Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#28251 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
How do I make my eye colors show up in the correct order in bodyshop? I'm making an eyeset and I want them to be color coordinated (blues, greens, browns, greys, etc) instead of being jumbled for lack of better words. I vaguely remember something about the sortindex in SimPE, but I'm not sure how to go about that.

SortIdx in the Binary resource. The higher number, the closer to the start (where you start clicking, VS the end where the defaults/EAxis options are) your items will be. The numbers use Hex (same number system as GUIDs use). I wrote a guide on how to count up in Hex if you need it, and there's also a file if you want to keep track of which you've used, in case you ever need that - https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=638392

Unlike GUIDs, you can reuse Sortidx numbers for different items. The only issue is that if you reuse them for the same age/gender/item, say two sets of different T-shirts for the same age/gender, those will usually get mixed up instead of sort themselves separately into two sets. If you use the same Sortidx number for a teen and adult shirt, that shouldn't be a problem.

When you make a new item in Bodyshop, it counts from the last Sortidx (from a regular CAS item) it finds in your game, and the next number is the one it adds to whatever you make. If you want to cut down on loading time by removing CC temporarily, but don't want to fix Sortidx numbers, make sure to keep the last item(s) you made with your full Downloads folder in, so Bodyshop knows where to count from. Saves you a lot of time. The next time, put in the files from the previous session, and so forth.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#28252 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 7:37 PM
I've read posts about duplicate sims (playable and not) being generated. But what causes it? In a new hood (a populated one I downloaded) I had a Sim call for a gardener...and got this (picture). OMG! and none of them actually gardened! Otherwise the lot had no problems.
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#28253 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 9:10 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Sep 2021 at 11:19 PM.
^ I think that's a NPC respawn issue where the game for some reason keeps making either new NPCs or clones of them.

I think the "Anti-Redundancy" one works to remove that behavior, along with "no_x_respawn" mods. I have these in my game and haven't had any duplicating sims.

These are useful:
antiredundancy, nodormieregen, nossrespawn, nostrayrespawn, notownieregen, no_ninja_respawn, no_pickpocket_respawn, no_tourguide_respawn.

I've had two (different) social workers show up at once - their cars ended up in the same place so they morphed into a four-armed creature with two skintones and two heads, but apart from that I don't think I've had any NPCs duplicating like this.
Mad Poster
#28254 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I've read posts about duplicate sims (playable and not) being generated. But what causes it? In a new hood (a populated one I downloaded) I had a Sim call for a gardener...and got this (picture). OMG! and none of them actually gardened! Otherwise the lot had no problems.

Oh, I've had that happen a couple of times. I think it's when the portal gets blocked by too many cars arriving at once, like the carpool or the nanny, so the game errors, you get a useless gardener spawn, and then it tries again. And again. And again. You have to go and dismiss them all one by one because otherwise they just mooch around your lot all day, not gardening.
Forum Resident
#28255 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 9:36 PM
I had the game making clones on community lots a few times and the results were hilarious. The sim was a romantic and she rolled a want to fall in love with herself, herself being the clone.
Mad Poster
#28256 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 9:53 PM
My favourite cloning event was when I had triple Bellas. That's how you do it, aliens!
Mad Poster
#28257 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
You have to go and dismiss them all one by one because otherwise they just mooch around your lot all day, not gardening.
Do you have to pay them all?

My best such event was when two copies of Berjes Wilsonoff's boyfriend Amar appeared in a shop at the same time. One of them kissed him, and the other one got mad at him for cheating. Poor Berjes looked confused!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#28258 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria

My best such event was when two copies of Berjes Wilsonoff's boyfriend Amar appeared in a shop at the same time. One of them kissed him, and the other one got mad at him for cheating. Poor Berjes looked confused!

===
to everyone: they weren't actually clones - different hair, etc. Since they all just sat around, I would not have paid them! Actually, I controlled a few to garden, and clean the house. Then I deleted them all.

Mad Poster
#28259 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria

I don't seem to recall needing to pay them, but to be honest, I don't really remember - it happened at the Goths and the Pleasants, who were both well off enough that I didn't notice any funds being deducted. But I suspect that as their gardener coding is messed up, they probably don't need paying.
Instructor
#28260 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 11:28 PM
I didn't feel like this was worthy of its own thread.
I feel like I might be being dumb but is all that black supposed to be there?

I don't remember it being there and idk if that's due to me just never having noticed it or if it's not supposed to be. Can I get rid of it?
Test Subject
#28261 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 12:14 AM
I know there are mods that allow children to be born and live in University but what about children or teens that are siblings to young adults? I have a storyline idea where the parents die and the older sibling takes their kid siblings with him. So far the only way I think it will work is if is use this mod https://modthesims.info/d/600518 and the young adult "adopts" the younger siblings and then use the Sim Blender to change their relationship. But I'm worried it won't work when it comes time to move back to the main neighborhood since they are siblings and not the children of the young adult.
Alchemist
#28262 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 12:23 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 26th Sep 2021 at 12:48 AM.
CASnarl, that all looks normal to me; you tend to see the black parts when you have a camera mod wide enough to zoom out that far. I loaded up my no cc tester folder (it has my camera mods though) and got similar results. I took a pic and attached it for comparison.

ETA:
bkwrm112, You should definitely be able to move out everyone; sims don't need to be related in order for them to move out of the Uni hood together. And you wouldn't be able to leave kids unattended away. No, instead I think your problem will be getting everyone to Uni.

If I am understanding the mod correctly, @Lamare's mod doesn't change anything about how sims get to uni. (Not sure if the @ will work in an edited post, but, eh, we'll see.) Which means that your teen will need to move in alone. What are the ages of everyone? You might need a placeholder, or to move sims temporarily in somewhere else, so that the teen can go to college, age up, then move everyone in. You can try moving the entire household out to the sim bin first, because I'm not sure what would happen if you then tried to use the button in Uni to send your teen to college. I don't think the game would let you split up the household, but you could try it.

You also shouldn't need to bother with adoption, btw, unless you want to. And careful of using the game's adoption, because, if you actually let kids get taken away by the social worker and then adopted, it will change the family tree to make the older sibling the parent. I'd use DiLight's Tattered Diary, or your own custom memory, instead, if you want sims' memory panels to reflect what's happened. And then just forget the actual adoption.

IIRC, sims' memory wipe occurs when they get adopted and moved into the new family, not when they get taken away by the social worker. So, alternatively, you could let the kids be taken by social worker, move the teen to Uni, and then use cheats to move in the siblings and give everyone adoption memories. That should keep everyone's memories and family tree's intact.

ALSO, if you don't have a placeholder to hold the kids while the teen moves to Uni, you can use maybesomethingdunno's Cenotaph of the Tribal Covenant - Buy/Sell Infants/Toddlers to give up the kids to ogre, for holding. Then when your teen moves in, they should be able to call Gunk and get them back.
Screenshots

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28263 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
I didn't feel like this was worthy of its own thread.
I feel like I might be being dumb but is all that black supposed to be there?

I don't remember it being there and idk if that's due to me just never having noticed it or if it's not supposed to be. Can I get rid of it?

That's the underside of your hood and no you can't get rid of it. You only saw it because you zoomed right out, you have played with it for however long you have played sims 2, don't worry.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#28264 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
If I am understanding the mod correctly, @Lamare's mod doesn't change anything about how sims get to uni. (Not sure if the @ will work in an edited post, but, eh, we'll see.) Which means that your teen will need to move in alone. What are the ages of everyone? You might need a placeholder, or to move sims temporarily in somewhere else, so that the teen can go to college, age up, then move everyone in. You can try moving the entire household out to the sim bin first, because I'm not sure what would happen if you then tried to use the button in Uni to send your teen to college. I don't think the game would let you split up the household, but you could try it.

Since the younger siblings are teens, I think they should be able to go to uni the normal way, and the teens-stay-teens part of the hack *might* prevent them from automatically aging to YA when they get there, if they don't move into a dorm. You would probably have to move them into an already extant household so that you don't trigger the entering college cinematic, though. But I haven't actually tried this, because I don't use teens-stay-teens (IMO if a sim stays in the uni hood long enough that they have teen children, they've been there way too long). Alternatively, you can probably teleport the teen to the (non-dorm) lot and make them part of the family with any of the standard teleporters, but you will also need teens-stay-teens for that.
Test Subject
#28265 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Since the younger siblings are teens, I think they should be able to go to uni the normal way, and the teens-stay-teens part of the hack *might* prevent them from automatically aging to YA when they get there, if they don't move into a dorm. You would probably have to move them into an already extant household so that you don't trigger the entering college cinematic, though. But I haven't actually tried this, because I don't use teens-stay-teens (IMO if a sim stays in the uni hood long enough that they have teen children, they've been there way too long). Alternatively, you can probably teleport the teen to the (non-dorm) lot and make them part of the family with any of the standard teleporters, but you will also need teens-stay-teens for that.

