6c567e, X=11.49993, Z=30.49996, ...
Object: Key=319e4f1d:00000000:345563361b792f35, X=11.3035, Z=30.83042, ...
As you can see, all lines except the middle start off with "Key=319e4f1d" after the "Object:". In the middle line it's cut off after the e in Key and than picks up again with 4, so the "y=319e" bit was somehow lost.

Not all lines in the log will be read by the program. Some are just information.

The relevant lines for the program begin with:
  • Floor:
  • Object:
  • OuterWall:
  • OtherWall:
  • Center:
  • Value:
  • The huge Presets xml blob

You'll also find the complete log twice, so if you think something in a line looks strange, you can scroll further down and should find a copy of the same line, which maybe/hopefully isn't also corrupt.

I'll have to take another look at the blueprinting once the patch/IP comes out, and maybe I can also add more robust error handling.

@9b8ll: Then it seems the helper records or calculates an incorrect position. From the log file it recorded a click on (x:14, z:12) in the lot, with the room going from (x:18, z: 8) to (x:22, z: 18).

Can you create a tiny lot and fill it with a house as far as you can, so that as much as possible is covered in floors and surrounded by walls? See if it works if it's one large room. If that works, you can split up the large room into smaller ones with different floors to analyze if it's "shifting" the click in any particular way.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#137 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 3:08 PM
Thanks, I'll try to look into my logfiles, next time I'll try to make a blueprint. I don't know why it happens, but sometimes not all the objects are inside the blueprint, mostly doors and windows (I tried to use EA base game doors\windows, and it's the same). Recently even the shelf on the wall disappeared. I bet, that all lines of objects in the log file were missing...
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 6:13 PM
So I was trying trying to create a blue print of my test bathroom, and I got this error message:

It made blue prints before and after this one, I even re-"Create Blueprint" the room and the same thing happened... I'm probably doing something dumb, but could you help me?
I went a head and uploaded the error logs to 4shared incase you needed them:
http://www.4shared.com/archive/mc4q...errorlogs.html?
Thanks a bunch
Test Subject
#139 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 10:05 PM
i tried making a blueprint of a cool pool I saw but when I placed the blueprint on my lot the pool wasn't there anymore
Scholar
#140 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 10:34 PM
I very sorry, I'm a little confused. What do you mean when you said "shifting" the click in any particular way?
Inventor
Original Poster
#141 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 7:27 PM
A note in general: I prefer questions about mods in their specific comment thread instead of PMs. Thank you.

@Alizatina: Unfortunately, it seems that creating a log in the same room, also recreates the exact same error in the file. Thankfully, the copy I add as a check does have the correct info, but so far I'm doing a very dumb comparison. I'll have to look into better automatic error handling.

Since you uploaded your log (thank you!), I could take a look and identify the issue: In line 296 for the third object line, there is a space missing between "Z=18.5," and "Y=0". If you add the space after the comma, it should work.

@lanie1075: I'll take a look at how the pools are done in IP/the new patch and can maybe support them in a new version.

@9b8ll: As far as the logfile goes, you clicked outside the room. I'll upload an image that hopefully clarifies it. It shows the room outline and where it records your click. So my theory is that it somehow miscalculates the click to be elsewhere.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 8:00 PM
Thank you!
Quote: Originally posted by Quantum_Reality
Absolutely exceptional! I have always wondered why the development team had not made such a tool immediately available... A thousand of thanks!! :D

I agree with that there quote; I poked at the blueprints once and then realized there was no way to customize them, so I left them completely alone forever.

Now I've spent 15 HOURS overnight making my own blueprints in various themes. I am so deliriously happy (or maybe it's sleep deprived), and it's all thanks to you, Velo. I weep with joy. I bless your name.

Thank you. :lovestruc

Success is getting up one more time than you fall down.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#143 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 5:04 AM
I never, ever use blueprints, but this tool will actually make them useful. The possibilities this opens up for the building community are huge. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#144 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 6:39 PM Last edited by Goodywood : 16th Jun 2013 at 8:56 PM.
First off.. I love this mod! Thank you soo much! ^.^

Here's my problem..

I made 7 blueprints, but only one showed up in game. I did the following...

I made individual rooms (not connected). I had each room spaced out on the lot, so only one room shows in the photo that I take for the BP.

1. I click on the room, and selected "Create Blueprint Template" (since none of the walls were painted, but the room did have carpet).

2. Then I took a screenshot (little clear circle showed in the middle on snap).

3. I went to the program and opened the error file and screenshot, give the BP a name, and saved.

I did steps 1-3 for the other 6 rooms, however I kept the program open and just open the new errors and pics for each room and saved under different name (also gave each a different description). So, I'm not sure why it didn't show... the only reason I think is because nothing was on the walls ( they were blank), no wallpaper no windows, however the BP that did show had 3 windows on one wall, in that room. So that's my guess. Going to try again and let you know. I hope this wasn't mentioned already in the comments, or in the overview (which I did read, but might've missed), if so ... sorry!

Thank you!

Edited: Oh, one thing I forgot to mention was that the household I move into the lot had CC on (make-up, hair), so not sure if that interfered with anything.

Edited 2: I think the problem is solved! I can only do one BP at a time. I have to close game after every BP I make.
Inventor
Original Poster
#145 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 10:51 PM
@Goodywood: It shouldn't be necessary to close the tool or the game. I've created several blueprints without restarting it. As long as the unique ID is different (along with the error log and screenshot), a different package should be created (it is not enough to change the name you save it under; you need to edit the unique name in the tool since the resource IDs will be created from it).
Field Researcher
#146 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 3:45 AM
Oh! I see! Yeah, I left the name the same. Ok, I understand now! Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#147 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 6:35 AM
I think it seems easier to just build the room...
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#148 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 6:59 PM
Everything worked out well. Great tool! Thank you! It's much needed! *thumbs up*
Scholar
#149 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 2:26 PM
Okay I tried that and it still didn't work. Only the walls and windows showed up. Maybe I'm just going to add the floors myself. Everything works like a charm
Instructor
THANKS POST
#150 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 9:35 AM
I only want to say, that blueprints created before patch 1.55, works in the game I haven't tested mod itself, but old blueprints work just fine.
Page 6 of 12