Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2022 at 10:11 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Bars kicking sims out at wrong time
I recently opened a Supernatural Hangout.
Every night at 1am it kicks all the sims out and says its closing time.
Supernatural Hangouts are supposed to be open til 3am.
I do use Cooking and Ingredients Overhaul mod which I know alters something with bars, but the mod isn't telling me what, I assumed it was hours.
If I hover over the bar it shows its hours are from 9am to 8am (I believe that the correct hours, it was 23 hours), but I do not have Shimrods 23 hour bars mod installed, I removed it years ago, because it conflicts with the cooking mod and the game I'm playing was started post removal.

Anyway, the question is does anyone know of any other mods that my be altering bar hours or conflicting with the cooking mod, because I'm at a loss.

If not, is Cinderelli's cooking mod now a core mod as when I once tried to remove it it still stayed active, but it does not say anywhere it is a core mod.

Thanks.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Advertisement
Inventor
#3 Old 28th Feb 2022 at 1:42 PM
From the gameplay file for Venues
It closes at 1
I know someone put out a Venue mod that does not allow auto placement of lots in new worlds. If you have that mod you could alter the time of the bar closing in it or you can go grab the Venues XML and make your own.
<Venue>
<Venue>WerewolfBar</Venue>
<CodeVersion>EP7</CodeVersion>
<Intensity>150</Intensity>
<Intensity_Downtown>75</Intensity_Downtown>
<HourOpen>7</HourOpen>
<HourClose>1</HourClose>
<Icon>w_werewolf_bar</Icon>
<MapTagIcon>hud_mt_i_werewolfbar</MapTagIcon>
<OneShotMotives>Social,Fun,StayAtVenue,RoleTourist</OneShotMotives>
<ContinuousMotive>BeInWerewolfBar</ContinuousMotive>
<HowLongSimsWaitOutsideBeforeEntering>0</HowLongSimsWaitOutsideBeforeEntering>
<MinLength>1</MinLength>
<MaxLength>4</MaxLength>
<EncouragedTraits>SupernaturalFanTrait,4;LycanthropyHuman,8;LycanthropyWerewolf,10;DogPerson,3;Daredevil,3;FairyHiddenTrait,4;VampireHiddenTrait,3;WitchHiddenTrait,3;GhostHiddenTrait,3</EncouragedTraits>
<ExcludingTraits>SupernaturalSkeptic,Coward,Loner</ExcludingTraits>
<EncouragedSkills>Lycanthropy</EncouragedSkills>
<ColdSpotPriority>4</ColdSpotPriority>
<BabiesCanVisit>False</BabiesCanVisit>
<ToddlersCanVisit>False</ToddlersCanVisit>
<ChildCanVisit>True</ChildCanVisit>
<CanBeHotspot>True</CanBeHotspot>
<SpecialMotiveLock>True</SpecialMotiveLock>
<PetSpeciesAllowed>AllDogs</PetSpeciesAllowed>
<BookGigModifier>50</BookGigModifier>
<PerformanceMeterMax>100</PerformanceMeterMax>
</Venue>
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Feb 2022 at 2:00 PM Last edited by MurderPrincessK : 3rd Mar 2022 at 9:18 AM.
Gah, every where I looked it told me Supernatural Hangouts close at 3am, but if they are actually supposed to close at 1am I guess that is not really an error then, except for on the information I was receiving.
Thanks, I do not know how to access xml files from the game.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Inventor
#5 Old 28th Feb 2022 at 2:22 PM
https://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.ph...rs&_fromLogin=1
this is a link to Shimrods Bars and Venues. This mod will change the time.

Also, you can open it and in the code you will find the venues and you can change the time yourself to open and close when you would like
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Feb 2022 at 2:56 PM
Yes, thanks, but as I said in my original post that mod is not compatible with a cooking mod I have in, and the cooking mod doesn't seem to want and come out, even though it does not say its a core mod, its acting like one. I really don't want to screw my whole saved world by trying to force it out right now. I have tried to before.

