Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #3: Five Studio Lamps *UPD 08feb08*

by Numenor Posted 27th Dec 2004 at 8:25 PM - Updated 9th Oct 2008 at 1:31 PM by -Maylin-

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 70 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Field Researcher
#26 Old 2nd Jan 2005 at 11:54 AM
Great find thank you :thumb:
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mutantbunny
Numenor: I love this lamp. But it came up in my game as a conflicting GUID (thru SimPE.) I loaded it anyway and it loaded fine....wondering what is actually happening with the GUID conflict...?

Also: I have been trying to find where I downloaded the hidden wall that looked like it was inner wall framing. Did you find that too? If so where can I find it. I've searched thru the forum and with the Engine but I can't turn it up again. It also had a problem and won't let me load HC--so I dumped it and now I want it back. Help?

Sorry for answering you this late, but lately I had much work to do...!

The conflicting GUID is not a problem: in order to let the lamp appear in the catalog, I had to "clone" the original Object data, along with its GUID, and alter only the catalog displacement values. But the original Object Data is still into the objects.package, so SimPE gets confused and alerts you about a GUID that conflicts... with itself!

As for the wall, I really don't know what you are talking about... Sorry!
Instructor
#28 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:30 AM
ooooh la la la !! :thumb:
#29 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 8:31 AM
Default Brain Damage
Quote: Originally posted by Mutantbunny
Also: I have been trying to find where I downloaded the hidden wall that looked like it was inner wall framing. Did you find that too? If so where can I find it. I've searched thru the forum and with the Engine but I can't turn it up again. It also had a problem and won't let me load HC--so I dumped it and now I want it back. Help?

I think you are looking for the Brain Damage Eclipse Wall found by wes_h
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 4th Jan 2005 at 5:18 AM
Looks great , but whats maxis lost and found 1 and 2? I can't find the theards
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 4th Jan 2005 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2DW
Looks great , but whats maxis lost and found 1 and 2? I can't find the theards

Here are the links:

Maxis "Lost & Found" #1

Maxis "Lost & Found" #2

But don't expect anything as cute as this lamp...!
Test Subject
#32 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 7:51 PM
This isn't the CAS lamp because that one is part of the whole set. The whole set is one object. There are basically 2 objects in CAS besides the window: one for the picture taking area (cameras, background, etc.) and one for the building your sims side (mirror, wall pictures, etc.). But my point is that this isn't that one, just fyi. Nice find.
Forum Resident
#33 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tdillo
I think you are looking for the Brain Damage Eclipse Wall found by wes_h

Thank you!
Theorist
#34 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 9:16 PM
Way cool! I always wonder why on earth they hid stuff like this. Maybe they just know people out there love digging a few things out of the game.
Mesh Maestro
#35 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 9:34 PM Last edited by JWoods : 16th Feb 2005 at 9:35 PM. Reason: typo
it does look a bit like the CAS light (I spend to much time in the CAS lot LOL) but its cool and still a good find...
I also spend a lot of time searching packages for something hidden or unique..

Thanks for sharing your findings...
Field Researcher
#36 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 10:23 PM
wouldn't this be nice for an art studio, too? thanks for this.
Test Subject
#37 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
Way cool! I always wonder why on earth they hid stuff like this. Maybe they just know people out there love digging a few things out of the game.

NOTE: 'Sims 2 - The Game' has not shipped yet... What you have installed is...

'Sims 2 - The Opening Credits Manufacturing Tool' - Crippled Demo Version.

TS2-Game will ship in 7 installments over the next few years, cunningly disguised as 'expansion packs' for TS2-CreditsTool.

Hope this helps!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 11:33 PM
<sarcasm>Dude, do you work for EA or something?!</sarcasm>

It's soooo true... and if you look at it, the "groovy" and "medieval" themes were both included in Living Large, Sims EP1
Test Subject
#39 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kassarc16
<sarcasm>Dude, do you work for EA or something?!</sarcasm>

It's soooo true... and if you look at it, the "groovy" and "medieval" themes were both included in Living Large, Sims EP1

Hell, watch the tv in the sims

SBN - sim hospital, two of the career rewards as props, another in the simmayors speech, simvac and energizer plus superhero and villain costumes in 'mighty morphing poswe sims' over on kidstv.

On the subject of the studio lamp, actually there are FOUR...

Lamp Floor Studio Umbrella diffuser
Box diffuser
Boom lamp
Barn Door

In simpe, the object cloning tool, browse down the 'grouped objects' list past all the normal categories to 'other' where the cars and meals are and you will find the 4 studio lights.
Test Subject
#40 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 8:32 AM
thanks for this I allways wondered why maxis gave us a
camera without studiolight it seemed kinda dumb! Thanks again
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 8:47 AM
Actually, the camera came with the University EP, and this lamp has always been hidden into the standard game.
In the EP there are more hidden studio lamp (an entire set!): browse the download forum (lighting section) and you'll find them (I don't remember who posted them).
Field Researcher
#42 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 10:28 AM
it is beautiful, thanks for finding it, I am going to put it in your tree house, thanks.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 1:03 AM
amazing! You are great for finding this and uploading it for us! I wonder why they didn't include it when everything is perfectly fine with it.. Maybe they just wanted people like you to have fun looking for it hehe.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 6:44 PM
I have a sim in the photography career path that I downloaded. This would be perfect for them, thanks for sharing Numenor.
Test Subject
#45 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 2:41 PM
Hawt!! Great for talk-show movies!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simfull Serpent
NOTE: 'Sims 2 - The Game' has not shipped yet... What you have installed is...

'Sims 2 - The Opening Credits Manufacturing Tool' - Crippled Demo Version.

TS2-Game will ship in 7 installments over the next few years, cunningly disguised as 'expansion packs' for TS2-CreditsTool.

Hope this helps!

Freakin EA, always trying to stuff their fingers into ALL the pies.. :swear: ..and then eat them...........as if they havent got enough money as it is, :cranky:
thanks to numenor for such a good find, where would we be without him guys?! :bow2:

Professional 3D designer (MAYA, 3D Studio Max) & Texture artist- Always happy to help !xx
Test Subject
#47 Old 27th Dec 2005 at 3:08 AM
Now that I think of it, doesnt the CAS waiting area remind you of the Photography set from The Sims 1 Superstar? (Minus the whinny photographer )
Field Researcher
#48 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 9:22 PM
u are a genius.thx for ur amazing finds and creations u give us
all the best!

DON`T TAKE CREDIT FOR MY WORK!
You may use my work but please give proper credit.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 6:28 AM
I guess this is my second time posting something, not really though. I have, but I have been doing it in quick reply. Sorry folks. I want to say thank you though. I have been saying in other posts that these ideas I am getting really help me to be a better simmer.

This is my confessional. Bye!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 2:25 PM
omg awesome thanks soo much!
Page 2 of 4