Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 5:07 PM
Default Dont be embarresed to post!
If you have anything,ANYTHING at all to post,just do so.
As long as it is: PG-13 and aproves to all rules.
Even if you'd like,you can show your work and get comments about it,is it good or does it need improvement. Do you need help or anything that involves The Sims 2. It may take time to look for but you'll find a person. That's up to your people. And by your people i mean the people that see your post.

Have fun.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 6:17 AM
Love TS2. I am probably being unfair to TS3, since I haven't played it. $60.00 seems a bit steep for an experiment. So my thought is with all the AMAZING things out there for TS2, why bother. Love the community around TS2 and love the game. So, I'll just stay in Pleasantview and have fun!

http://lifedownloaded.shutterfly.com
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 4:59 PM
I have bought the Sims 3 myself and played it for about a year, but I always end up going back to Sims 2 because I just feel there's more to do and It's better in my opinion.

lalalalala!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skittlescutie8
I have bought the Sims 3 myself and played it for about a year, but I always end up going back to Sims 2 because I just feel there's more to do and It's better in my opinion.

Totally agreed... I installed the sims 3 at the same moment it came out... I played it... and I couldn't find just one reason to play it for any longer... I found myself totally dissapointed and bored... Then I went back to my Sims 2 and sometimes I even play the sims 1... I think is funnier...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 12:08 AM
Just a reg'lar talky Tina.
I came to speak my mind over the subject of the Sims 2 vs. the Sims 3, seeing as how this will, no doubt, be the most heated discussion up for debate for most simmers for quite some time. :]

I had to pay $70 for my Sims 3 game, which is ridiculously priced. Even the expansions' prices, along with the "Store" in the Sims 3 site, make me wanna shake the people who upped the purchase price to "they're probably morons, so let's up the ante". (Though, when you think about it, at the time, TS2 pricing was sort of shocking too, wasn't it?) But there are many people over on the TS3 website who will tell you that if you don't want to deal with the prices, then don't and that there's no point in complaining because it won't change anything. Now that could be true. Actually, it could very well be true. But I'd rather not have such a bleak outlook that there's no helping the "inevitable" or whatever. That's total bull. Things can always change, if enough people speak out against whatever they believe to be as such. At least, I hope so.

The Sims 3 is also turning out to be quite... boring. I mean, at first it was entertaining, but that could've been only because of the rush of adrenalyne and excitement one got from being hyped up over the idea of the newest addition to the Sims games. But, of course, it's too early in TS3's life to give up on it, right? So I'm still trying to keep an open mind to the prospect that it'll get better. But just like the Sims 2 will never compare to the Sims, nor will the Sims 3 ever compare to the greatness that was the Sims 2. (Which I still play, actually. ) And with TS3 Late Night coming out, you can see it's striving to become great, just like the game's older brothers.

So whether or not the Sims 3 becomes an awesome, want-to-play game like the Sims 2 was (and still is) is up to the people behind the game and their ability to listen to what the people want. What the simmers want, I mean. If the Sims 3 does somehow become better than 2, which seems unlikely at this point in time, then I may have to leave this group if I'm to be honest with myself. But as of now, the Sims 2 is still my favorite - and no matter what, I will always have a place for it in my heart, just like the original will always be in my memory. This is where the phrase "good times" shows promise.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 11:58 PM
It's certainly true the fact that The Sims 3 is still quite new... just 2 expansions Vs. 8 ... and we as players are wating that more great things and playability could be developed in the upcoming expansion packs... But in the other hand remains the fact that Sims 3 is a great game, very well made with a low potential... I mean.. Sims 2 cannot be compared with Sims 1 in so many points of view just Like... Graphics, Playability, interactions, etc... same to the sims 3 vs sims 2... Better graphic effects, more options, better playability... Somehow there's one point that must be considered... The surprising factor or a wow factor... in other words... The special things that make you stay in front of your computer for hours, days and months... a very enthusiastic vibe created with all of the exciting things that you can discover moment by moment when you're playing it... And I belive so many people think the same way I do about this... Sims 3 is a "little" boring... there's no wow factor... I mean at the first time I heard the Sims 3 was gonna be created I was so excited about it... and the first thing I remembered I said was: OMG If The Sims 2 was a wayyyy way better than Sims 1... I can't even imagine how the Sims 3 are gonna be... But when I finally play it I got dissapointed for sure... and my first impresion was: WTH?? This is like sims 2 but with better graphics... just like another expansion pack... It's true the graphics are way better but... what about the global concept of the game? New THINGS!!! New ways to play!! This doesn't surprise me at all... But this is just my point of view of course... All I have to say is that TS2 got me from the start because of all of the new things, the new ways to play with, etc... also the SIMS 1 did, because of the premiere... but TS3 didn't,,, and I'm still wating for it... It's a quite well made game but with a very low playability potential... So far it has nothing new to offer... It's just the same thing, what makes you belive this is just a publicity strategy for selling a new product and not a new creation. I really hope it can get better with the upcoming expansions.

