Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 4:16 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Not all showing up
Hello, I do hope I'm in the correct spot here.
So here's my issue.
I just built a new computer. I've been using the same laptop for around 8 years now. I have two origin accounts that completes my Sims 3 collection. I have no idea why I started the new account. I think it may have been my email was hacked and I couldn't access it anymore.
On my laptop I have all the games installed (legally) and they all work. The game itself is super laggy due to the old computer not running well anymore. So when my husband built the new one he said I was free to put Sims 3 on there and play. So I spent half the day downloading every pack. However, now when I go to launch the game, only the packs that were downloaded in that account are the ones that show up. If I switch accounts I get different packs depending on which was bought on which account. They all worked fine on my laptop all together. So I'm not sure what the problem is or how to fix it and run all my games together. I really don't want to pay even more money to get them all on the same account for obvious reasons.
If anyone could help, or even point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. I'm not overly tech savy, but not completely hopeless either.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 7:49 AM
There is nothing techie that can be done here, unless you are working with retail disc installs the base game and packs have to be tied to the same Origin user account in order to be installed and usable at the same time. The code to "redeem" the purchases can only be used once, for one account (but as many computers as you own or ever will own).

The only way to get these things all together under one account is to get EA Customer Support to help. They are not easy to reach during the current global conditions so this may take some time and effort, but no one else has access to customer records and the ability to merge them like that. Note that by doing so, if you can reach them one way or another, you may stand to lose any TS3 store purchases that were made under one or both accounts -- meaning additional EA worlds and the content that is sold for store points that way to be Launcher installed.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Why EA sucks. I like Blizzard better. Every game I bought from Blizzard on a DVD/CD, all you have to do is register the serial number to your account and you can have a digital copy downloaded on any computer.

The issue here is not that a different computer is being used, it's that the digital assets have been spread among multiple Origin accounts with different email addresses used as if there were multiple, different players even though there really aren't. Is Blizzard really that different in this regard?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
There is nothing techie that can be done here, unless you are working with retail disc installs the base game and packs have to be tied to the same Origin user account in order to be installed and usable at the same time. The code to "redeem" the purchases can only be used once, for one account (but as many computers as you own or ever will own).

The only way to get these things all together under one account is to get EA Customer Support to help. They are not easy to reach during the current global conditions so this may take some time and effort, but no one else has access to customer records and the ability to merge them like that. Note that by doing so, if you can reach them one way or another, you may stand to lose any TS3 store purchases that were made under one or both accounts -- meaning additional EA worlds and the content that is sold for store points that way to be Launcher installed.

I'll have to look for my physical copies then. I wonder if that's what I did before. Thank you.

My simblr .
Space Pony
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 4:45 AM
I wouldn't know. I don't know why people would use different email accounts for their purchases. Why make so much trouble for themselves?

You must be one of the lucky people who have never had an email hacked. xD
I do know for a fact that the original email I used was hacked. I had quite a few hotmail accounts that would get hacked a couple months after being made. Having switched to something different, I no longer have this issue.I prefer having everything purchased on just one account. I wish I could go back and redo it so everything was.

My simblr .
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 7:22 AM
No, I never had an email hacked and I doubt anyone wants to hack my email, I'm a nobody. :D

I have and while I don't consider myself a nobody entirely, the email account in question was pretty much retired by then and I was only keeping it active to support any accounts I don't interact with much and may have forgotten about. Suddenly some messages (nothing at all personal or important) were marked read when I knew I had never read them and I'm sure the next phase would have been using the account to send out spam to make it look like it came from a real person if I didn't complain to my ISP and change the password.

I've had my Starbucks account hacked into and the associated email address changed to one on a server in another country. What they actually ended up doing there was charging my bank card (credit or debit, can't remember) $20 and thus crediting my still usable Starbucks account with the same $20. In other words, they accomplished nothing for themselves and allowed me to buy my own coffee with my own money if I wanted to. But they were probably testing the whole thing along with many thousands of others for more nefarious usage like ordering hundreds in gift cards later on to be resold on the grey market for those who might not be paying attention.

Stuff like this just happens no matter how careful we are.
Undead Molten Llama
#10 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 4:52 PM
Yep, this is why I don't do anything with real money online. I don't do any online banking (even though it's really convenient) and for online shopping, I buy (in the real world) prepaid credit cards in various denominations, keeping a stock of them on-hand to use online instead of my actual bank cards. And I won't touch things like Paypal. I'm sure this isn't 100% secure, but it's another layer of protection, at least. And I have a bunch of different email addresses, too, none of which have any real information attached to them. One I use specifically for online shopping so that I basically never see all the spam they get. People can hijack that one all they want. My and my family's "real" email addresses are on a domain and server that I own and that has good security, so it's less likely to be hacked than a Google or (God forbid) Microsoft one.

To the OP: I know what I'd suggest in your situation, but such a suggestion would get me mod-spanked here. But if I were in your shoes and I'd already bought all the EPs and such....Well, I wouldn't be buying them again, which is probably your only legal option in this situation. I really have no idea why that setup worked on your old computer in the first place.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 3:43 PM
No, I never had an email hacked and I doubt anyone wants to hack my email, I'm a nobody. :D

But if you register a new email account, can't you just change the email account on Origin to the new one? So technically they're all still under the same account, you just changed your email?

I consider myself a nobody, especially since at the time I was maybe 17, so I'm not sure who would want the email of a weird teenage girl. xD
No, I it wouldn't allow me at the time to switch emails. I'm not sure if it's an option now though.

My simblr .
Space Pony
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Yep, this is why I don't do anything with real money online. I don't do any online banking (even though it's really convenient) and for online shopping, I buy (in the real world) prepaid credit cards in various denominations, keeping a stock of them on-hand to use online instead of my actual bank cards. And I won't touch things like Paypal. I'm sure this isn't 100% secure, but it's another layer of protection, at least. And I have a bunch of different email addresses, too, none of which have any real information attached to them. One I use specifically for online shopping so that I basically never see all the spam they get. People can hijack that one all they want. My and my family's "real" email addresses are on a domain and server that I own and that has good security, so it's less likely to be hacked than a Google or (God forbid) Microsoft one.

To the OP: I know what I'd suggest in your situation, but such a suggestion would get me mod-spanked here. But if I were in your shoes and I'd already bought all the EPs and such....Well, I wouldn't be buying them again, which is probably your only legal option in this situation. I really have no idea why that setup worked on your old computer in the first place.

That's a smart way of doing things. For me, growing up as computer and internet developed, I suppose the same sense of being careful wasn't instilled as it was something new at the time.

I know what you mean. New computer, so avoiding that route. xD

My simblr .