Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#12976 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
Could animation/movement be BORROWED/COPIED from some other existing animations?

Which would you copy that is suitable for volleyball?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#12977 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 8:38 AM
WATER BALOONS throwing game + BASKETBALL animation.
Mad Poster
#12978 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 9:43 AM
^ Maybe, but combining the two wouldn't be a smooth transition. They're both dependent on accessory objects which can cause some issues with sims' hands if not properly handled (not entirely sure if you can put a new item into there). The water balloon game is an "anywhere, anytime" type of game that involves sims being able to run all over the lot, while the basketball game is tied to an object, so that could probably also complicate matters.

Playing together would probably also be a challenge with the basketball interactions thrown into the mix, since it's a one-person game, and the water balloon fight is a group activity.

Animations ingame are parted into small chunks of loops, so you could pick-and-choose the ones that kinda work, and knit it all together. Not saying it's an easy job, just that it is probably possible but requires time and effort (like most Frankensteining-type mod or modded objects).

Just some thoughts on it, but this is in no way my kind of project so it's possible there would be other ways to solve it.

If you instead made a default volleyball replacement for the water balloon, didn't care too much about the splash effect, then fenced off an area sims could play in, with a deco volleyball net, you'd likely get something that looked like a rudimentary, kind-of working volleyball game. Somewhat wrong animations, but if you just want our sims to have some fun, it would do the trick.
Mad Poster
#12979 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 1:05 PM
I'd love to see not only volleyball, but tennis as well, and baseball!
I know the animations to sync in would be hugely difficult, but EA (IMHO) brought us up to the line with what they did give us and left us at the precipice wanting more.

It's not like they have not been in business for 40 years or more, right and have Madden games with all kinds of animation....

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#12980 Old 28th Dec 2022 at 7:38 AM
I know nothing about animation, but I recall at the time TS2 was released enjoying a game called Dead or Alive Volleyball. It's possible to copy objects from game to game - that's how there is 3to2 or 4to2 furniture and deco, and I've seen imported objects from Silent Hill too. Would that also be possible for animations?

My thought today: In real life, some glasses lenses change the appearance of people's eyes, making them look larger or smaller. It would be cool if we could have the same effect in TS2!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#12981 Old 28th Dec 2022 at 9:34 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 28th Dec 2022 at 7:41 PM.
I'm not sure if you can import animations from other games. Would likely depend on how similar the skeletons are between the games. The more different the skeletons are (height/pose/shape), the worse the result will be, and the animation + skeleton also needs to be extractable + usable in either Blender or Milkshape or both.

TS3 and TS4 animations can be used, but it's not the easiest (maybe especially since TS2 and TS3/TS4 skeletons are a bit different and don't have the same number bones, so some things need to be changed before you can use the animation in a TS2 game. There is a tutorial somewhere on how to convert the animations). I don't think I've seen it used for other things than poseboxes, though.

You can't import an object with the animations intact - animations and objects are separate entities that need to be converted separately and then brought together, and after that it will need to be put together with BHAVs to work as intended, in addition to a lot of other bits and pieces in SimPE.

---

Just a funny thing, but if you are near-sighted and use glasses for that, the glasses would make your eyes look smaller, while if you're far-sighted, glasses would make your eyes look bigger. The "thick lenses + huge eyes = near-sighted" trope in movies is over-used and often also wrong, especially with the "bug-eyed nerds" who always seem to lose their glasses in movies, unless their sight is so bad they really can't see anything at all - that is, unless they're farsighted enough to have troubles on at least a few meters and not just with reading (and modern glasses extremely rarely come as "cola-bottom thickness" these days, anyway - those are the ones that most often contribute to the "bug-eyed" look)

(Always kinda bugged me that one, because I'm near-sighted enough to lose my glasses on a fairly short distance. My eyes always appear a tiny bit smaller when my glasses are on, but not to the extreme).
Mad Poster
#12982 Old 28th Dec 2022 at 5:51 PM
Having just come in from shoveling out my back patio from at least 8 inches of snow IRL, I wish there was a way to direct Sims to shovel off floor tiles outside, rather than it just being dependent on whether there's a roof overhead or not.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#12983 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 4:09 AM
A hack so visiting sims go home when one or more of their motives hits -20 instead of -80. I'd like my visitors to leave sooner on their own. Yes, I know I can "Say Goodbye" but all the same, I'd like a higher threshold for visitor motives so they don't stay as long.
Forum Resident
#12984 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 7:52 AM
I'd like to see more custom wands to go with Lazy Duchess' wands and brooms mod. Specifically a paint brush and a recreation of the wand from The Sims 1 Makin' Magic
Field Researcher
#12985 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 11:26 AM
I am pretty sure you can fins CUSTOM WANDS here, made by ECHO. Its part of HARRY POTTER/HOGWARTS collection
Mad Poster
#12986 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 11:34 AM Last edited by Charity : 29th Dec 2022 at 11:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by parrot999
I'd like to see more custom wands to go with Lazy Duchess' wands and brooms mod. Specifically a paint brush and a recreation of the wand from The Sims 1 Makin' Magic

Have you got a link?

