Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Better Phone Messages - UPDATED FOR APARTMENT LIFE

by Cyjon Posted 9th Mar 2007 at 10:14 PM - Updated 16th Sep 2008 at 5:55 PM by Cyjon : Uploaded Apartment Life compatible version

136 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 126 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 12:36 PM
I have all EPs and SPs, so can you PM me a text file w/ the new messages? Because I have a text hack for the title screen, and it has lots of other text strings from the game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 11:30 PM
Nelson, I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. Sending you the text strings won't do anything by itself. There have to be some changes to the underlying BHAVs so they can display the new strings correctly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 4:03 AM
Good news, folks! With the help of silverdreams, we are currently testing a Pets/Seasons version of this mod. I'll post it in this thread in a few days.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 8:38 AM
That's great!

Thanx so much for your effort! Can't to wait to put the final version in my game...
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 12:43 PM Last edited by Nelson340 : 26th Mar 2007 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Wrong post quoting.
Quote: Originally posted by Cyjon
Nelson, I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. Sending you the text strings won't do anything by itself. There have to be some changes to the underlying BHAVs so they can display the new strings correctly.

I mean a .txt file that has a list of the new messages, including time triggers. The text hack I have works for both Pets and Seasons.
Test Subject
#56 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 1:38 PM
Good news, folks! With the help of silverdreams, we are currently testing a Pets/Seasons version of this mod. I'll post it in this thread in a few days.

You could post it today so that we can test it.
Test Subject
#57 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 5:13 PM

I love you, Cyjon! And thank you so much, Silverdreams! I just logged in a few minutes ago and saw this mod. I just have to have it. If I knew of a way to send the full Pets and Seasons packs, I would have. (just to convince Cyjon to do it)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 5:48 AM
xZise has kindly provided the German translations for my new phone strings. I'm wondering if other people might be able to provide other languages. Here are the strings I need translated:

$NeighborLocal:0 is at work. Try again after $TimeLocal:1.
Hi. You've reached $neighbor's answering machine. I'm not home right now, so try calling again after $TimeLocal:1. Thanks.
$neighborlocal:0 is at work. Call back after $TimeLocal:1.
You should try calling back after $TimeLocal:1, when $neighborlocal:0 isn't at work.
$neighborlocal:0 is out working. Try after $TimeLocal:1.
$neighborlocal:0 is in class. Call back after $TimeLocal:1.
You should try calling back after $TimeLocal:1 when $neighborlocal:0 isn't in class.
$neighborlocal:0 is out learning in class. Try after $TimeLocal:1.

You can ignore "$NeighborLocal:0" (which is the name of the sim) and "$TimeLocal:1" (which is the time including AM/PM). For example for the first line I'd just need the translation of "...is at work. Try again after..."

You can either post the translations here or PM me with the language you want to do and I'll send you my email address.

I'll have the Seasons version up soon, but I'm being extra cautious after I posted two version that I claimed would work in the base game which, um, didn't.
Test Subject
#59 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 5:59 AM
I can translate it to spanish :D
This is the original:

$NeighborLocal:0 is at work. Try again after $TimeLocal:1.
Hi. You've reached $neighbor's answering machine. I'm not home right now, so try calling again after $TimeLocal:1. Thanks.
$neighborlocal:0 is at work. Call back after $TimeLocal:1.
You should try calling back after $TimeLocal:1, when $neighborlocal:0 isn't at work.
$neighborlocal:0 is out working. Try after $TimeLocal:1.
$neighborlocal:0 is in class. Call back after $TimeLocal:1.
You should try calling back after $TimeLocal:1 when $neighborlocal:0 isn't in class.
$neighborlocal:0 is out learning in class. Try after $TimeLocal:1.

And this is in Spanish:

$NeighborLocal:0 esta trabajando. Intenta luego despues de las $TimeLocal:1.
Hola. Estas hablando con la contestadora de $neighbor's. No estoy en casa ahora, asi que trata de llamar despues de las $TimeLocal:1. Gracias.
$neighborlocal:0 esta en el trabajo. Llama nuevamente despues de las $TimeLocal:1.
Deberias intentar llamar despues de las $TimeLocal:1, cuando $neighborlocal:0 no este en el trabajo.
$neighborlocal:0 esta trabajando. Intenta luego a las $TimeLocal:1.
$neighborlocal:0 esta en clases. Llama luego de las $TimeLocal:1.
Deberias intentar llamar antes de las $TimeLocal:1 cuando $neighborlocal:0 no este en clases.
$neighborlocal:0 esta afuera aprendiendo en clases. Intenta luego a las $TimeLocal:1.

