Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 13-NOV-2015) Seasons & Barista Bar Beverages on the Coffee Machine

by icarus_allsorts Posted 16th Apr 2014 at 9:30 AM - Updated 12th Nov 2015 at 7:30 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

123 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 70 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 10:35 AM Last edited by icarus_allsorts : 20th Apr 2014 at 3:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
That is so strange about the Hypo conflict, I really can't imagine the connection between the two mods.

Both mods are still usable together, just that to get the interactions to appear on newly bought coffee machines, you have to save and reload the game after placing the machine on a lot, which is slightly tedious but is the simplest method since the interactions will still be applied to all machines in the world at load up.

(EDIT: Okay, I've uploaded a new version with a workaround for the issue, give it a try together with the Hypochondriac mod)

Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
How did you fix it that they will use multiple ingredients for the group servings? Is that in your script or did you use game resources for that?

Background to my question is that I would like to change that for the regular food recipies, so that they will use more ingredients if served as a group meal.

Are you perhaps talking about my other mod, the Cook With Any Ingredients one? I didn't change the number of ingredients needed for single vs group meals in that one, if the recipe only requires one ingredient then it will still only ask for the one ingredient regardless of whether your cooking a single or group meal. That mod does let you choose up to 3 ingredients if that bothers you, but that is the limit.
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 10:07 PM
In the mod's description it says "you will need one ingredient per cup (or pay for each cup you don't choose an ingredient for)". That led me to think that a single cup would take one, and a group serving x-times the ingredient. But I may have misunderstood that. It bothers me that a group serving takes for regular recipies the same amount of ingredients (say one fish and one tomato in total) as does a single serving. That was why I asked. Thanks anyway, it is a great mod which will be used heavily
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
In the mod's description it says "you will need one ingredient per cup (or pay for each cup you don't choose an ingredient for)". That led me to think that a single cup would take one, and a group serving x-times the ingredient. But I may have misunderstood that. It bothers me that a group serving takes for regular recipies the same amount of ingredients (say one fish and one tomato in total) as does a single serving.

Oh, totally forgot about that, sorry I had it in my head that you were asking about my other mod. You are right about THIS mod though, the ingredients needed are by cup. It was one of the things I wasn't sure I wanted to do with this mod since like you pointed out regular cooking takes up the same amount of ingredients for both single and group servings so it might've been easier to just keep in line with that. But with drinks you only need one ingredient per cup so it seemed sensible enough to be able to use an ingredient per cup, and implementing this wasn't as complicated as say if I attempted to do it for cooking where you had 3 times the variables.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 4:05 PM
How do u download ?! ( btw new to this thing )
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#55 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 7:15 PM
I didnt get on bc of easter was not goin to be a computer head on the holiday but to my surprise u did it tytyty loading my sims now to test but i just love the extra work on my sims
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amywoo2002
How do u download ?! ( btw new to this thing )

Click on the "Files" tab and download the file from there, read this page if you're new to mods in general http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...3%20CC%20Basics

Quote: Originally posted by lataya25
I didnt get on bc of easter was not goin to be a computer head on the holiday but to my surprise u did it tytyty loading my sims now to test but i just love the extra work on my sims

Hope it works like you expected
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 7:35 PM
Thank you!!
Test Subject
#58 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 4:27 PM
First: thanks for this mod! I'm having an issue with sims not being able to interact with trayfulls of the UL drinks. They can create both individual drinks and multiple ones on a tray, and when making an individual drink they will drink it straight away as usual. When creating more than one I can't click on/drag the drinks in live mode (can move the tray though), and in buy mode I cannot place the drinks on a table. The seasons drinks work fine, moodlets and everything. I'm patched to 1.63, but it seems there are others also on patch 1.63 who've had it working? I have a bunch of Nraas mods, ani's Have Coffee With Me, your Bring Food and Drink and a small assortment of completely unrelated mods, none of the ones that have been mentioned as possible conflicts (I'd have to switch on my sims PC to name them all). I haven't yet tried taking ani's mod out to see if it might still conflict, just wondered if anyone else was having this issue?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShadowCatLikesCake
When creating more than one I can't click on/drag the drinks in live mode (can move the tray though), and in buy mode I cannot place the drinks on a table.

The barista drinks cannot be hand dragged in live mode or moved in build/buy mode without the moveobjects on cheat, that is their default behavior and I didn't change that. Are you sure that no interactions at all appear when you click on the cups on the tray? How about when you click on the tray?
Test Subject
#60 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 8:55 PM Last edited by ShadowCatLikesCake : 25th Apr 2014 at 9:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
The barista drinks cannot be hand dragged in live mode or moved in build/buy mode without the moveobjects on cheat, that is their default behavior and I didn't change that. Are you sure that no interactions at all appear when you click on the cups on the tray? How about when you click on the tray?

