Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:09 AM Last edited by Delphy : 6th Jun 2009 at 1:38 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Custom Town Disappeared
I made a new town based on the Sunny town. I created a self sim, and built her a house [that I had just finished!] I saved, then clicked on town mode, as I wanted to build a custom lot. However, as soon as I clicked on the town mode, the game crashed to the desktop.

Hmm...okay. Restarted my pc then went back into the game. As soon as the town menu came up, it did not go straight to my cutom town. So, I looked at the bottom menu. It is there, but no pic was available. Also when I clicked the check mark, no sim could be seen and nothing happens. Its as though the enire town got wiped out.

Is there a way to get it back, and is there a way I can prevent this from happening again?!? I am including a dxdiag, perhaps someone will notice something from it, that will let me know why it suddenly crashed after playing fine for days. Also, is there a log file somewhere on my pc that I can look at? If so, where would it be located at on WinXP? I keep trying to post this at the Sims 3 offical forums, but I keep getting a proxy error there. Game version 1.0.631.00001. Also, town and backup is still showing up in in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves. Thanks!

Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:37 AM
Also, the town and backup are still showing up in the My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves folder. Why is is showing up there but not in the game. Is there a way I can use that to my advantage? Somebody...anybody... please help if you think you can! Wonder if the genius Canoodle is there? Does Canoodle perhaps require a sacrifice first? (Starts getting Llama ready just in case.)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:40 AM
Try making a copy of the Saves world you made, then renaming it to .old, then renaming the .backup one over the top - see what happens. If all else fails you can always just switch it back.

Also try removing the scriptsCache.package in the My Docs Sims 3 root. That usually solves any weird crashing issues.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:04 AM
It worked! Praise be the God Delphy! (The Llama has been spared)
No worship icon? You should have one! (Bows before Delphy)

Thank you sooo much! *Mwah!*
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:37 AM
Dammit...sniped by a higher power! So glad you got your game working.

Psst...I live in Mesa.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.