Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 6:46 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Was able to clone plants, now suddenly can't?
Hi all,
Been playing my current game (as a fairy) for a while now, mastered a few skills, including science. Have been able to clone any plant from a sample without issue. My sim just came back from China and I wanted to prepare potent invigorating elixir in preparation for her next trip. Had growing glowing mushrooms, so forced bloom with magic and then analysed a few times so I could clone, as I've done before (including in this game before trip). Click on science machine -> clone sample, but none of my plant samples (had all sorts including lettuce, tomatoes, all sorts of beans and mushrooms, wolfsbane and others) appear on the list! Fish, bugs and minerals all there. So tried directly from inventory, where I got this:

I've exited without saving a couple of times now, deleted all my plant samples and analysed a mushroom again (existing one from inventory this time), but one sample was still 'too large'.
Searched endlessly for answers online but have found nothing.
Does anyone have any idea what's going on???
If I can't figure it out I'm gonna have to restart this game, it bugs me that much, so any advice is welcome!
Thanks.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 7:07 PM
Since you mention your sim traveling to china, are you using the default EA story progression? Many issues are caused when your sim travels, because Story Progression fails to handle many situations properly. You may want to have a look at Nraas http://nraas.wikispaces.com for a Story Progression replacement, and perhaps also get MasterController and Overwatch. It may be that your sim is just glitched somehow and you'll be able to correct it and free them up.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 10:05 AM
Hm, I don't think that I was ever able to clone a mushroom or some other specific harvestables that are considered "too large". Are you sure that you've cloned mushrooms before?
But as regards the other "ordinary" harvestable samples, did you have them travel with you to China and back? I know that travelling breaks uncut gems and unsmelted metals (they revert to a default appearance and often refuse to stack), maybe something similar happens to plant samples.
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 12:57 PM
Same issue, nraas story progression master controller and overwatch werent the fix, I was able to clone them at some time; but now i cant
Instructor
#5 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fridgemann
Same issue, nraas story progression master controller and overwatch werent the fix, I was able to clone them at some time; but now i cant

I was able to do plant cloning back then without traveller mod. Perhaps try to erase all the plants in your home lot, and replant them. If it still doesn't help, use reset everything command with master controller.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
I was able to do plant cloning back then without traveller mod. Perhaps try to erase all the plants in your home lot, and replant them. If it still doesn't help, use reset everything command with master controller.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've deleted every plant from my lot, sold every plant in my inventory and went to the alchemy meister's to get new ones. ones i bought didnt work as well, and the one i planted didnt work either; also I've already tried resetting town sadly no good results. By the way, I dont have any problems with normal harvestables, it seems like it's just alchemy plants like Wolfsbane, red toadstool, red valerian etc
Instructor
#7 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fridgemann
Thanks for the suggestion, I've deleted every plant from my lot, sold every plant in my inventory and went to the alchemy meister's to get new ones. ones i bought didnt work as well, and the one i planted didnt work either; also I've already tried resetting town sadly no good results. By the way, I dont have any problems with normal harvestables, it seems like it's just alchemy plants like Wolfsbane, red toadstool, red valerian etc

Maybe there's a bug or something with supernatural harvestables since I only cloned ones from base game and university life. I am using a no ingredient needed for alchemy mod so I don't need to plant every alchemical seed.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes