Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 8:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default TSRW Object don't show up in milkshape 3D...
Hi guys!

I'm gonna convert clothes from Sims 4 to Sims 2

I have installed TSR Workshop plugins but
TSRW Object export don't always show up in milkshape 3D...

Today I put TSR Workshop plugins to Program files/Milkshape folder but TSRW Object export is still not showing up.
I have latest version of TSR Workshop plugins.

What should I do?

I need a help
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 9:29 PM
*Sorry for double post*

Does it another tutorials like not use TSR workshop plugin, Just use Blender & Milkshape 3D etc?

I saw one video 'gamerhacking's video' about convert hair from sims 4 to sims 2 that she don't use TSR workshop plugin
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 10:16 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd Dec 2022 at 10:44 PM.
I think most tutorials use Blender and Sims4Studio for extracting meshes.
TSRW can be a bit unstable, and doesn't seem to work as well with TS4.

The pros with Blender is that you can fix arm position before you export for later use in Milkshape, and also fix the UVs much easier. Cons is that you'll have to fix the normals, because Blender screws up those, making a lot of lines in the seams (Milkshape doesn't do this). Blender does have a neat tool for fixing them, though - and doesn't muck up the UV seams in the process.

https://sims4studio.com/board/6/dow...io-open-version
(The new version works with Blender 3.0+ versions, which supposedly are a bit easier to work with than the 2.7+ versions)

If you export as OBJ you need to import as OBJ in Milkshape. It's called "Wavefront OBJ"
(you won't get joints with OBJ)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Dec 2022 at 5:57 PM
Thanks for telling me!