Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#176 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 10:25 PM Last edited by Dizzy-noodles : 3rd Dec 2020 at 10:57 PM.
My 'weekly shop' delivery routine:
1. Receive text message telling you 'some items are missing' 2 hours before delivery - you know, once it's too late to do anything about it.
2. Receive phonecall from driver who has been to your house at least 4 times, but is lost.
3. Greet driver on doorstep, make conversation by commenting on his wet t-shirt, by asking if it's raining - he says no, stand there feeling awkward as you realise it might be sweat.
4. Reject all completely unrelated products which are apparently 'suitable substitutions'.
5. Reject all short dated food, as eating a 4 pack of pork steaks and an entire loaf of bread, by yourself, after 10pm, wasn't in your plans for this evening.
6. Carry remaining half of shop indoors.
7. Unpack, drying all wet items with kitchen roll (is it the refrigerated van, is it the rain, who knows).
8. Find broken and leaking item in bottom of bag, swear profusely whilst wiping everything down and having to throw leaky item in bin.
9. Wipe puddles and drips off floor where shopping was.
10. Ring mother and ask her to add missing items to her delivery.
11. Consider sending a complaint, but realise you can't be bothered navigating their dreadful website again.
12. Pour yourself a strong drink .
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#177 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 2:18 AM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 4th Dec 2020 at 2:25 AM. Reason: It's just a bad day.
My day was ruined by leaky pipes. I've never soldered a upside down pipe joint before. I've also never "un-soldered" a pipe. and I've ever glued black pipe. Ugh! And there's going to be a stink if I have the water off for too long. I hate this house and all the junk in it. I'd call a plumber if I thought he could get in through all the junk in the house! I cleaned the garage for the furnace installers and now the garage is packed full of junk again. Where does it come from?!
I want to move! There's two rooms and a garage that are so full of junk that we don't even use the rooms anymore.

I just found out that the reason there is no room in the Church for me under the "quarter occupancy" Covid-19 law is because of all the folks from outside the parish who want to see what we're about. I am glad that there are so many folks interested. I'm kinda interested too, you know?

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#178 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 4:05 PM
Fatigue, nausea and irritated eyes.

I took a nap after the cat farted me out of bed and she decided to be an asshole elsewhere.

I felt like I had broken my legs off and had to fix them before going to take my medicine. I got to see Dr. KW about adjusting my pills.

Currently, my parents work at a warehouse for those shop-by-phone TV networks. My father set the record during his first week in his department for most containers packed.

Right now, I don't want my cat demanding my attention. I'm not feeling well enough to interact with a cat.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#179 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 3:35 PM
The 4 deadlines I have this week, all of which are due tomorrow for some reason. Its a hazard of doing masters. I really shouldn't have accepted.
Top Secret Researcher
#180 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 5:48 PM
Today is my youngest brother's birthday, he is a year older than me. I am the youngest and have 6 siblings. One by one they stopped talking to me. Today, I sent a text to the last brother I'm in contact with saying Happy Birthday. He's pretending like he doesn't know what I'm talking about. I'm not surprised he's become less cordial over the last few years. I guess that's it then.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#181 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 6:53 PM
Thanks very much to the supermarket and the bank!!!

Apparently my card payment was declined, despite there being enough money in my account. How lovely that the supermarket e-mailed me to tell me this at 12:20am last night, whilst I was asleep!

I work full time, I do not check my personal e-mails until the evening, when I'm on my personal laptop.

Funny how both the stupid bank and the idiotic supermarket text me about irrelevant crap all the time, but neither bothered about this! I have my phone next to me at work, as my team often texts about work stuff, like the computers crashing, and even if it was in my handbag, I would have heard a text message!

I can't get another delivery until 28/12/20 now, so I'll just have to not eat for the next 2 weeks, wonderful!

I hate incompetency like this, this is what happens when you get robots doing human's jobs!!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#182 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 2:14 AM
I have a suspicion that I may be lactose intolerant. My likelihood may be from the fact I lost my gallbladder a little over 10 years ago and my body is catching up on me.

To put it mildly, the output from the aft end is unfortunately typical.

