Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 11:34 PM
Default I made custom chickens, but I can only buy them from debug build mode.
Hello, I made some more chickn breeds as I love chickens but had to move out and thus away from my flock. I made currently two new hen types, but I can't buy them from the chicken coop. I want to be able to purchas my hennies from the coop when you click on "Purchase chickens"

I looked at the code for the chicken coop and it has a list of numbers pertaining to each kind of chicken it sells, but when I looked at a chicken's code I did not see the correlating number string anywhere inside. What is interesting is in the code comments it said "Avian chicken ...." where the files for the chickens do not have this title. In fact, I could not find any file with Avian in the title (I used Doc fetcher and still, nothing)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Aug 2021 at 2:05 AM
ooooh you beat me to it! I'm working on a Leghorn and a Delaware, and fluffing out some feathers and feet for Brahmas. Ran into the same problem.

I haven't tried yet, but I am hoping they can be made smaller with [ ] so we can make bantams.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2021 at 7:09 PM
Chickens can 100% be scaled with [ and ] I've seen people make giant ones in videos.

The string of numbers are more than likely hashed versions of the internal object names.

In order to add yours to the purchase menu you would more than likely have to override the original Purchase Chickens tuning which would mean it would conflict with any other creator adding their own custom chickens using the same method.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 7:48 PM
Srsly's purchase menu will allow you to add animals without overriding anything: https://www.patreon.com/posts/54506613

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 11:00 PM Last edited by lowflyer : 3rd Sep 2021 at 2:10 AM.
I have had no luck with it.

I followed the directions to the letter. Added the tag to reference the coop, made sure both my custom chickens and her mod are directly in the Mods folder. The.script file is in the Tray folder.

I also tried enabling testingcheatsenabled true, but it made no difference. What am I missing?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 3:00 PM
Why is the script in your Tray folder? It should be in your Mods folder. The Tray folder is for Lots and Sims.

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Why is the script in your Tray folder? It should be in your Mods folder. The Tray folder is for Lots and Sims.

I moved it to the Mods folder, and it made no difference.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 5:43 PM
Did you also enable script mods in your game settings?

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Did you also enable script mods in your game settings?

Ha! That was it! Works perfectly now.

Thanks!