Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 10:15 PM
I had LAA problem and I thought I solved the crashing problem when I made CAW LAA. I was painting-sculpting my world, experimenting with textures... nothing crashed. However, I decided to change something in my world, started the painting from new. I added some new textures. I played around with road textures and at one point CAW crashed. Now I'm trying to paint my world, but it keeps crashing once in a while - either when I save the game or just randomly, giving that message I had before making it LAA. I cleaned caches everywhere, I also run it with no CC. I also noticed that it crashes after I edit layers, try to change colors.

Is it possible that some textures cause the crash? Maybe they are not right? Maybe some I used in the roads? Is there any way to find out which color it is?

Thanks thanks thanks for any help.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#127 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 5:35 PM
forstbergs13- have you tried clearing your CAW caches? Try that first (details in the first post), but if it persists it would be worth checking your textures. A bad texture could potentially cause crashing so check that the textures you are using are all DDS and of the correct format.
Test Subject
#128 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 6:38 PM
Hi! I have base game 1.34. and I tried to download version of CAW which is second on the list, but when I download it, it is not version that I need, so i figure it out that link for second and third CAW version are the same, for game version 1.31., can you fix this? Please, tnx.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#129 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nataodzanata
Hi! I have base game 1.34. and I tried to download version of CAW which is second on the list,

Which list are you referring to?
Test Subject
#130 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 6:57 PM
On the first page:
06. June 2012.....BG Version(1.36.45).....Worldtool Version(worldtool (1.18.3.017037))
06. June 2012.....BG Version(1.34.27).....Worldtool Version(worldtool(1.16.2.016037)
04.Mar.2012.....BG Version(1.31.118).....Worldtool Version(worldtool(1.16.2.015037)
14.Dec.2011....BG Version(1.29.55).......Worldtool Version(1.13.7)
18.Oct..2011.....BG Version(1.26.8)........Worldtool Version(1.13.3)
26. Jul.2011......BG Version(1.24.3).........Worldtool Version(1.11.12)
03. Jun.2011.....BG Version(1.22.9).........Worldtool Version(1.11.10)
31. May.2011....BG Version(1.21.123)....Worldtool Version(1.11.9)
01. Feb.2011.....BG Version(1.19.44)......Worldtool Version(1.11.4)
30. Nov.2010.....BG Version(1.18.9).......Worldtool Version(1.10.9)
26. Oct.2010.....BG Version(1.17.60)......Worldtool Version(1.10.9)
07. Sep.2010.....BG Version(1.15.34)......Worldtool Version(1.9.16)
08. Jul.2010......BG Version(1.14.11).......Worldtool Version(1.9.14)
23. Mar.2010.....BG Version(1.11.7)......Worldtool Version(1.6.72)
15. Dec.2009.....BG Version(1.8.25).......Worldtool Version(1.5.126)

Link for 1.16.2.016037 leads me to 1.16.2.015037
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#131 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 10:12 PM
Ah, okay- you'll have to ask auntielynds about that since she is maintaining those.

Why don't you just patch up to 1.36?
Test Subject
#132 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 12:31 PM
im trying to edit a premade world.
whenever i try and save the world after editing it the way i like it it crashes and comes up with a box saying "attempted to read or write protected memory" bla bla
its all up to date got no CC in any folders and ive done all steps this link tells me to do http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595
all the files are set so i can edit them in security options.
cleared the cache files and ran the LAA program from the link (above) .
dont wanna reinstall everything have already re installed caw tool 3 times today and my abase game with exp packs the other day cuz of the update.
Forum Resident
#133 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 7:37 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the incorrect links

I've got those fixed.

Quote:
im trying to edit a premade world.
whenever i try and save the world after editing it the way i like it it crashes and comes up with a box saying "attempted to read or write protected memory" bla bla
its all up to date got no CC in any folders and ive done all steps this link tells me to do http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595
all the files are set so i can edit them in security options.
cleared the cache files and ran the LAA program from the link (above) .
dont wanna reinstall everything have already re installed caw tool 3 times today and my abase game with exp packs the other day cuz of the update.

A few things I would check out:

Can you save a large world that has not been taken back into caw? If you don't have one of your own, download someone's Caw files for a large world, and see if you can save that. Here's the page for Simsample's Jericho, scroll down to find the link for the caw files
Create-A-World files for Jericho

Check to make sure you have LAA connected to the Caw.exe correctly
http://ts3cc.forumotion.ca/t255-laa...pt-memory-error
Test Subject
#134 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
Thanks for the heads up on the incorrect links

I've got those fixed.

A few things I would check out:

Can you save a large world that has not been taken back into caw? If you don't have one of your own, download someone's Caw files for a large world, and see if you can save that. Here's the page for Simsample's Jericho, scroll down to find the link for the caw files
Create-A-World files for Jericho

Check to make sure you have LAA connected to the Caw.exe correctly
http://ts3cc.forumotion.ca/t255-laa...pt-memory-error

the laa is correct and i just tried editing some small stuf
f(basicly same stuff i wanna edit in the other world,adding some lots and flattening the ground) n saving jericho and it worked .
tried going back to the other world. did all changes but when i save this comes up .
Forum Resident
#135 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 7:52 PM
Are those lot files you think? You can try to locate them in the layers folder by doing a search.

Another thing I would try is going into EIG, Save all the lots to your bin, then bulldozing them. If you get a successful save at this point, you'll know it's one of the lots. Start adding the lots back in, 5-10 at a time, and save after each batch. Either you'll find the culprits, or the lots will be reset just by placing them in your bin, and replacing in the world.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#136 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 4:40 PM
Yes, that definitely looks like some corrupted lots (or maybe corrupted items on a layer).
Test Subject
#137 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 7:02 PM
Default Sims Patching Error
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Ah, okay- you'll have to ask auntielynds about that since she is maintaining those.

Why don't you just patch up to 1.36?

Okay so I am getting a totally different error when I try to install the latest patch.

Do you think it could be because I didn't install it to my C drive? (Programsx86/EAgames)
I have my game on my E drive. (games/sims)

This is driving me insane. I feel like that shouldn't matter.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#138 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bbyvrd
Okay so I am getting a totally different error when I try to install the latest patch.

That error indicates, as it says, that you are using the incorrect patch for your game region. Try downloading the latest superpatcher, as that contains all regions:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...ownload/Current
Test Subject
#139 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 7:33 PM
I got again this annoying problem. When I go EIG and start to build to some lot and zoom it closer, a blue "wall" comes in front of me. I can only look the lot from afar. Sometimes this problem has disappeared when I have done routings, but in this time it doesn't work. What I should do?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#140 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 9:16 PM
In the Arena
retired moderator
#141 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 5:36 AM

I've been getting this error since the night before Patch 1.38 was released, and I've done the LAA thing on CAW.exe ages ago. I was working on the Store worlds' routing when suddenly clicking on "Show Routing Data" would trigger this error message and crashed CAW.

So, after various troubleshooting access permissions and user security levels, redoing LAA, and numerous uninstalls and reinstalls of different CAW versions, with and without CC, I finally found the trigger.

I had used Junctions to link to the DCBackup folder in /Doc/EA/The Sims 3 in /Program Files(x86)/EA/TS3CAWTool/Packages, so I don't have duplicate folders and files on my system. Removing CAW CC removed the error. So I removed the Junction and copy+pasted the DCBackup and that also removed the error. I don't know what changed (on my system to not make Junctions work anymore), because AFAIK I have not let Windows Updates run, no system changes within days of TS3's patch and EP release cycles is my policy. Last Windows Update on my machine was 8/24.

This hypothesis is confirmed when I tested with Moonlight Falls before I had a chance to go out and get Supernatural (in the last 2 days). Someone send me the world file, thinking to give me a head start on the routing fixes, and just to see the amount of work involved if any is required. And when I loaded the file in CAW, some stuff remains black as expected (like new trees and RabbitHoles and other new objects) and when I clicked "Show Routing Data", again that Protected Memory error pops up.
It kinda makes sense that the program not being able to calculate data on routing because the world CC is not in CAW's memory would trigger this error message.

So, TL;DR;
This error does not necessarily mean that you need to do LAA, especially if it has already been done. As the first step to troubleshooting states: always check your CC!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#142 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 11:43 PM
Thanks for the info, ellacharmed!
Test Subject
#143 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 9:32 AM Last edited by viviane_fpo : 24th Oct 2012 at 10:09 AM.
Hello, I also do have a problem with EIG. Even after I tried out all the steps and solutions posted here.

I'm creating a medium sized world. I worked on it for some weeks and I placed roads and lots with the CAW tool. I also managed to place some houses on the lots with the EIG. The houses were pre-built and I just added them. When I tried the same yesterday, it worked fine. Only half an hour later when I started CAW and EIG again, EIG crashed. I placed some houses from the bin to my lots made in CAW, saved it in EIG ... and then, from one hour to the other, EIG crashed without an explanation. It only said that it isn't working correctly and will now be closed.

I tried to edit a plain world with only one lot on it in EIG and it worked fine.

My world doesn't have that much lots (maybe around 30) and what confuses me is that it worked fine for hours and weeks and from one moment to the other it crashes in that specific world. unfortunately, I don't have any backup data from the time when it worked fine

Who's tired of London is tired of life.
Forum Resident
#144 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 12:35 AM
Does it crash when you are opening EIG, or when you save from EIG?

I'm assuming you have LAA hooked up, and set to "true". http://ts3cc.forumotion.ca/t255-laa...pt-memory-error
Test Subject
#145 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 2:39 AM
it craches when I save from EIG.

Something interesting happened: I deleted some lots in CAW (there were many in one corner of the hood) and placed some new ones on the other side of the hood. After that, i opened it in EIG, placed some houses, saved and it worked! I have no explanation for that...

Well, I'll try the LAA! That's the one thing I didn't do.

Test Subject
#146 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 9:09 PM
Hi, installed LAA, but it doesn't work. same thing as usual: evertime I add some houses from the bin in EIG and save in EIG, it crashes without an explanation. it only sais that EIG isn't working correctly.

Forum Resident
#147 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 11:16 PM
If LAA is hooked up properly, and you have at least 4 gigs of ram on your pc, that shouldn't be the problem.

Maybe something is wrong with the particular lots you're using?

Could there be any custom content in them?

Try placing them in game on a lot, deleting the library version, then resaving them in your library. Now place them in EIG.
Test Subject
#148 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 3:14 AM
My EIG button isn't even doing anything. I don't get a loading indicator or get taken to the launcher. All I get is a "Do you want to run Edit in Game mode?" followed by the render panel turning blue for a second. I've left it alone for about 45 minutes to no avail either. Is it loading without telling me in any way?
Test Subject
#149 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 4:22 AM
Is there a way to manualy install a custom world from CAW w/o packaging it and then using .sims3package to install it? Reason being is that any world I try to export and install goes through the motions but does not actualy install. I am completely up to date on all patches, uninstalled and reinstalled caw and like I said it exports the world just fine and allow me to double click on the .sims3package and goes through the motionis of installing but doesn't actualy install the world. If I knew where to place what files where I could just manualy move the files needed and not have to deal wth the the frustrating installer.
Forum Resident
#150 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 10:41 PM
There's several troubleshooting threads right now for the 1.42 patch issues.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/604830.page
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=490088

I believe both have a workaround similar to what you are suggesting.

Good luck!
Page 6 of 9