At the very least, I should ask for Lactaid for the next grocery store run to see if it is lactose or casein giving me such trouble.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Top Secret Researcher
#183 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 4:09 AM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 22nd Dec 2020 at 8:13 PM.
Too many presents to wrap, too little wrapping paper and I only shop once a week because of the lock-down. Looks like Santa will "wrap" gifts in Amazon boxes this year.
Edit: Dear wife wake up at noon in a bad mood as usual, argues with kid over how to make pancakes and they're both angry, wife complains it's always an argument with us morning people and how we're ungrateful when she comes down from her She-den, then goes shopping. Meanwhile kid takes it out on me accusing me of being the pancake tyrant.
Me: Uh.... Okay. I'm not really enjoying this lock down stuff.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#184 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 3:36 AM
My father got the Charlie Brown treatment at work:

He was the last person to leave work. Aside from the security guard, he was the only one left in the building.

Now, I feel very bad. Everyone left about an hour before him and he didn't get the memo.

I want to ease the pain he went through.

Maybe I should work on a 1 panel comic.

Field Researcher
#185 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 10:13 PM
Glyphosate has a hard time to poison anyone. Thanks to global ongoing protest, against Bayer/Monsanto. They lost cases in court, cause Glyphosate cause cancer there is no doubt about it! Bayer/Monsanto had to pay billions, stocks went down. They lost trust. Cosco in US banned Roundup from their stores. So far so good. And what happens in Germany in the meantime? The Government worked out a law 2019, which makes it impossible to use Glyphosate on fields. BUT and that is unacceptable! The agriculture minister Kloekner, STILL refuse to put the law into effect since 2019!!!! Which means she STILL put anyone at risk, to get cancer young and old!! Thanks to food we eat each day. And even the forbidden poison Neonicotinoids comes back to the fields. Thanks to her. More bees will die. I don´t like what I see.
Theorist
#186 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 4:43 PM
A strong earthquake just struck a Croatian city called Petrinja, with the magnitude of 6.3. In 2020, this was the third earthquake of M 5.0+ in the radius of, like, 50 km. That distance, for tremors this big, is literally nothing.

In contrast, Zagreb, the capital, was struck with an earthquake that devastated many buildings and made history in 1880 as a catastrophe for the city. Its magitude?

I live somewhat away from the epicenters of those three earthquakes, but my house was shaking like crazy, and I'm pretty sure I'm developing something worth paying a therapist a visit soon.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#187 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 5:53 PM
@topp I was watching these on the earthquake map, crazy as I've not seen large quakes in that vicinity for a long time until this year.

Very scary!
Screenshots
Theorist
#188 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 7:09 PM
Oh, it's awful. And on top of all that, I feel like my fear and aggression towards these natural disasters are in no way justified, as there has not been any damage made to my property, compared to hundreds of people who have lost a roof over their head, let alone their home city.

For some reason, I'm still looking forward to 2021, thinking that it's going to be this heaven of a year, with all the bad shit happening being left behind after new years day. And let's just hope this was the great bang that 2020 finally ends with! Don't want ANY more surprises for the upcoming two days.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#189 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 7:30 PM
I hope you stay safe @topp , I've seen some video footage of the areas affected by the quake, lots of injury and damage. I hope 2021 will be much better and safer! :lovestruc
Theorist
#190 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 8:08 PM
Thank you so much, you're very kind
Scholar
#191 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 5:50 PM
I just got an email about one of my classes that's starting in like 2 weeks and basically that entire class has been compressed to be taught in 5 days. We're like gonna die at our desks I swear. 08:00 to 19:00 with only a single 20 minute break scheduled. Teach had better give us 10 min breaks every so often because my brain really cannot pay attention to things for more than 45 mins at a time, so like the 1.5hr thing teachers have been doing is already past my limit. So like big oof
Mad Poster
#192 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 10:21 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Jan 2021 at 3:30 PM.
Yesterday: Snow nearly gone, hoping the ice is not so bad, but all in all looking like the white sky cr*p was going away.

Today: Wakes up, comes upstairs, looks out the window... *swears loudly* Friggin' nearly 30 cm snow (about a foot) in one night. I had no choice but going out in all of this. Plow trucks are slow, sidewalks are even worse than the roads, and where it is plowed it's slippery because the slush/ice from the last snowfall hasn't gone completely away and everything gets trampled down to make more ice slush that freezes over. Coming home, the plow truck had made a half meter (or something like that - it went up to at least my knees) heap of snow in front of the house I had to trudge through.

Tomorrow: Possibility of more snow. If so, I'm definitely staying indoors

Maybe I'm extra pissed-off because I haven't slept very well this weekend. Had to wear some medical equipment, and it both itches (the stickers) and pokes (the wires) everywhere (only comfortable way to lie down was on my back, and I can't sleep on my back). Kept nodding off in the couch and in front of the computer, etc. all weekend. But finally got rid of it, so looking forward to a good night's sleep.

Oh, and had to get a new phone because my trusty old one half-died (still works, just not as a phone - stupid upgrades to the network...). Not too fond of the new one (the old one had functions I preferred, but it's ancient in today's standards) but I guess I'll get used to it after a while.
Top Secret Researcher
#193 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 6:28 PM
Default Electrical power outage.
Power Outage! So ready for it!
Not really a big deal. The only thing I'd do different is replace the big generator with a smaller one just to run the furnace and the refrigerators. The big generator is too big for this old man to use and uses too much gasoline. I dragged out the little emergency heater and the camp stove. Already had the flashlights with extra batteries out. All set, right? Food, light and heat!
Ready? You thought wrong!
I live with internet & screen junkies. They also like to complain and argue, so no screen + bad mood + nothing better to do = lots of arguments. This wasn't peaceful to me. I was trying to read a book but I kept getting "when will the power come back on", "my phone isn't charged", "Why did my phones get so slow? My phone won't work!" (because you used up all the high speed and your data is now throttled) I need to add a USB phone charger to my power-outage supplies. I have two, but neither one of them works.
I love these Light emitting Diode (LED) flashlights and light bulbs. :lovestruc I'm replacing all the lightbulbs in the house with LEDs and throwing out the florescent and incandescent bulbs.

Sims are better than us.
Instructor
#194 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 5:50 PM
My cat just managed to squeeze himself out through a small gap in the screened door. Stupid me, yelling at the squirrels to stay away from the peanuts meant for the blue-jays. Now I've lost my sweet boy, and it's freezing out.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Top Secret Researcher
#195 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 7:42 PM
I heard putting the cat's box outside your door helps AWOL cats out on an adventure find home.

Sims are better than us.
Instructor
#196 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 9:10 PM
He's back! :lovestruc Hours missing and he just strolls in, head high and proud as anything once the door slid open.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#197 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 7:46 PM
3' of snow. Bone-chilling, freezing cold. Ways out shut down.

Any questions?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#198 Old 5th Feb 2021 at 12:06 AM
Dyed my hair... didn't properly rinse out all the dye.

Grandpa might kill me.

I made a promise not to wreck the fixtures (too late)
I am out of shape in terms of hair care (very much so)

To top it off, I am the only one paying rent (my parents live rent free)

Scholar
#199 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 5:26 PM
Uni, life, the ususal
Top Secret Researcher
#200 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 5:48 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 12th Feb 2021 at 6:34 PM. Reason: Other message was just too darn grim.
I can't do anything right, according to someone. That includes knitting, sewing, washing clothes, doing dishes, making dinner, child raising, science ... all of it, including feeding the dog.
Every dog she's ever owned has been fat. Her dogs were fat long before we even met. She really believes in leaving a bowl of kibble on the floor so she doesn't have to bother with feeding them twice a day. Then I get blamed because the dogs are fat. Yes, I give them treats for training. The dogs come when I call. She complains the dogs are out to get her because they don't come when she calls.
So, I read up on how to feed a dog. Dogs for Dummies, Dog Owners manual, dog food cans. Okay! 3.5 ounces (weight) per 10 pounds of dog. Put the kibble up and start feeding.
She goes out and buys this "dog food" that is mostly water. I opened the can and checked: 12 net ounces (weight) but only 8 ounces (weight) was dog food and the rest was water.
I give it to the dog. Dog throws it up. In my world, if a dog (or cat) can't eat it, it's not really dog (or cat) food.

Okay, truth is I really can't Knit. I've been trying! YouTube videos. I had half a decent cast on and then something bad happened and it became tangle on a stick. I'll learn to knit.

I am blessed that this is the worst I have to complain about. :D

Sims are better than us.
Page 8 of 30