The younger siblings would still be children when this happens I think, but they may grow into teens. Nothing has happened in game yet. I like to plan ahead. I guess my issue is getting the kids to uni which is why I figured they would have to be adopted. But I'm going to try it out. Thanks everyone.
Theorist
#28266 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 9:30 AM
I had a Sim call for a gardener...and got this (picture). OMG! and none of them actually gardened!
Reminds me of this one time I called for nanny in Castaway Stories and a whole new tribe of old ladies spawned to take care of a child because my Sims had to leave for whatever reason - and they kept insisting there were no children there!
https://modthesims.info/showpost.ph...5&postcount=198
just a girl
#28267 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bkwrm112
I know there are mods that allow children to be born and live in University but what about children or teens that are siblings to young adults? I have a storyline idea where the parents die and the older sibling takes their kid siblings with him. So far the only way I think it will work is if is use this mod https://modthesims.info/d/600518 and the young adult "adopts" the younger siblings and then use the Sim Blender to change their relationship. But I'm worried it won't work when it comes time to move back to the main neighborhood since they are siblings and not the children of the young adult.

YA-move-out-of-college lets you take anyone from university to the normal 'hood, except for ongoing students. Family relations don't matter. You can have a group of unrelated friends moving out together, for that matter.

I also advise against adoption. This is what I'd try:
At home, check the value of the lot and family funds and make a note somewhere. Save the game before your teen calls a taxi to take him/her to college (in case you have to quit without saving). Then wait for a teen to move out. If social services don't come right away and you have a chance to save the game while they're still alone for a second, then save. Then go to university sub-hood and settle your teen into a dorm and let him/her age up. After that use Sim Blender or cheats and move in the siblings. They will lose their home lot and probably won't bring any money, and that is where your note comes in. You can add the money with familyfunds cheat. After that, sims may move out together as a houshold and rent a house on campus.

Uni-teens-stay-teens prevents the game from instantly fixing teens into young adults on campus, except for dorms. If enough time passes for your kids to grow up to teens, you'd want to have that file, otherwise they'll skip the teen life stage and instantly become young adults. I left dorms untouched, so that teens that you intend to make YA and enroll in uni will be able to do it by moving in to a dorm.

Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
(Not sure if the @ will work in an edited post, but, eh, we'll see.)

It didn't work in your post, but it did in kestrellyn's quote.
Mad Poster
#28268 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 7:36 PM

Just the gardeners in Sim City having a party while nobody's at home?
Mad Poster
#28269 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That's the underside of your hood and no you can't get rid of it. You only saw it because you zoomed right out, you have played with it for however long you have played sims 2, don't worry.

First time I saw that, my stomach actually turned (well, not literally), I was so scared. Don't know WHY

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28270 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 11:39 PM
First time I saw that, my stomach actually turned (well, not literally), I was so scared. Don't know WHY

I don't think they ever considered that we might mod the camera files to be able to see it; otherwise they might have made the 'underworld' more attractive!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28271 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 12:18 AM

Pretty sure it gave me a start the first time I saw it too.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I don't think they ever considered that we might mod the camera files to be able to see it; otherwise they might have made the 'underworld' more attractive!

It's the dark underside of the city...

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#28272 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Reminds me of this one time I called for nanny in Castaway Stories and a whole new tribe of old ladies spawned to take care of a child because my Sims had to leave for whatever reason - and they kept insisting there were no children there!
https://modthesims.info/showpost.ph...5&postcount=198

It takes a village to raise a child ...

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Top Secret Researcher
#28273 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I've had two (different) social workers show up at once - their cars ended up in the same place so they morphed into a four-armed creature with two skintones and two heads

And you're supposed to surrender your kids to THAT?!?? Over my dead body!

Mad Poster
#28274 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 3:23 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 27th Sep 2021 at 3:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
It takes a village to raise a child ...

Then one small mistake, and before you know it, one (or two) social workers come along to ruin it all

Behold, the social worker from hell...

Top Secret Researcher
#28275 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 3:27 PM
I was about to say she just looks like someone with vitiligo but then I saw the 4 arms... :8

Page 1131 of 1339