Just a side note this site is really slow lately and not wanting to connect.

Inventor
#8 Old 28th Feb 2022 at 3:18 PM
So from what I read bars and lounges only stay open till 3 in Oasis Landing. Bridgeport is 2 am. I know some worlds have their own settings. So If you are not using the Venue.xml in a tuning file I can create one real quick for you to test out. I can't test it as I am at work but I have the gameplay file on an external I can grab it.

The only issue is that you have to change the Bar file in gameplay to have a bartender stay till those hours. So the reason Shimrods will conflict with the overhaul is because the Bars.xml from the gameplay file contains drink recipes. So any overhaul recipe might cause a conflict.

You could try putting the overhaul in your overrides and placing the shimrod one in your regular packages and see if it works. Since the Overhaul will then override the Shimrod one.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Feb 2022 at 4:51 PM
Thank you for the offer, but you don't need to do that.
I don't need my bars open 24/7 its just weird that I'm getting conflicting info.
I do need to do a clean test to see whats going on, but don't have time right now.
I will try that later.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 1st Mar 2022 at 6:38 AM Last edited by igazor : 1st Mar 2022 at 6:52 AM.
Just FYI, Core Mods do not linger behind after they are removed as long as the user game folder caches are cleared. What makes them Core Mods,as I understand it anyway, is that they replace certain calls to the game core with new code that the mod contains, they don't alter the game core files themselves. If a Core Mod is removed, then those code replacements no longer happen. What makes some Core Mods more difficult to remove than others is that they leave behind things like custom traits and other game assets that would suddenly become undefined upon removal of the mod and games tend to error out or implode when they have elements that were once defined but now are not in play. Or things that they have changed within ongoing games might not suddenly revert to the way they were once before, but that can be true of any mod -- this is why KW, as a very notable example of a Script Mod, is impossible to remove once an ongoing game has "seen" it, just as certain EPs are not removable. NRaas ErrorTrap is an example of a Core Mod that is removable, leaving no changes to ongoing games behind if it were to be pulled out. AwesomeMod is one that has a functional removal procedure built into it that the player can run just before pulling it out safely.

I don't know how removable the Cooking Overhaul mods are, to be fair, but they are not Core Mods.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Mar 2022 at 9:35 AM
@igazor, yes I'm sure you are more knowledgeable than I on the technical aspects, I wasn't trying to be technical. When I said core mod, I meant to imply any mod that once it is installed cannot be removed from the same saved game w/o destroying your game. It leaves behind data, whether visible to the player in game or not, that will cause issues either immediately or over time. I certainly wouldn't think of kinky world as a purely scripting mod, it is more like a very corrupt expansion pack. Due to the fact that the cooking mods add recipes and ingredients and plants to the game, like an ep, it seems to be behaving similarly leaving data behind when you try to remove it. I guess I should think of it that way. I only wish when people made such mods they would be very clear that said mods can not be removed from a save in progress, but the cooking mod does not do this, so it pissed me off when I screwed a save a few years ago trying to remove it.

Now, I ran a test w/o any script mods, besides nrass, and it seems Supernatural Bars in Aurora Skies close a 1am for whatever reason. I was not aware that different towns had different closing times for the bars, hence my confusion and thinking something was wrong. So I guess I don't really have a problem after all, well not related to this at least.

Forum Resident
#12 Old 1st Mar 2022 at 3:35 PM
Yes, Supernatural "hangouts" close at 1 am. Not 100% sure if it matters in each city, but generally, dive bars close at 3 am (forget when they open), vapire lounge closes at 2 am. Always found that odd. I believe it is in the "Bars" xml, but you can change open hours. My vampire bars are open until 5 am, so they can get home before sunrise. Not sure that a cooking mod would rewrite the same xml as Bars?

BUT... many mods rewrite the same xmls, ITUNs, etc.