Subete wa ugoki dashita
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 3:15 PM
My friend has the game, and so I have tried it out a bit. I would like to point something out. Lots of people say that the sims 3 graphics are better etc... But from the movies people have made, pictures, and my friend's copy of the sims 3, frankly, I disagree. The sims in TS2 are beautiful and unique. In TS3 they all seem to have pinched faces O.o Also When you create them it's so hard to make them look good. They're either too fat or too thin! I'm DEFINITALY sticking to TS2!
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemosisa
The sims in TS2 are beautiful and unique. In TS3 they all seem to have pinched faces

So true!
It's love hate relationship to TS3 for me. But I'm sticking to TS2, 100%.
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 12:33 AM
Like in DigitTM's post, she stated something about brothers. You know how occasionally you'll have a little brother that's bigger than you instead of smaller? That happened with the Sims 1 to the Sims 2. However, I think the Sims 3 was more of a step down from the Sims 2- a normal little brother. Less social interactions, no memories, strange graphics, and definitely decreasing the difficulty level from the Sims 2 were all things included in the Sims 3. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good qualities in the Sims 3- although it just doesn't outmatch Sims 2. There are some things that I liked in Sims 3 that weren't in Sims 2- e.g. aging/story progression. But like I said, the Sims 2 wins this round.
Banned
#10 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 11:14 PM
sims 3 is rubbish and the only thing they have done is made graphics look nice i mean how good is that for anyone. making the graphics look good dosen't make the game any better speaking of the game play it is awful everything is timed whichs is ****** annoying and i hate the new verison of night life they did. it was not as good as trailer said it was like all the other sims 3 trailers they look better on there than it actuarlly looks when you play on it. there are so many things i hate adout like all stupid pacths which you need to get the cutsom content for it! if i was to say all the pordlems whith sims 3 it would take for ever.

sims 2 is way better, no stupid patchs, no annoying timers and most imporantly off all best all round for sims 2.

but what do you think adout the sims medieval?
Banned
#11 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemosisa
My friend has the game, and so I have tried it out a bit. I would like to point something out. Lots of people say that the sims 3 graphics are better etc... But from the movies people have made, pictures, and my friend's copy of the sims 3, frankly, I disagree. The sims in TS2 are beautiful and unique. In TS3 they all seem to have pinched faces O.o Also When you create them it's so hard to make them look good. They're either too fat or too thin! I'm DEFINITALY sticking to TS2!
i agree none of the faces on sims 3 look nice and it always does'nt work for me it keeps crasching or the qulaitly keeps changeing.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 10:13 AM
I've played TS2 since about 2005 when it came out of the GameCube and have loved it dearly ever since and even more so when I got my own PC copy. At first I used the maxis stuff and started working on my own neighborhood (which eventually was scrapped since I loved Pleasantview's lovely layout and easy customizability). What first brought me here was my cousin. I first played the PC TS2 at her house and was curious about her special objects that were in her game (namely crammyboy's infamous mod *wink*) and she mentioned this site. I was skeptical about putting anything into my game in fear of it crashing or something going wrong. now I have nearly 2gb of custom content and mods and have even made some of my own stuff. I used to have TS3 for the Xbox 360 but didn't fall in love with it as I had with TS2. The faces were all the same, no matter what gender or structure I changed it to, the textures seemed all plasticy and fake, and I soon deemed the game "Sims 3: Barbie edition". Concluding this, yeah, I'm convinced that TS2 is superior to TS3. There is still a ton of CC available for TS2 players and it still continues to be created even though TS3 has been out for nearly 2 years now. Live on, TS2!!!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 5:22 PM Last edited by Lucia940 : 8th Oct 2012 at 11:01 PM.
Is there anyone still in this group?? I wanted to start a thread to see who is still modding for sims 2 and making careers.

October: I assume since I posted this last month and there was no reply, I must be alone on this thread..........
Scholar
#14 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 9:59 AM
no your not i'm new and i'll be active

sims 3 in my opinion is just...bad but sims 4 is worse

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr