Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bayside Flats: Inhabited/Base Game/No CC/Storied Neighborhood

by Hood Building Group Posted 25th May 2015 at 8:25 PM - Updated 6th May 2018 at 4:12 PM by Hood Building Group

110 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 73 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 25th May 2015 at 8:51 PM
Wow! This is so cool! Great work! I can't wait to jump in and see if I can solve the mystery! Thanks for all your hard work!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#27 Old 25th May 2015 at 9:09 PM
Boo, I was just about to go to bed, and now I HAVE TO PLAY THIS! I have work in the morning, you know! :-P

I'm so exciting about playing this 'hood, thank you all for your hard work in putting it together. I can't wait to get started! :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 25th May 2015 at 10:04 PM
Excited to play in this town!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#29 Old 25th May 2015 at 11:08 PM
Very excited to play and solve the mystery, thank you for another amazing neighbourhood!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 25th May 2015 at 11:52 PM
This is incredibly cool! I can't wait to play and find the killer!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#31 Old 26th May 2015 at 1:12 AM
YAY!!! *wishes we had "like" buttons*
I'm glad you think it looks fun - I hope you enjoy playing it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:05 AM
Thanks! This looks interesting, I'm always in for a murder mystery.
Instructor
#33 Old 26th May 2015 at 3:50 PM Last edited by Sandy2Simmer : 26th May 2015 at 4:33 PM.
Thanks for bringing us a new neighborhood!! I am looking forward to starting this one! As always, love your presentation and attention to detail!

Edited to ask: How do I generate NPC's? The townies I think I can do without
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 26th May 2015 at 4:18 PM
You all are great!! Thanks a lot for sharing!
Scholar
#35 Old 26th May 2015 at 4:19 PM
Wow. I like seeing populated neighbourhoods show up, but I always think, "Eh, my megahood's too big anyway, let others play this." This time, seeing the story and the characters made me start thinking I could so easily attach yet one more shopping district and work the storyline into my own Monty vs. Capp one... I probably won't unless there's a lot of deaths in my megahood, but as someone who plays darkish storylines involving murder and mayhem, I approve of this hood!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#36 Old 26th May 2015 at 6:32 PM
Awesome! I'm always up for a good mystery. Thank you.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#37 Old 26th May 2015 at 7:20 PM
@Sandy2Simmer To generate the NPCs. Open the cheatbox by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + C at the same time. Type in "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" exactly like that (no extra spaces or caps) without the quotes. Be very careful using this cheat; it's the most powerful cheat in the game and you can really screw things up if you don't know what you're doing. Make sure you type in "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false" before you save your game, otherwise you could destroy your neighborhood. If you get any error messages during this process, press reset, not cancel or delete.

After you've enabled the cheat, click on your active sim while pressing SHIFT. This will give you a whole new menu of options. Click "Spawn..." and then click "NPC and Townie Maker". A dead tree/gun will appear next to you.

Open the cheatbox again and type "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false". You don't need boolprop to use the NPC and Townie Maker.

Click "generate NPCs" and the game will make new NPCs for you! Your game will probably slow down considerably while it's generating the NPCs. This is normal, just be patient and wait it out.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Instructor
#38 Old 26th May 2015 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
@Sandy2Simmer To generate the NPCs. Open the cheatbox by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + C at the same time. Type in "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" exactly like that (no extra spaces or caps) without the quotes. Be very careful using this cheat; it's the most powerful cheat in the game and you can really screw things up if you don't know what you're doing. Make sure you type in "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false" before you save your game, otherwise you could destroy your neighborhood. If you get any error messages during this process, press reset, not cancel or delete.

After you've enabled the cheat, click on your active sim while pressing SHIFT. This will give you a whole new menu of options. Click "Spawn..." and then click "NPC and Townie Maker". A dead tree/gun will appear next to you.

Open the cheatbox again and type "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false". You don't need boolprop to use the NPC and Townie Maker.

Click "generate NPCs" and the game will make new NPCs for you! Your game will probably slow down considerably while it's generating the NPCs. This is normal, just be patient and wait it out.

Thank you Jawusa!! I have in my Downloads folder these files: antiredundancy and noo townieregen packages. Will it be ok to leave these in there?
Trainee Moderator
#39 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:04 PM
If you have antiredundancy, then you don't need to generate the NPCs. They will spawn automatically when they're needed. For instance, if you want to adopt a child, a new Social Worker will be generated.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#40 Old 26th May 2015 at 10:21 PM
THANK YOU!!! I added this to my game earlier today and LOVE it. This really is a bright, interesting, lovely town suddenly unsettled by a series of unfortunate events. Miss Marple would feel quite in her element here!
Trainee Moderator
#41 Old 26th May 2015 at 10:35 PM
Thank you guys for downloading. I hope you enjoy playing it!

My Simblr
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#42 Old 26th May 2015 at 10:39 PM
I tried to install it on my computer using WinRAR and when I went to load the game, the neighborhood isn't there. I put it in the neighborhoods folder. Is there something specific I have to do to install it?
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#43 Old 26th May 2015 at 11:45 PM
This makes the game fresh again! Creative and nifty!
Those poor O'Deth kids. Can they stay together without an adult in the family?
Ooooh, mystery!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 27th May 2015 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by teafortwo
THANK YOU!!! I added this to my game earlier today and LOVE it. This really is a bright, interesting, lovely town suddenly unsettled by a series of unfortunate events. Miss Marple would feel quite in her element here!

Funny, I actually added an Agatha Christie-inspired character to my game.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 27th May 2015 at 3:10 AM
Are you going to post the solution eventually or is this more open ended like the Skip Broke/Bella Goth theories? Is there one definite answer?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#46 Old 27th May 2015 at 5:08 AM
Well.... @puzalickers85 - There is a definite one answer. BUT, there are also many ways you could go with the story. We tried to make it as open-ended as possible. Have fun with it, and let us know where the characters take you
Instructor
#47 Old 27th May 2015 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
If you have antiredundancy, then you don't need to generate the NPCs. They will spawn automatically when they're needed. For instance, if you want to adopt a child, a new Social Worker will be generated.

Thank you for your reply-you have been a great help to me! :lovestruc
Trainee Moderator
#48 Old 27th May 2015 at 12:41 PM
@puzalickers85
Quote: Originally posted by puzalickers85
I tried to install it on my computer using WinRAR and when I went to load the game, the neighborhood isn't there. I put it in the neighborhoods folder. Is there something specific I have to do to install it?

Try removing the NeighborhoodManager.package and see whether it shows up or not. If not, then take out the entire Neighborhoods folder and let the game generate the default neighborhoods. Now quit the game and open your old "Neighborhoods" folder and delete the NeighborhoodManager.package. Then, go to your newly generated Neighborhoods folder and remove all of the neighborhood folders. This time, don't delete the NeighborhoodManager.package. Copy your old Neighborhoods folder into The Sims 2 folder. Agree with merging the folders and open up the game. Then, it should appear in your game.

Good luck!

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#49 Old 28th May 2015 at 2:15 AM Last edited by MileyTheSimmer : 28th May 2015 at 2:37 AM.
I just opened the hood today for the first time, I had a couple of problems probably because of Gunmod's Camera Mod. I have attached a picture of how the neighbourhood looked like, I also had another problem with the 'Moutardes' family. When I opened the lot it was in buy mode, I turned it to live mode and I couldn't control Cher or do anything, Nothing appeared except for the little menu that lets you turn into different modes. I'm going to take out the camera mod and check if everything is fixed.
Edit: Everything works except for the Moutardes household, I still can't control Cher. I checked all the other households & I can control them.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#50 Old 28th May 2015 at 3:25 AM
@MileyTheSimmer I'm sorry you are having a problem with the hood but I just went and redownloaded it and it works great, I open the Moutardes' family house and she was out by the graves and it was pause in live mode.

Try this, remove your downloads folder and remove the BF01 folder out and unrar a new copy and place it in and try it. If this does not work try and redownload a new copy.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Page 2 of 5