Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Build your own cell

by Lisen801 Posted 24th Sep 2010 at 1:17 PM - Updated 29th May 2012 at 10:18 AM by Lisen801

123 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 85 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 3:24 AM
Simply Wonderful.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 4:04 AM
So like if I want to make a prison at home. How do I feed the prisoners without letting them out? Is there a window where you can put the food in?
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 6:05 AM
Perfect for my battle scene I added to Barnacle Bay.

--
Eduardog3000
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 8:45 AM Last edited by PercyJacksonFan1 : 25th Sep 2010 at 9:02 AM.
This is goin to be LOTS of fun... :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 8:55 AM
Love Love LOVE!!>o< Thank You!!!!!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#31 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 9:40 AM
Hmm, looks nice, but why didn't you used fences? This way, you would have no problems with shadows like on the second screenshot, you don't need to build walls, and you don't have holes in them.

Or are fence gates not lockable?
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 10:17 AM Last edited by Lisen801 : 25th Sep 2010 at 11:05 AM.
Thank you all.

jonha...

Hmm... you are right, but the main reason for me not using a fence is that I can't clone gates. I don't know why buy the gates don't show up in the game.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 1:04 PM
hi, would you be willing to listen to comments? i hope you dont take offense to this because i know you worked hard for this and someone just to comment like that. the jail corner piece is priced $1650, there are still also small holes.

Instructor
Original Poster
#34 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 1:36 PM
jeannie4414...

Thanks so much for pointing out the error. Apparently so compressed I the wrong file when I did the zip file. I changed it now and have uploaded a new file. Strange that nobody else noticed it and pointed it out ..
So I checked the piece covering the hole in the wall. There is a small gap left but I'm afraid it can not be changed. The corner piece is a bit smaller than the thickness of the wall for failing to appear on the other side wall, which would not be so neat.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 3:24 PM
awesome! time to make the salem witch trials! bwahahaha
Test Subject
#36 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jeannie4414
So like if I want to make a prison at home. How do I feed the prisoners without letting them out? Is there a window where you can put the food in?

Hmmm... im not the creator or anything but if you have wa i think you can lock the door so that your active sim (not the prisoner, the person you want to bring the food to the sim) can lock the door so that only that sim can enter/leave the door. hope i helped! if not then i have no clue what to do... good luck!

"I may not look like much, but I'm a pro at pretending to be a ninja"
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#37 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 4:27 PM
Hi Lisen, I downloaded the set and found a couple of small issues: In the presets of the large bunk the old images are still on the presets:

and the specular is still set to the old I think:

This shine shows on all presets

I noticed the issue with the corner piece but I see that is being updated.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#38 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 4:58 PM
I absolutely LOVED this in TS2. Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 5:05 PM
This is pretty awesome!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 5:17 PM
This is really cool! Thank you.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#41 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 5:24 PM
Fantastic!!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#42 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 5:51 PM
I have checked the files in the uploaded zip file. Apparently I took the wrong files when I zipped the first time. So is there are so many resources that must be addressed when compiling this kind of kit. I'm sorry for my carelessness. Please download again if you are irritated by the errors.
Test Subject
#43 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 6:19 PM
Oh wow! I've been keeping my eye out for something like this for my scientist sim.
I have one small question, if I place a sim inside this cell can another sim speak to them through the bars?

I ask because my sim created a simbot with the evil and insane characteristics. He doesn't have the heart to scrap the bot, but he can't let it roam free so he keeps it in a large cell in his lab. I've always imagined the simbot taunting it's creator whenever he's down there.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#44 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 6:31 PM
You were reading my mind, naughty simmer! That's an invasion of privacy! Thanks so much for this--I'll be using it right away!
Instructor
Original Poster
#45 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 6:33 PM
Kolobus - the bars are actually a wall so no, you can't speak to a sim inside.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Renemsee
Hmmm... im not the creator or anything but if you have wa i think you can lock the door so that your active sim (not the prisoner, the person you want to bring the food to the sim) can lock the door so that only that sim can enter/leave the door. hope i helped! if not then i have no clue what to do... good luck!

So how do you tell a sim to put a plate inside the cell? .. oh wait, you can just drag a plate by yourself, but it would be nice though if my sim would go serve food to the prisoners.

Quote: Originally posted by Lisen801

I thought its a window?
Test Subject
#47 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lisen801

Oh well, thanks for replying Lisen. I kind of figured this would be the case but I thought I should at least ask. Not that it's going to stop me from downloading this or anything!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 12:21 PM
I made a few... rooms.... in my sims basement, put a chess board in one, invited a "friend" over, and made them play chess in the jailcell. Then I locked the door so only the my sim can do through the door. But apparently visitors can't sleep. Most the time they are protesting the dumb door. Won't even eat the food i gave them. one of my prisoners starved. any mods to help this? quiet them down a bit?
Test Subject
#49 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 3:21 PM
Hello. Can you make a nornal two-tile bed? Thank you.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator THANKS POST
#50 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 3:21 AM
Ooooh, this is great! Now I can build a complex appropriately for my Sims! Thanks for the fantastic looking items to build with.
Page 2 of 5