Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Real Body Overlays - Tattoos Updated 12/10/2008

by Morague Posted 13th Jul 2007 at 11:22 PM - Updated 30th Apr 2009 at 12:37 AM by Morague

174 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 167 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 1:33 AM
Thanks I've been looking for this for a long time now!!

---------------------------------
Playing The Sims 3 - Sims 3 Snapshots & Stories
Field Researcher
#127 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 3:52 PM
Anyone considered making these as non-seasons? +)
Space Pony
Original Poster
#128 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 11:29 AM
Sillyoraya,

It simply is not possible to make them work prior to Seasons because they code that makes them work only came with the Seasons expansion pack.
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 2:05 AM
Brilliant! I deffinitely needed this because I am probably one of the few people that dont like to create new sims. I play every family in my neighborhood and age them all together, and because they all have the same skintone nobody ever gets to have any tattoos. Now they can! thank you
Test Subject
#130 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morague
Sillyoraya,

It simply is not possible to make them work prior to Seasons because they code that makes them work only came with the Seasons expansion pack.

yep its really a shame to because this is exactly what i would like to do with another tattoo to do (its that naruto stomach seal thing ) but i need to buy seasons first or download it but i'm against doing that with games i don't already own
Test Subject
#131 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 1:45 AM
Would it be possible to post the original .PDS for the tattoos? I've got an assignment due for English and I think these would be perfect for Jace Wayland's (from City of Bones) marks. If nessicary, I could always just photoshop them from the pictures, but I think it would be a lot easier if you or someone else could help me out (hopefully before Friday?). Thanks!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#132 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 5:27 AM
Hello everyone,

I have updated the zipped file with a new version. I believe i have fixed the issue with the tattoos disappearing when the sims leave the lot & come back - but - I need feedback. It works fine for me now, so, let me know if it does not work for you.

Once I get some feedback & provided it also works for others I will redo the tutorial & explain what needs to be done for existing tattoo packages.
Sockpuppet
#133 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 11:45 PM
I hope to find a "stable" way since special outfit seems to be a critical data !

About the old mod:
Because new installed pack loads the game without CC, all the used tattoo becomes broken GUIDs even if I reload my game with CC, tattoo becomes temporary data, each time I load my game I lose the applied tattoos.

Like Pescado said :
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
It works fine for me, and I've been using this since the idea was first batted around. However, some of the old directions are flawed and create an effect that doesn't stick. Also, removing the files from your game without first de-overlaying the affected sims can crash.

So I will try your updated mod with my tattoo chair project later.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#134 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 5:56 AM
Hello Kabuto,

Give the new packages a try & let me know. This is working for me. I installed M&G after I redid the packages & the tattoos were still there - however, I did not move my Downloads folder when I installed M&G. That might cause a problem - I don't know. Anyway let me know what results you get.
Sockpuppet
#135 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 9:03 PM Last edited by Kabuto : 23rd Dec 2008 at 9:10 PM.
Hi,

In a normal usage, the new mod works well. Currently I'm not able to test when a new EP is installed because all of them are already installed.

So I keep doing my project with this new mod, I'll tell you if there is something wrong.
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 6:44 PM
Wow.
I knew this tattoo's looked familiar.
Oh and;
THANKS I LOVE YOU SO MUCH LIKE OMFG!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 4:28 PM
I ADORE these overlays. This is so brilliant, and your work is very appreciated! ^__^
BUT--I do have a slight issue (which I've already seen mentioned here, but I'm still having trouble with).

Whenever I exit my game completely and then start it up again, the tattoo overlays that I had put on my sims are gone. D:

I did export the textures and edited a couple of them before importing them back over yours (without changing the filename or anything). They worked great, but disappear upon exiting the game. I have the Nightlife, OFB, Seasons, and BV expansions.

*I DID re-download and replace all 3 of your files with the new ones, and yet I still have the same problem. I noticed that these 3 new files are dated at being last modified in 2007...am I missing something? o__O

Ms. Morague...please help me out? ;^;

)+>
Smile, because you're better than you think. ;)
Space Pony
Original Poster
#138 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 12:39 AM
Odekai,

I have reloaded the zipped file today. I think what happened was that the old file got restored when that crash thing happened. Try downloading this one but let me know if it still does not work.
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 2nd May 2009 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morague
Odekai,

I have reloaded the zipped file today. I think what happened was that the old file got restored when that crash thing happened. Try downloading this one but let me know if it still does not work.

Thank you so much! It was really nice of you to respond so fast and fix that right up!! =D

I replaced the old ones with the new files you just put up and the tattoos are staying on permanently now, no matter how many times I quit and start up the game again!! C:

I'll let you know if anything else happens, but it looks perfect now. I really can't thank you enough! =)

)+>
Smile, because you're better than you think. ;)
Test Subject
#140 Old 11th May 2009 at 5:29 PM
i was wondering if you were going to update your body hair to be permanent like your tattoos. i did ask there but you haven't logged in for several months. i love that these tats stick now, florence delarosa never looked better. thank you.

i'm a pepper
Test Subject
#141 Old 23rd May 2009 at 5:52 PM
Thank you thank you thank you. I was worried that there was only face tattoos available on MTS2, but then HystericalParadoxsm directed me here.
Test Subject
#142 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 2:00 AM
I was playing TS2 Pets (gamecube) with my friend and was disappointed to find that everything was different in the PC game.
Now that you posted this, it seems better! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#143 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 4:13 AM
its not showing up in game...none of the other ones are eather. I have sasons , can somone help?
#144 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 7:44 PM
How easy would it be to add new tattoos?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Sockpuppet
#145 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 1:41 PM
Just see the tutorial
Field Researcher
#146 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 1:13 AM Last edited by Zirconia Wolf : 10th Aug 2009 at 1:14 AM. Reason: spelling
Just checked the tutorial & the "born on" date is July 14th 2007, which pre-dates the fixed version (December 2008) of this mod.

So, is there any tutorial yet for how to make tattoos that actually stick when you exit a lot?

(Can't help but notice the the body parts mod was never updated & am concerned that there is no support left for either of these wonderful mods!)

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Sockpuppet
#147 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 11:15 AM
the tutorial is good but the group ID in the skin package is no longer a local scope ID (0xffffffff).

It requires you generate your own group ID instead of it.
Field Researcher
#148 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 6:33 PM
Ah, okay.

Sounds easy enough!

Sockpuppet
#149 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 9:35 AM
Don't forget to fix the links in the 3IDR files.
Field Researcher
#150 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 11:48 PM Last edited by Zirconia Wolf : 12th Aug 2009 at 12:30 AM.
I'll try to remember!

*scribbles not to self*

So using a "fixed" (self-generated) group ID, one could also fix the various overlays by Spacedoll so that they too will stick when exiting/entering a lot, correct?

Page 6 of 7