Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2022 at 3:57 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default My downloaded multi-part files disappeared
I'll try to make this short and sweet. I wanted to install some of ellacharmed's worlds with routing fixes. I followed the directions, and downloaded the multi-part files as directed (5 worlds total). The instructions state to download all parts, rename them, then install. I have a daily downloads folder on my desktop, named for that date, eg. 02.16.22. I downloaded all the files into that folder. When I backed up my world files and saves, I went to update the file names in my daily download folder, none of the multi-part files for each world are there. Only 5 files, each with a world name, that looks like the original filenames for each world from the game, is there. For each world there is only one file instead of 7 or 8 like I downloaded, and there is no name file to change - they look the way they should after doing all the work I'm supposed to do. I'm VERY leery of replacing the original files with these files since they don't look anything like they ought to. Could the work I was supposed to manually do somehow have been done automatically? It just doesn't make sense. I hope this makes sense, and I hope someone can help me! TIA.

goderguy
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 17th Feb 2022 at 9:22 PM
I don't know what the deal is there with the multi-archive downloads, but you might just have better luck downloading them straight from ella's Google Drive folder. Just download the ones with the .world extension and you should be good to go.

The multi-archive versions here on MTS are there from when the site had a smaller limit on file uploads, so they had to be uploaded that way to fit under the limit. It's been raised since I think, but ella hasn't been as active for quite a while.

Anyway, here's a link to her GD folder.

https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...QWtippHh5puOhfg

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 12:24 AM
Thank you both for advice and the link! I decided to trust her downloads vs what I ended up with last night, so I downloaded the worlds from her Google drive. I wish she (or someone else) had done this for Lucky Palms. It's my favorite world, and there are definitely some routing issues there too. But I am appreciative of what is available!

goderguy