Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2022 at 2:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Game crashes when launched via ts3w.exe, works fine via ccmagic
So, help?
I added and updated some of my .package files and everything was working fine. game opens, runs and saves fine using ccmagic as launcher, but for some reason, refuses to open as I normally do, clicking the ts3w.exe shortcut.
So far I already tried to:
restart computer (no success);
roll back some windows updates (no success);
cleaned cache and rebuilt all my ccmagic packages (no new bugs in ccmagic launch, no solution for ts3w.exe);
opened my 'test' sims 3 folder (worked perfectly);
created a clean sims 3 install folder (worked fine too);
added my mods folder to this clean install (crashed);
deleted cache from my sims 3 old folder (no success);
removed my whole mods folder from my sims 3 folder (worked fine);
removed only the 'cache' folder and left the 'package' folder from my sims 3 folder (crashed);
*which makes no sense to me. In my mods folder there are only a few important mods that I haven't messed with lately. poseplayer addon in on 'package' folder and poseplayer itself it's on 'cache' (merged ccmagic packaged), but I removed the addon when I took the cache folder out

my latest crash log is also here:
Attached files:
File Type: txt  xcpt DESKTOP-C8C8D3I 22-05-30 10.45.01.txt (21.8 KB, 5 downloads)