Data left? Did you clear caches? Is it a Sims3pack mod? I forget which, but they copy info to library or DcCache, or something like that, and may have a ghost?
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Mar 2022 at 7:54 AM
Yup, cleaned my caches when I removed it. Its a package file, the mod is linked on the first post. Its states it rewrites the bars xml on the mod page. I am not knowledgable in script mods, so I don't even know how to open it to check what it rewrites. You can also see other comments on the mods page complaining about the mod not removing from their game, not by me. I will try to remember the next time I decide to restart with a fresh game to remove, but who knows when that will be. I've been on this save for a couple of years now.

Forum Resident
#14 Old 2nd Mar 2022 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
Yup, cleaned my caches when I removed it. Its a package file, the mod is linked on the first post. Its states it rewrites the bars xml on the mod page. I am not knowledgable in script mods, so I don't even know how to open it to check what it rewrites. You can also see other comments on the mods page complaining about the mod not removing from their game, not by me. I will try to remember the next time I decide to restart with a fresh game to remove, but who knows when that will be. I've been on this save for a couple of years now.

It is not a script. I haven't learned how to do scripts, even with new "easy button" tools. BUT... rewriting an xml is not that difficult. First, and most important is to make a copy of the original package, and never mess with it! It is your back up!!!

You need S3PE and wrappers. Open the package in s3pe. You should see at least one xml in the list. Might be the only thing in the list. Right click it and open with notepad, or whatever text editor you use. Scroll down until you find the venue that you want to change. You will find open, close and happy hour start and end. Times are 24 hour clock.

Just delete the numbers, and put in what you want. Save package. Clear caches, start your game and check. Hover over that type of venue in town view mode, and the hours should show.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Mar 2022 at 7:36 PM Last edited by MurderPrincessK : 2nd Mar 2022 at 10:30 PM.
Okay I follow you except for what is wrappers? S3PE I'm fine with I use it for paintings, but why do I need wrappers and where do I find it?

edit: wait is it called madscience.wrapper.dll? I have that.

I will give it a try. I just realized that what is causing the bars to show 23 hour opening times is indeed Passion. I will try editing it so the venues close at 1am like the game and reopen at 2am instead of 9-8....then there will only be one time my sims get kicked out.

Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2022 at 9:31 AM
Well Hot Damn I actually did it correctly and my bar hours are working.
Also learned I can change the food served in each type of venue!
I don't have to keep serving shrimp cocktail in a werewolf bar, awesome.
Does anyone know of a complete list of the foods I can change the bar menu to?
Fried Chicken does not work, it gives a 0§ price and I'm trying to make a profit here.

Anyway thanks for all the help on this. I will have fun playing around with it for a while, at least until I mess something up.

Forum Resident
#18 Old 3rd Mar 2022 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
Well Hot Damn I actually did it correctly and my bar hours are working.
Also learned I can change the food served in each type of venue!
I don't have to keep serving shrimp cocktail in a werewolf bar, awesome.
Does anyone know of a complete list of the foods I can change the bar menu to?
Fried Chicken does not work, it gives a 0§ price and I'm trying to make a profit here.

Anyway thanks for all the help on this. I will have fun playing around with it for a while, at least until I mess something up.

Glad it worked! Many mods are "tuning mods" that alter small things in xmls or ITUNs. As the game loads, it reads program files first, then mods folder, test, packages and overrides. basically in that order. What it reads last, is what it uses in the game. This is why default skins are shown in place of EA skins in the program, or tuning mods work instead of base files.

Xmls are generally found in gamedata. Again... Always make a copy, and never alter the program files!!! (Unless you really know what you are doing) You must reload the game to fix those files! Someone may know other, but...

As xmls and ITUNs are commonly rewritten, often, the same xml is rewritten for different reasons by different modders, which can create fun problems to solve. Difficult to find all conflicts, and many will list the reskey used so you must see if it is same as another mod, as often the name is changed, but same reskey... which is what the game reads. )))

And yes, you can change a lot in Bars xml, including outfits for bartenders and piano players. )))