Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#126 Old 31st Dec 2023 at 2:30 AM
There should be a policy here about not spreading misinformation, given how common it is in this fandom and the fact that it causes people to do things like delete their perfectly fine saves for no reason.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#127 Old 31st Dec 2023 at 10:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Macrotastics does not add teleportation to the game, or modify how it works in any way. It is already in the game regardless of whether or not you have macrotastics installed. There is also NO PROOF WHATSOEVER that teleportation has anything at all to do with sims being able to walk on slopes or not. You can tell that macrotastics does not modify any EA code because it contains no overrides whatsoever.

PLEASE STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION ESPECIALLY IF YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HOW MODS WORK

It's hilarious to me that in the other thread you're cheerfully and happily explaining that you have no idea how mods work even after people have tried to explain in great detail, but in this thread you are suddenly an expert on macrotastics.

I've made mods of my own. I never said that I had no idea how they work.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#128 Old 31st Dec 2023 at 10:40 AM
There should be a policy here about not spreading misinformation, given how common it is in this fandom and the fact that it causes people to do things like delete their perfectly fine saves for no reason.

Just click the disagree button, it will be fine!
Mad Poster
#129 Old 31st Dec 2023 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I've made mods of my own. I never said that I had no idea how they work.

LITERALLY you JUST NOW in the other thread after someone attempted to give you a very dumbed down explanation of how mods work:

Quote:
Nope. I still don't understand it. I'll just stick to downloading simple mods that my brain can handle. XD

Okay, now I'm second guessing myself.

If I have extendedfamilypartial and found familyglobal+extendedfamilypartial, in that order, is that all I need (plus foundfamilysocialplugin, but I didn't think that was a conflict)?

https://modthesims.info/showthread....671#post5928671

I this some kind of weird gaslighting thing? At this point I feel you should be banned for trolling. You obviously don't know how macrotastics works at all, you just opened it and saw that there was a function with the word "teleport" in it and decided that meant a random thing you pulled out of nowhere.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#130 Old 31st Dec 2023 at 12:54 PM
LITERALLY you JUST NOW in the other thread after someone attempted to give you a very dumbed down explanation of how mods work:

https://modthesims.info/showthread....671#post5928671

I this some kind of weird gaslighting thing? At this point I feel you should be banned for trolling. You obviously don't know how macrotastics works at all, you just opened it and saw that there was a function with the word "teleport" in it and decided that meant a random thing you pulled out of nowhere.

I said in the other thread that I didn't understand specifically your explanation of what mod order there should be for your mods. That does not equal no understanding of mods.

Gummilutt also never said that macrotastics was the only thing that screwed up walking up slopes, she only said that it looked like teleporting over uneven ground was what looked like the cause. Because macrotastics uses teleporting it could incidentally cause the problem. That's just information. It's not trying to make people not use macrotastics.

I basically got tired of the arguing and opened up macrotastics in SimPE to see if it even used teleporting. Which it did. All that says is that a bug that is caused by teleporting can pop up when you use macrotastics.

But thanks for being a complete bitch about it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#131 Old 31st Dec 2023 at 12:54 PM
I this some kind of weird gaslighting thing? At this point I feel you should be banned for trolling.

Just click the disagree button, it will be fine!
Mad Poster
#132 Old 31st Dec 2023 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I said in the other thread that I didn't understand specifically your explanation of what mod order there should be for your mods. That does not equal no understanding of mods.

So you just decided to reply to a thread where I was specifically asking for replies from people who were not familiar with modding even though you think that doesn't apply to you? Again, you seem to be trolling here. Also, I don't know how you supposedly made mods if you don't understand how overrides work.

Quote:
Gummilutt also never said that macrotastics was the only thing that screwed up walking up slopes, she only said that it looked like teleporting over uneven ground was what looked like the cause. Because macrotastics uses teleporting it could incidentally cause the problem. That's just information. It's not trying to make people not use macrotastics.

That's not information, that's misinformation. There is NO PROOF WHATSOEVER that teleporting has anything to do with this issue at all, as I keep saying OVER AND OVER AGAIN and you keep ignoring it and sticking your fingers in your ears. And plenty of people in this thread have been saying that macrotastics directly causes the problem and that it was not in the game already, and you and gummilutt are helping to spread this misinformation by continuing to insist that macrotastics has anything to do with this at all.

Quote:
I basically got tired of the arguing and opened up macrotastics in SimPE to see if it even used teleporting. Which it did.

Literally no one in this thread has disagreed at all about whether macrotastics uses teleporting. This is like if there was a question about whether eating hot dogs causes cancer and you came in and announced "I've done a study showing that eating 30 hot dogs in a day causes weight gain, therefore hot dogs must cause cancer!"
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#133 Old 31st Dec 2023 at 1:25 PM
Ok, you're just trolling and I give up.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#134 Old 31st Dec 2023 at 4:50 PM
Enough! I'll ban the lot of you! It's fine to disagree but you are taking this way to far. I understand being passionate about a topic, but this has gone too far.
Forum Resident
#135 Old 31st Dec 2023 at 5:28 PM
There's also an Ignore option. If someone persistently gets your goat, you can put them on Ignore and never be bothered by them again unless it's important to know what they said about something (it usually isn't).
Page 6 of 6