Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 7:08 PM
Default The Sims 2 Site closing January 14, 2013
Sad to see the site go down next month...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 9:29 PM
No wonder whenever I tried to download something it took FOREVER. Am I the only one expeiriencing this?

Any machinima support or tips sent to me will be VERY much appreciated!
I love the MTS Community!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 9:30 PM
We should take all the files and host them on a website or something so we can have everything with us before it closes...

Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 6:18 AM
i downloaded all the patches for the game+ expansions packs if anyone needs them
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 8:05 AM
I think EA can still make a fair buck out of TS2, or are they doing this just to press the sims 3 on us? Anyway, they'll be doing the same to the TS3 website within the next 5 years, I'll bet you.

Just Call me Square!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 1:35 AM
Pssh, TS3, is so frickin boring. I hate the game. Tried playing it once. Got epically bored. And realized that game wasn't for me. They close all of the Sims sites, when they become what is the word? Outdated? Then they bring up a new site, and move on. Its like.

KEEP THE OTHER SITES! SO WE CAN REMEMBER THE AWESOME TIMES

In my opinion, the Sims series is starting to get worse and worse as it goes by. Sims 3 takes to damn long to load. Sims 2 is starting to die out. And the other Sims games for the Consoles, well, they are dead. Forget them -.-"

But for EA to continue their run with their "Sims" games, is just getting rather sad. I honestly miss the Sims on the console, I am not sure why, I just do. I miss the old websites as well. You got to read up on bios. It brought back a lot of memories. But hey, what can we say. When things get outdated, they are no longer needed -.-" In which, I can't say is true. Aged Wine is good and so are old games. RETRO BABY!

Don't ask, but I wish they would have kept the old sites -.-"

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 9:09 AM
I was just trying to make a point, in 2011 or 2010 they closed THE SIMS site, the original, which without, there would be no TS2 (or TS3) now in 2013 they're closing a game which is still good to today, but EA attitude (and also the majority of people's too) is that newer is always better. Who cares if in one game you have moon cycles (sims 3) if in another you had Home Businesses (TS2) or An entire magic village (TS).
Sorry but we are just in a throwaway world, if it has a newer version, it's not as good. Or to put my previous statement in another way Who cares if a games best EP's main feature is being able to run a shop or a factory with robots (TS2 Open for Business) It's older than the game who's best EP's main features are being able to make sparkly twilight vampires in CAS and lunar cycles! (TS3 Supernatural) I am stating an opinion that is the complete opposite to my own just there, not mine, just everyone else's :P

Just Call me Square!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 6:17 PM
Welp all we can do is try to download all the files on the sims 2 site to save them from getting deleted.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 9:52 AM
Only thing about that, I can't log in!

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 1:16 PM
They closed the portal for log-ins already. There's no way to get that custom content on your hands unless you own their server.

squaretable: I agree. It feels like we sims 2-players don't even exist to ea anymore! The new things are always the best. Bah.

I wonder what The Almighty Will Wright would say about this?

Quote:
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm. - Colette
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 12:55 AM
OMG I JUST FOUND OUT HOW WE CAN SAVE THE CONTENT!

Ok, if you have EVER downloaded from TS2 before:

1. Download ANY .rar or .zip
2.At the top of the file directory there will be a folder then a .. ! Double click that.
3. You will see all the downloads you have ever opened.. and guess what? Some of those files will be the .sims2packs you opened before EA announced the closing!

Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 12:42 AM
I wish someone was smart enough to create a replica of thesims2.com c: Oh nahhh I doubt it I really hate to see the site go! I can't believe the closed the login portals after saying that we could download before the demolition date. I mean TS3 is...is...I can't even....its just...Ugh it sucks PERIOD. Now what I have to say to EA for doing this to us. *Gathers angry mob* "We strike at midnight." I saw some really amazing CC in the exchange today and I just want to grab it! But I can't, boo to you EA.

If anyone finds a way to tip toe around this or finds a way to grab the CC files orrrrrr makes a site like thesims2.com You got to share that with your fellow community members bruh haha

I will miss you TS2
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 12:49 AM
It redirects to the TS3 website. Figures.

***INSERT SIGNATURE HERE***
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by roflcoptersoisoisoi
It redirects to the TS3 website. Figures.

Why didn't I predict this? Dang it, EA. Dang you.
Instructor
#15 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 2:18 AM
I know this is kind of an old thread, but if anyone see's this...
You can use an archive called the Wayback Machine (Search it on Google.)
Type in the Sims 2's website and you can look at previous versions of the website still!

Sorry if I broke any rules, I'll be going now.
Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thesammy58
Type in the Sims 2's website and you can look at previous versions of the website still!

I just checked. It says that the entries are all gone. You go on there, and there's no entries. Cool site though! I just wish sims2 was still up, it was easier to download cc from there...
Field Researcher
#17 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:26 PM
No wonder I can't go online in sims 2.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 2:41 AM
This is expected to happen any minute for TS3. They already stopped making sets, and I think I heard they fired the set makers already.

It's okay though. TS2 is better than TS3. I just wish that EA would keep all their sites. It's just that it's expensive to keep them all running which makes me wonder why didn't they make an offer such as this for TS2?..

"Dear TS2 fans,
we will be closing down the TS2 site in January due to budget costs but, if someone truly wants to keep this running, we could negotiate this. If someone were to pay for the costs, we would gladly keep it open for our hardcore TS2 fans.

Thank you,
The Sims 2 Team".

I wish so very hard that this letter I just wrote would be the TS2 Team's notice instead of the cruel letter it had been. I wish the site was still running, because I had never experienced it. I wish that more expansion packs were being made. I wish that TS2 would of have never lost so many players.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thesammy58

Yeah, thanks. And, about that, here's the link from The Sims 2 website I found thanks to Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/2010020...hesims2.ea.com/

:)
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 11:57 AM
Hey I know this thread hasn't had a reply for 9 months but I'm new and I have so much to say about this topic (or at least, I think it's a lot).

Firstly, I have that picture on a scrabble tile (got it for my birthday) Payoli_23! Nice to see other people know about it.

Secondly, I'm really gonna miss TS2. Well, actually, I only play TS2 and I can't get my hands on anything that could run the later games, but I know that hardly anyone plays it anymore and that makes me very sad. I am trying to figure out whether or not my hoods are corrupted right now (you can find the thread in the TS2 help section if you wanna help me out here!) and it reminded me how much I love my "baby".
My sister's fiancee told me a very scary thought a few months back and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it - soon, they'll stop selling computers that can run old games like TS2. It'll have died out and - like you say, Yazoo - we won't have any memories to look back on.

Well, TS4's out now and I have a strange but correct feeling that by the time I can get a computer that will be able to run it, that will have died out too. I'm always late with The Sims - always have been, always will be... And I always boot up my computer and think, "Why can't this be cool? Nothing I love is cool. No one plays this anymore and everyone has forgotten about it. They think I'm late, stupid and they probably think I don't know that there are newer games out."

So yeah, that's my thoughts on everything.

See you in the past!
Jade