Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 12:51 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Meadow Thayer comes home from work with Adult Sim?
Recently installed the Sims 2 via Origin (UC) and LazyDuchess launcher. I do have the recommended antiregen mods installed. Anyway, I have a relatively new Sim that is in the military career. Twice now he has brought home Meadow Thayer from work with him! What is wrong I wonder?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 1:21 AM
I've had similar situations before where my sims keep bringing the same sim from work exclusively over and over again, including teens and young adults (from college, which is even weirder because they don't have jobs). There is a strange occurrence where a chance card results in your sim bringing over a co-worker, but to my understanding (with this specific chance card), the game just picks one random sim to be that co-worker, even if they're not even in that career, and your sim will keep bringing them home from work every single time.

I find it very annoying and the only solution I have for this is using the mod Work & Bring Home Friend Dialog. This mod asks you whether your sim can bring the co-worker over or not, so you can refuse for them to show up at your home.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
I've had similar situations before where my sims keep bringing the same sim from work exclusively over and over again, including teens and young adults (from college, which is even weirder because they don't have jobs). There is a strange occurrence where a chance card results in your sim bringing over a co-worker, but to my understanding (with this specific chance card), the game just picks one random sim to be that co-worker, even if they're not even in that career, and your sim will keep bringing them home from work every single time.

I find it very annoying and the only solution I have for this is using the mod Work & Bring Home Friend Dialog. This mod asks you whether your sim can bring the co-worker over or not, so you can refuse for them to show up at your home.

Thanks for your reply! I don't mind if he brings her home but I thought because she was a teen my game was "off" as I've never had it happen before
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 9:08 PM
Its because its a hobby chance card and the game is choosing a sim who has enough hobby points in that particular hobby. You need cyjon's hobby friend sanity mod http://cyjon.net/node/409
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fearless Butterfly
Its because its a hobby chance card and the game is choosing a sim who has enough hobby points in that particular hobby. You need cyjon's hobby friend sanity mod http://cyjon.net/node/409

Thanks so much!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandy2Simmer
Recently installed the Sims 2 via Origin (UC) and LazyDuchess launcher. I do have the recommended antiregen mods installed. Anyway, I have a relatively new Sim that is in the military career. Twice now he has brought home Meadow Thayer from work with him! What is wrong I wonder?

I also had this happen recently with an NPC being brought home from work every single day due to a hobby chance card. I put the batbox on the lot for something else and noticed it had an option to nuke forced visitors, which I'd never seen before. I clicked it and it said 1 object fixed or removed - I don't quite remember. But my sim comes home from work alone now, so I recommend trying that.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.