Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Shop for Clothes - Updated for Patch 1.38 - 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 19th Jul 2010 at 11:41 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:11 AM by ani_ : Forgot to mention a bug.

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 65 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 7:09 PM
wow, Thanks so much its about time someone did this! Thank You for this 1 Billion TIMES!

Don't let others take charge of your life, you decide who you are
Test Subject
#27 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 2:52 PM
Hey, thanks so much for this! but is there any way you can create something that would allow us to tune the amount of money an outfit costs? I don't know anything about modding..anywayz, Thanks so much again!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 10:40 AM
Izzy J. 125: Download V2 and you can change the amount an outfit costs.
Test Subject
#29 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 10:37 PM
Default Polish Translate
Polish Translate:
Shop for Clothes - Kup ubrania

There is something still to be translated?
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 8:12 PM
OK I have a question! D: I downloaded this but where do i find the clotheing rack thing?!

I <3 you
Forum Resident
#31 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bozchick1013
OK I have a question! D: I downloaded this but where do i find the clotheing rack thing?!
I have the same problem. Also from the description, the Plan Outfit interaction should be gone from dressers. It is still there in my game.

Thank you for your time. :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Forum Resident
#32 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 4:49 AM
I had this mod in my game(and it's absolutely wonderful ^_^), but i stupidly updated the game with the new patch. Now it doesn't seem to work. Do you know if there is something from the new patch that's stopping it from working correctly?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 8:09 AM
Winterhart: The object is in decorative, under misc. If the actions from the dresser are still there, and no new actions are in the clothing, rack, then the mod is not getting activated. Read the help section on how to set up the downloads so mods work.

Miko09: I've updated as well, the quick test I did in my test hood worked fine. How exactly is it not working? and do you have fast lane stuff? I don't yet.
Forum Resident
#34 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 4:14 AM
When I got to the clothing rack, there is no option to shop or anything. I didn't check the dressers for any changes though. I haven't touched my game in a while so I while try to open up a new game and see if it will work while in that environment and will report back
Instructor
#35 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 11:15 PM
I installed this a few days ago, and it seems to be working alright except for one weird glitch. I have a new sim from CAS, and I planned her one everyday outfit with one of the dresses from fast lane stuff, leaving the rest of the everyday slots empty. Sometimes when she gets out of the shower, she changes into a set of base-game clothes that I didn't plan for her. It's not a big deal, and probably has to do with the dress she's wearing(since I know this mod was made before the recent stuff pack), but I just thought I'd let you know what was going on. I took screenshots of the offending outfits, and can send them to you if you're interested in seeing exactly what's going on.
Test Subject
#36 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 10:34 AM
hmm. I see no "Shop for Clothes" on the clothing rack. But I don't have the clothing button on the dressers thats working so.
I have Ambitions, and World Adventures Installed. NO Accessoires pack and no NL (AfterDark).

I installed the shop for clothes v2.

Btw. German for "Shop for Clothes" is "Kleidung kaufen" and "suggest outfit..." is "Outfit vorschlagen..." if you want to add this.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 4:24 AM
If you updated your game when LN came out you need the LN version. If you don't see the new interactions there's something wrong with your mods folder settings, if they are set up right you'll see the new interactions.
Test Subject
#38 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 10:17 PM
Thx for the Info. Didnt know I need to Install the NL version if I have no NL Installed. thx allot.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#39 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 11:54 AM
Tested it in my LN 1.17 game, no problems (except that I don't know how to change the price). Great work - congratulations!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 9:55 PM
1.18 Problem,

Bugs:
Charges for Unchanged Outfits.
Resets Life Span Meter.

Just letting people know, an Update is needed.
Btw Thanks for this.
Test Subject
#41 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 4:48 PM
Thank you very much!

I didn't know that you could do cloth shopping in Sims 2, and when I came to know about this, I thought that why they have left out such a vital thing!

Suggestion:
I just took a visit to the shop, but didn't buy anything from there. But still it cost me 200 simoleons. So if you could limit the amount to the number of outfits purchased, there should be no problem if we buy nothing.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 3:54 AM
i downloaded the mod and played the game, but the thing is there is no shop for clothes option on the rack i try to click on it and nothing comes up. i checked the dresser and there a change outfit, but no plan outfit, so i assume something works. maybe its b/c i went to a consignment store?
Instructor
#43 Old 30th May 2011 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eeria
i downloaded the mod and played the game, but the thing is there is no shop for clothes option on the rack i try to click on it and nothing comes up. i checked the dresser and there a change outfit, but no plan outfit, so i assume something works. maybe its b/c i went to a consignment store?

I have this as well with the 'Plan Outfit' gone, but no new interactions on the clothesline...could this be an OLS thing?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 6:46 AM
If you don't see the new interactions in the clothing rack, it means your game isn't loading the mods correctly. Just read the help section for mods and make sure your system is set up correctly. I have everything until Generations and it's working just fine.
Instructor
#45 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
If you don't see the new interactions in the clothing rack, it means your game isn't loading the mods correctly. Just read the help section for mods and make sure your system is set up correctly. I have everything until Generations and it's working just fine.

All my other mods work, and I tried it with this un-merged, and it still didn't work. I just got Generations and downloaded the new version. Fingers crossed it will work this time.
Could it possibly conflict with Buzzlers Moar Interactions?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 1:32 AM
lorenrose1013: I don't think it should, but I don't use buzzler's mod so can't be 100% sure. If you suspect it, try without buzzler's mod and then you will be sure.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 10:08 PM
So I'm using this with Generations and downloaded the most up to date version. Shop for clothes shows up on the first screen listing game mods. In game however the option to shop for clothes does not show up and "plan outfit" is not available either when I click on a dresser. Just out of curiosity I took out Buzzler's mods because I have them also, it made no difference. I took out all of my mods so this was the only one in my folder, same thing =/

I also had my sim manually go to a styling station to see if that would work, it did not.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#48 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 6:39 AM
Shanna86: Can you do two tests for me? Have a lot with the clothing rack, so when you load the game, the lot is loaded, the other test is to buy the clothing rack in game.

This mod doesn't do any modifications to the styling station.

Also, when clicking on the clothing rack, do you see the original view interaction on it?

Currently I have no idea what would be causing you not to see the interaction. So far as long as the mod folders are set up right, and I've used the correct object, it has worked fine.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 1:26 PM
Thanks for the test ideas! If I built on a lot and added a clothing rack, nothing would happen. When I purchased one with my family in-game, they all started working just fine.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#50 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 9:38 AM
Have anyone tested this with the new patch (1.26)?
Page 2 of 4