NOTE: In the second string (Hi. You've reached $neighbor's answering machine. I'm not home right now, so try calling again after $TimeLocal:1. Thanks.) I reverse $neighbor's and put it on before the (.)

NOTE 2: In the second string says $neighbor's but needs to say $NeighborLocal:0, no?

I'm sorry if my english is bad :P

I gonna send this to your Private messages if you want.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#60 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 6:03 AM
Thank you! I appreciate it! :0)
Test Subject
#61 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 9:21 AM
Thank you so much for the update and thanks for the message about you rule
Test Subject
#62 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sebigut119
NOTE: In the second string (Hi. You've reached $neighbor's answering machine. I'm not home right now, so try calling again after $TimeLocal:1. Thanks.) I reverse $neighbor's and put it on before the (.)

The position of "$NeighborLocal:0" and "$TimeLocal:1" is irrelevant because that are variables which you can positioning everywhere When Sims 2 get the string it replaces the variables with a actual names...

NOTE 2: In the second string says $neighbor's but needs to say $NeighborLocal:0, no?

Hmmm... I think that it's work in that string with "$neighbor" but I'm a noob in Sims 2 moding :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 3:07 PM
Thanks, sebigut119. I'll put it in and get an updated version posted, probably this weekend.

Probably all the languages will have to do that. The 's possessive is a unique feature of English. I believe most or all other languages use the "object of person" form.

Quote:

I'll double check that I didn't just copy that wrong but I think it's fine. It may have something to do with the 's form. It may simply default to looking in local0 if another variable isn't specified.
Test Subject
#64 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 4:27 PM Last edited by katt0102 : 5th Apr 2007 at 4:31 PM. Reason: Checked HCDU-wanted to report back
I love you for this! I have one question. Will this conflict or overwrite the phone hack mod from MATY? If so, I guess I'll just have to disable or delete the other so I can use this one. I hope they're compatible though, because there are things I do like about the other one too. Maybe you can have a look at it?

The HCDU reports that there are no possible conflicts detected, but I have yet to try it in the game. I'll report back to let you know.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katt0102
Will this conflict or overwrite the phone hack mod from MATY?

Nope. I use them both and they play together nicely.
Test Subject
#66 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katt0102
Will this conflict or overwrite the phone hack mod from MATY?

Can you say me where you find that hack? Because I can test it, too
(And I'm interesting what it is )

PS: I'm asking some friends who have french as third language
Forum Resident
#67 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 10:55 AM
I can help you to translate in italien and french language, but I don't no how....
Field Researcher
#68 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 2:41 PM
Thanks for the update!! I can't wait to use this one.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 4:49 PM
xZise, Pescado's phone hack can be found at http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=1479.0

Catalina_45 the sentences I need translated are up in post #59. You can see what sebigut119 did in the post below it - that's exactly what I need. I'll take care of putting the translations into the mod and re-uploading it.
Test Subject
#70 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 10:53 PM
haha this is awesome... very nice idea!
Test Subject
#71 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 2:45 PM
hmm, after I installed this I couldn't use any phone at all, including cell phones. I have all EP's.
Test Subject
#72 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
I can help you to translate in italien and french language, but I don't no how....

Where is the problem?
You can translate the 8 sentences from below and rewrite it in italian and french...
Test Subject
#73 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 3:44 PM
Startman: Which version do you use? -base, -NL or -Uni? The second is the best choice :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#74 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StratMan172
hmm, after I installed this I couldn't use any phone at all, including cell phones. I have all EP's.

Did you install the correct version? If you have all EPs you would need to download NicerPhoneMessages-NL. Otherwise, it may be conflicting with another mod. Run the Hack Conflict Detection Utility from http://simwardrobe.com.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 5:37 PM
Thank you thank you thank you for the Seasons update!!!
Page 3 of 6