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I'm not sure if you can import animations from other games. Would likely depend on how similar the skeletons are between the games. The more different the skeletons are (height/pose/shape), the worse the result will be, and the animation + skeleton also needs to be extractable + usable in either Blender or Milkshape or both.

TS3 and TS4 animations can be used, but it's not the easiest (maybe especially since TS2 and TS3/TS4 skeletons are a bit different and don't have the same number bones, so some things need to be changed before you can use the animation in a TS2 game. There is a tutorial somewhere on how to convert the animations). I don't think I've seen it used for other things than poseboxes, though.

Do you have a link to the tutorial? I'd love to get the table tennis table from Sims 3 for Sims 2.
Field Researcher
#12987 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 2:08 PM
Charity...can you take a look for volleyball as well (if sims 3 have it)?
Mad Poster
#12988 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
Charity...can you take a look for volleyball as well (if sims 3 have it)?

Sims 1. If it's possible to extract animations from Sims 1 as well that would be great. But ... I really would have thought that someone would have done it by now if it was.
Mad Poster
#12989 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 3:52 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 29th Dec 2022 at 4:04 PM.
^ I doubt that's possible since the sims from TS2 to TS2/3/4 are very different and use different formats. The skeletons are likely very simplified.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Do you have a link to the tutorial?

https://mortia.livejournal.com/12354.html 4t2
https://mortia.livejournal.com/12563.html 3+medieval to 2
https://justmiha97.tumblr.com/post/...mation-template (Blender templates)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvrX5g55k-4 (blender posing tutorial)
Mad Poster
#12990 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 3:58 PM
Thanks!

Oh, now I think of it, is it possible to convert stuff from the PS game? I still want the cat climbing tree.
Mad Poster
#12991 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 4:14 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 29th Dec 2022 at 4:46 PM.
Not sure about the PS2 game if that's what you mean. I think I've seen a few items but not sure if those were direct conversions from the game or remade.

Stories games are likely the easiest, since it's TS2 to TS2 and the files can be opened with SimPE. The whole pet agility set was converted with working animations (but not sure if the game can see the items as a full set, to the point where the pet goes from one item to the next), and the trees from Castaway over at MATY have animations, too (climbing for coconuts or bananas).
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#12992 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 6:02 PM
Thanks!

Oh, now I think of it, is it possible to convert stuff from the PS game? I still want the cat climbing tree.

MadRayne on tumblr does convert from consoles to TS2. Sounds like it's a whole process though. Is that climbing tree different than the Pet Stories conversions?
Mad Poster
#12993 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Having just come in from shoveling out my back patio from at least 8 inches of snow IRL, I wish there was a way to direct Sims to shovel off floor tiles outside, rather than it just being dependent on whether there's a roof overhead or not.

And if they don't shovel (looks sternly at teenagers) they should fall on their butts and (looks sternly at husband) the cars should slide into each other and shouldn't be able to get out of the driveway. But we can skip the elders (looks sternly at mother) breaking their bones when they fall on ice while hiking, yes? (It's been quite the winter here, in fact. I'm almost afraid to go outside at this point!)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#12994 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 5:50 PM
Have you got a link?

Sorry, I wrote Lazyduchess, I meant MidgeTheTree. It's called Pick Your Wand/Broom:
https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...-your-wandbroom

And they have a tutorial for making non-default wands and brooms for their mod here:
https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...tch-broomswands
Field Researcher
#12995 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 8:15 PM
Does anyone know if there is a mod that stops firefighters from showing up automatically on apartments???
Mad Poster
#12996 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 10:42 PM
Not that I know of, but maybe this? https://modthesims.info/d/606911/no...er-amp-cop.html

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#12997 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 5:15 AM Last edited by grinevilly : 31st Dec 2022 at 5:32 AM.
Sims 1. If it's possible to extract animations from Sims 1 as well that would be great. But ... I really would have thought that someone would have done it by now if it was.

TS1 was a 2D game. Animations wouldn't work with TS2 at all, as it's a 3D environment. There's a few custom animations out there for TS2, so it is possible. I've also heard it told that making/converting anims in Blender is less of a challenge than once thought, provided you have "a decent rig" (whatever that means... the person who said it is not a friend, and kind of a 'gate-keeper,' when it comes to sharing knowledge). I've seen some of the animation conversion videos that person was working on. So there's that... And I found a website on TS2 custom anims many years ago. I've had it stored... it was waaay beyond my capacity! But i'd be happy to provide the link to the website, in case anybody here would like to take a crack at it. the way i look at it, if it succeeds, YAY! More stuff for my game!! Anyway, here's the site link: https://clarkcorrina.wixsite.com/sims2

Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
Sadly I don't believe you can start a home business when renting an apartment. You can use Mog's mod (Shop Where You Live?) to have an apartment(s) above and business(es) below, but the renter(s) wouldn't own it. The mod doesn't quite work for what I want, because you can't send sims to visit it (same issue with sim-owned home businesses).

Ah, I should've figured as much... I was hoping that maybe by leaving an "open air entrance" with no door, a sim would be able to walk into another "apartment"... I know they have to be closed off, but that's why I was thinking that the fencing for the carpet molding would possibly work. It counts as a fence /wall, but sims can step over it. My thinking was that the game would see that as a closed-off section, due to the nature of the building material (read: fence) and count that as an apartment, while your sim could simply walk over the threshold and enter the property. Alas! they failed us! Sad, too... because Sim State University has a run of shops set up along those lines... It would've been perfect for OFB to take note of things like that and make it function within that particular game. But they didn't like to make their EPs overlap.

Between some oversights in OFB and Seasons -- the team sports... tennis would be awesome! Swimming/Diving... Hockey!! (Sim City Flamingos NEVER Die!) And i'd still love a pastry shop /cafe, where sims could order take out OR dine in, cafeteria style -- same thing could be used for a pizzeria... there's a few things that could use some touch-ups, that are likely far beyond the capabilities of your everyday modder. Thankfully, we have this thread for dreaming!

[Edited to add]: pillow fights should be joinable by more than 2 sims!

Going back to TS1 for a second... I'd LOVE to extract the campfire songs from TS1 and recreate the campfire sing-alongs (and ghost stories!) for TS2. A ghost haunting the campfire shouldn't be hard... the game has ghosts and object possessions, and even hauntings tied to specific objects -- Captain Dregg's Pirate Ship. It also has guitar playing anims, though you'd have to change them to a seated position. Less difficult than animating volleyball, but that's not to say it'd be easy!

-gE
>=)
Alchemist
#12998 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 8:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
I'd love to see some kind of "paycheck" that your sims could fill out. It could be an object that you could give a specific value to, and you could sell it for that amount. I'd like to use something like this for my sims to pay other sims for goods or services. I currently use the hacked computer to transfer money but if there was another option I'd like to try it out.

I am currently making one of my richest sims purchase a big store where a lot of craftable objects are sold, but this sim is going to buy the products from other sims in the town, since crafting and producing everything is a lot of work. This sim is going to pay the other sims for their products and then they're going to resell them in the store. I was thinking about how I'd do long sessions in the hacked computer to pay everyone, and it got me thinking about alternatives.

@LauraPamplonaS Simwardrobe's checkbook and Christianlov's wallet are oldies/goodies, but now there's also Honeywell's Money Jar & Cash Money, if you need to pay sims in exact amounts. There's an option to pay sims on the jar. And you might want to consider Midgethetree's Sell From Inventory, too, so that your artisans and craftsmen can sell directly to your store owner, and even charge a mark up.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#12999 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 9:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
MadRayne on tumblr does convert from consoles to TS2. Sounds like it's a whole process though. Is that climbing tree different than the Pet Stories conversions?

Yeah, it's a tree that cats can climb. That link could be useful though, thanks.
Field Researcher
#13000 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@LauraPamplonaS Simwardrobe's checkbook and Christianlov's wallet are oldies/goodies, but now there's also Honeywell's Money Jar & Cash Money, if you need to pay sims in exact amounts. There's an option to pay sims on the jar. And you might want to consider Midgethetree's Sell From Inventory, too, so that your artisans and craftsmen can sell directly to your store owner, and even charge a mark up.

@Phantomknight OMG Thank you!! That's very helpful. I'll try these out

Thanks!!!!
Page 520 of 580