Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Above and Beyond (REQUESTED)

by SnookGee Posted 28th Jul 2006 at 2:18 PM - Updated 31st Jul 2006 at 3:21 PM by SnookGee

89 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 6:45 PM Last edited by bbear0287 : 30th Jul 2006 at 10:09 PM.
x0o0x, I'm having the same problem. I've tried installing it twice with Clean Installer, it says it installs but then its not there. I absolutely love this gorgeous house, so hopefully whatever problem there may be (if there is one) is small because I can't wait to play it! Excellent job with this house!

*Edit* I still can't get it to work, I have deleted all the other houses in my lot folder, except for one that was already placed. Tried installing again, it said files were installed ok, but still no house appears. Deleted Clean Installer to see if that would work, it said it installed then too, but still the house is not there. *cries* Sorry, I'm just desperate to play this house!
Test Subject
#27 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 7:52 PM
Hi XD. I made the request and I should say that SnookGee overcame my expectations. I already searched several times for similar lots and I also tried to build, but I'm not very good to deal with floorplan proportion and the houses in the game. XD

SnookGee, thank you very much and congratulations!
Test Subject
#28 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 8:30 PM
This is great! I love it! I only have one small problem though. Everything loaded ok, except my basement is completely flooded! I can't seem to get rid of the water!
Test Subject
#29 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 8:50 PM
hi really great work this is totally the best housei have ever seen but im confused! :s is the first list of where you can get the downloads of objects are they included with the house?
please reply thanx

mattywatsit
Test Subject
#30 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 10:40 PM
Help this is a fab house, and i REALLY want to play it, but im having real problems getting it to show up in my game! it downloads ok, but then nothing!

help
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:07 AM
anytime i install, it doesn't show up. I've done it like 10,000 times!
Test Subject
#32 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:33 AM
Problem
I downloaded the house installed it.Everything is there except the reason I downloaded in the first place.The HOUSE I have OFB can that affect the download in any way.If that doesn't can you upload the house (unfurnished) to see if that's the problem.I really want to have this house please find out what's worng
Test Subject
#33 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:54 AM
For those who tried and can't install:

-Use Sim2Pack Clean Installer to put ONLY the recolors, objects and etc that are in the file;

-Use Sim2Pack Clean Installer again and select only "lotSegmentForUpload", click "Install". Uncheck "Default Installation" and "Generate Sim2Import File", change the extension for "package";

-Change the installation directory for "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\LotCatalog\"
Rename the file to "cx_000000XX.package", where XX is the number of the lot in LotCatalog. If the last file it's "cx_00000017.package", then you must rename the new lot to "cx_00000018.package."

I installed without any problem, but i can't simply click in the Lot from LotCatalog. When selecting, the game crashes...
I think it's a problem with the size (bytes) or the lake, because I can't install any lot with lakes after applying the last patch for Nightlife...
Test Subject
#34 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 1:13 AM
an absolutely ridiculously amazing house. kudos!
Test Subject
#35 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 1:41 AM
Amazing work. Gorgeous house.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."-Douglas Adams
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 2:23 AM
Definitely above and beyond. You did an excellent job on this. Thank you so much for sharing.

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. --Eleanor Roosevelt
Field Researcher
#37 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 3:37 AM
Same here
Love the house
i wish i could play big lots for over 1 hour.
i hvae a Pentium 4 hyper threading 2.80GHz
2048MB Dual Channel DDR2.

Love the house.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 3:39 AM
Sorry, but, Damnit this house is awsome. i love the workmenship and the craftmans ship. Damnit u did go above and beyond. :D
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 1:01 PM
:clap:This is a fabulous house and a lot of work and attention to detail has gone into it. I noticed you used floor plans and I was just wondering what formula you use - how many feet to how many tiles. I've tried following floor plans and it just doesn't seem to work - I suck!! Anyway, great house and thankyou for sharing!!

In memory of my sister who died suddenly on 25th April,2005. Mum and I love you, hun, and we miss you so much. xx
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phoenix
:clap:This is a fabulous house and a lot of work and attention to detail has gone into it. I noticed you used floor plans and I was just wondering what formula you use - how many feet to how many tiles. I've tried following floor plans and it just doesn't seem to work - I suck!! Anyway, great house and thankyou for sharing!!

I used with my own formula w/c I usually named it window measuring. (sorry for the silly names.) for example, in one room, and if theres a double window, use the double window in measuring. cause it is a double window it occupies two tiles.

Alternative way, I draw a floor plan in a paper and try to use the window measuring technique. I can easily count how many tiles and long the wall should be.

HINT: try making the floor in the game by using small fences before making the first real floor plan. It makes a lot of help to me. Well, Hope that helps. :D

Life is a fragile thing, Har. One minute you're chewin' on a burger, the next minute you're dead meat.

Please,do not PM me regarding requests. Instead, post them in the proper forums. Thanks
Test Subject
#41 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:09 PM
hi,

i have done everything you stated in your diagram, but even though the house shows up in the menu, everytime i try to pick the house, the game crashes! help
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:21 PM
I have also installed and reinstalled. I've done my best to follow the Installation Help but still have no luck. It is a gorgeous house and would love to have it. Hopefully, someone will come up with another way to install.
Test Subject
#43 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:50 PM
Awesome Job! You did a great job! Wow i am speechless hope there's now where that came from. :D
Test Subject
#44 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 8:29 PM
I got it to show but my game just crashes That makes me sad i wanted to play with the pretty house too
Test Subject
#45 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 3:01 AM
I Have 2 Questions!!!!
Hello, its jakemastr

I have 2 questions for you?

1.i keep looking in the details about the house and i cant find the link to the walk-in-closet stuff-can you maybe give me the link?

2.i was wondering how you did that side garage i am building a house and i wanted a side garage?

thank-you-you can either private message me OR tell me through this post and ill check back later-PLEASE I REALLY NEED THEM-ALOT

peace

~jake~
Scholar
#46 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 5:49 AM
Beautiful Work! Congrads on the feature!

Please check me out at Sims Crossing Please do not upload any of my lots,clothing, or other creations to other sites!
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#47 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 7:09 AM
jakemastr

1.i keep looking in the details about the house and i cant find the link to the walk-in-closet stuff-can you maybe give me the link?
Walk-in-closet stuff is by simgedoehns here:
http://www.simgedoehns2.de/de/objects/objects_sz02.htm

2.i was wondering how you did that side garage i am building a house and i wanted a side garage?
Sideways garage tutorial here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=164641

Retired from Simming
Test Subject
#48 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 8:39 AM
This house looks great but everytime I try to load it crashes my game and I have to restart my comp.
Test Subject
#49 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 12:36 PM
Love the house but...
I installed it and the basement is flooded with water =(
Any sugestions how to fix this?
Test Subject
#50 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 2:10 PM
when i click the link for the dresser/closet, it doesn't tells me there's no such website. i hope there is because its a perfect house and i love the closet! is there anywhere else i can get it?

-Emmie
Page 2 of 4