Thanks for the reply! Should you be able to drag them WITH moveobjects on though? Because I have it on at all times. (Not a problem anyway if you can't, I just thought that might be another symptom of not having interactions). I forgot to say that actually the "Bring drink to.." interaction from your other mod DOES work on the UL trays (but not on a tray of regular hot drinks), the sims just cannot drink the cups themselves, no interaction for that shows up. I've tried creating 2, 3 and four drinks, and neither clicking on the tray, on the cups (each one separately) does anything. I hope that makes sense, in effect:

Sims CAN:

- create single drinks of all kinds and drink them straight away
- create multiple drinks of all kinds
- drink seasons drinks and regular hot beverages off a tray

Cannot:

- drink UL drinks off a tray
- bring regular hot beverages to other sims

I'm about to see if taking ani's mod out will have any effect, since that is the only food/drink/coffee machine related mod that I have. Will report back shortly!

Edit: Yep. Removing ani's Have Coffee With Me fixed it. Everything works exactly as it should now, including sims being able to bring regular hot beverages to each other and drinking UL drinks. I'm ok going without ani's mod at least for now, but thought you might want to know they're still conflicting (I redownloaded both just last night to tripple ensure that I have the latest versions)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 9:42 AM Last edited by icarus_allsorts : 26th Apr 2014 at 10:20 AM.
Should you be able to drag them WITH moveobjects on though?

I don't think so, I meant in Build/Buy mode.

Edit: Yep. Removing ani's Have Coffee With Me fixed it.

Ah I see now, ani_'s mod makes default Drink interaction on coffee cups and barista bar cups non-user directed, and adds a custom Drink interaction to coffee cups but not the barista bar ones (since EA only meant for them to be drank immediately after being made, not served). Didn't notice this before, thanks for the info.

To use both mods together and still have the dirnk interactions on the barista bar cups, you can use NRaas Retuner it to make the original Drink interaction user directed enabled again (NRaas > Retuner > Settings > General > By Object > HotBeverageMachine+Cup > Drink and Change Allow User Directed to True). Note that doing so will also cause the interaction to reappear on regular coffee cups alongside ani's custom ones. Well, that doesn't work either. Let me see if I can think of anyway around this one.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 3rd May 2014 at 3:00 AM
Awesome!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#63 Old 3rd May 2014 at 5:37 AM
I've been wanting this for AGES. You are the best!! :) So Awesome. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 4th May 2014 at 10:31 PM
For the Christmas tree does it show up when it's winter or something or do you have to download it? I have seasons by the way, but i've never gone that far in a family.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 5th May 2014 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FairyGodMother
For the Christmas tree does it show up when it's winter or something or do you have to download it?.

It's a free item from the Store http://store.thesims3.com/setsProdu...ategoryId=12238
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#66 Old 9th May 2014 at 6:45 PM
Mmmmm ty so very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 18th May 2014 at 9:28 AM
Thank you so much, this mod definitely makes their lives a bit cozier works smoothly with 1.63, my only uhmm not even a complaint but more like a simple observation: my guys seem to become addicted to those newly added drinks, especially eggnog and hot cider for some reason. Playing with the different households, I've noticed that they all come back to the coffee machine for another dose every 2-3 hours. That's not too much of a problem for me though, I drink coffee all day long too
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 21st May 2014 at 7:07 AM
Oh my gosh this is the best! I was just thinking about wanting this the other day and sure enough I come to Modthesims and it's on here! It's one of those things that doesn't need to be in the game, but just gives it that little extra something special. You made my day!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 23rd May 2014 at 10:59 AM
when i want to make a group serving i still have to pay for my drinks while i have the ingredients .... am i doing something wrong
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#70 Old 23rd May 2014 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by prutteltje87
when i want to make a group serving i still have to pay for my drinks while i have the ingredients .... am i doing something wrong

DId you choose enough ingredients? You need one ingredient per cup, so if say you served 3 cups but only chose 2 ingredients you'll still be charged for the 3rd cup.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#71 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 11:29 AM
Once again, you ROCK!! Why EA didn't make this an option to begin with, I don't know. THANK YOU!!!
Instructor
#72 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 6:21 AM
Just wondering, are Sims supposed to get any buffs from drinking herbal teas? I just notice that they don't receive any when drinking tea made with the drink machine.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#73 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Le Carrera
Just wondering, are Sims supposed to get any buffs from drinking herbal teas? I just notice that they don't receive any when drinking tea made with the drink machine.

Are you sure? They still do get the appropriate herb moodlet in mine.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 3:46 PM
nice ! thanks !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 10:23 PM
I have been using many of your wonderful mods, Thank You!
Page 3 of 5