Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2022 at 7:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default New Sims 3 installation "A serious error has occurred loading "Name.world""
Okay, I get the message "A serious error has occurred loading "Name.world"". every time I try to load my game. This is a new game. There is no save file. This happened after I had my computer sent out for repairs. I reinstalled several times. I removed the files from the electronic arts folder so the game would make new ones. I unchecked the "read only" box. I cleaned the registry. I reset my entire computer to factory conditions. I tried with and without CC. I got it to work when I deleted anything with the word "cache" in the sims 3 folder. The problem was it only worked until I ran the game and it made more cache files. I could settle for deleting caches every time I play, but I would need to know which cache deletes my installed worlds. If someone could tell me that, or what to do to fix the problem in general, I would really appreciate it.

Here are the system specs:

Device name DESKTOP-T7TBCJR
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4000M CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
Device ID 251BFFE1-7B15-4985-9E8F-B0F3420981A6
Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA983
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎2/‎28/‎2022
OS build 19044.1586
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2022 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
what kind of a world is called Name?

Is this happening to every world or a specific world? Is this a CC world or EA world?

I am so sorry, there is no world called Name. It happens with every world (CC and EA) and I made up the name for a quick example.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 8:35 AM
Is the world installed as a sims3pack or package?
I've had trouble with some worlds (and lots) installed as a sims3pack and when I changed them to a package file they worked.
Files explained - https://www.nraas.net/community/Sim...er-Contents-FAQ
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 4:31 PM
Okay, that might explain it. When I run a Windows search for "sims3pack" every world I downloaded from the Sims 3 Store pops u as a sims3pack. I am trying to change them now. I will post an update.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 8:11 PM
I changed every world that came in a Sims3pack to a Package file. It's still not working.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 10:10 PM
Okay, this has to be the weirdest solution ever. I made a new Windows account on my PC. I made it for a non-family member and selected the "this person does not have a Microsoft account" option. I added my Microsoft account later, but MY GAME WORKS NOW. It didn't work when I reset my whole PC, but that did. I don't know why. Thank you for your time and help. I truly apreciate it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Apr 2022 at 12:41 AM
Nevermind! I was WRONG. I loaded it to actually play and it started the SAME thing all over again. I removed my sims 3 folder an replaced it with my mom's sims 3 folder from her computer and STILL got nothing. I still need help.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Apr 2022 at 12:57 AM
Do you have your Documents folder synched to cloud storage (for example, your One Drive)? If so, unsynch the Sims 3 folder and try again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Apr 2022 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Do you have your Documents folder synched to cloud storage (for example, your One Drive)? If so, unsynch the Sims 3 folder and try again.

Yes, I do. Let me get that unsynched.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Apr 2022 at 6:48 PM
It still doesn't load.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 1st Apr 2022 at 7:47 PM
Where/what folder did you put the packaged game?
Inventor
#14 Old 1st Apr 2022 at 11:25 PM
This might be a really simple solution but are you leaving your sims 3 folder open when you try to launch the game?
The only reason I ask this is because I will have game files open (checking on something) and then try to launch my game and I get past where I pick my save or start a new game then I crash with an error. 9 times out of 10 it's because I have something open for the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 1:38 AM
I am sorry everyone! My internet died. It's back now. Apparently the problem was that after I changed my cloud storage settings so it is not synching the game folder, I had to delete the game files, let the game make new ones and then re-install my CC and store content. It works just fine now and has for two days, so I think it's safe to post that now. Thank you all for your help and support.