Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bayside Flats: Inhabited/Base Game/No CC/Storied Neighborhood

by Hood Building Group Posted 25th May 2015 at 8:25 PM - Updated 6th May 2018 at 4:12 PM by Hood Building Group

110 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 73 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Mad Poster
#76 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 1:29 AM Last edited by grammapat : 19th Jun 2015 at 1:43 AM.
In my hood. Cher doesn't actually own the Deli, it's just a community lot. Don't know how you would play it as a business anyway, the way it's set up with regular stoves. I added Wide Spot as a sub hood. FUN! When I first opened Keller, he wanted to make zombies of his 4 dead relatives; I didn't know if YOU could have set this up - but I can't find their graves anyway. AND he wants to be a criminal; am I correct that LTW are randomly generated? I've been playing carefully, so as not to get too involved changing relationships, etc before figuring stuff out. But so far:
Chace was seen playing chess with Widespot resident, Valentine Hart. Hart is a notorious womanizer; Chace seems to be asking if he knows anything about the deaths.

NOTE - neither was playable on this community lot.
Playing Constance on a community lot, Chance showed up and (via ACR) she got a first kiss - from Chance! Then I noticed she was attracted to Widespot's Junior Mann (the OTHER bad guy), so I had her talk, and whistle at him. She only had one bolt for Chace, and they couldn't have really had anything serious going on. But the detective must have thought kissing an innocent woman gave him some rights.

If this wasn't something I HAD created, I would think the detective has some things to answer to. He assaulted a woman he had only kissed one time, just for whistling at another man? He needs to study anger management. And why does it show wedding rings? They weren't engaged were they?

Playing the Douglas family is hard, but the ODeth is even harder; everyone is SO unhappy!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#77 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 6:01 AM
Note: About making the Deli into an actual deli - First, you need OFB. Have Cher buy the Deli. Change out the stoves to the commercial one and add the podium. After that... all should be good
Remember, this hood was made for a base-game configuration with no CC. And things were intentionally left open-ended so you could make it into what YOU wanted - and suit it to your playing style. Have fun with it! I love hearing what the different characters do when they're played by someone else - it's always sooo different

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#78 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 1:50 AM
Thanks. Also, what about Keller's wants (1st time I played him) - he wanted to make a zombie of his 4 dead relatives - was that just a CHANCE roll? And I've looked in EVERY SINGLE lot for their graves, and can't find them. A hint?

I think I will have to start a story, "Murder in Bayside Flats", with chapters about different families.

Mad Poster
#79 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Thanks. Also, what about Keller's wants (1st time I played him) - he wanted to make a zombie of his 4 dead relatives - was that just a CHANCE roll? And I've looked in EVERY SINGLE lot for their graves, and can't find them. A hint?

I think I will have to start a story, "Murder in Bayside Flats", with chapters about different families.

I believe his family's graves are on Cher's lot. Check there.

And about his wants: I guess it's just a chance roll, as you said. We only created the game using BG, so Zombies aren't present without Uni.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 2:57 PM
I've checked Cher's lot. As with all the others (even community and vacant lots), I've looked everywhere; under roofs, in sub-floor, even moved some stuff to see if they've been "hidden". And, as usual, the characters write the story (somewhat), just by CHANCE. Cool!

Mad Poster
#81 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 6:41 PM
The gravestones should be in the back right corner of Cher's property. When I resurrected them for the storytelling pictures everything/everyone worked fine.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#82 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 9:17 PM
OMG how silly of me! For some reason, looking at her lot, I thought I was seeing a lot-line and didn't go past it! The graves are quite obvious.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 6:46 AM
I want this on Sims 2 Double Deluxe (Sims 2 + Nightlife), there's no NeighborhoodTemplate folder, just Neighborhood. Where do I put the downtown subhood?
Mad Poster
#84 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 2:19 PM
@Mxtty you need to open DD and then open EP2 folder and then follow the rest of the instruction.

Here is my path for it. C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\EP2\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate

ADD: I have added this info to the first page.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#85 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
@Mxtty you need to open DD and then open EP2 folder and then follow the rest of the instruction.

Here is my path for it. C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\EP2\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate

ADD: I have added this info to the first page.

Thank you, it works!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 1:31 AM
Okay wait another question. It's messing up. Do I remove the Downtown files or just add them with them? My files currently have both folders. B001 and this one. Do I remove the normal Nightlife one completely from the file?
Mad Poster
#87 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 4:34 AM
No you do not have to remove B001 but you must remember only the first Downtown that gets added will have Sims any other Downtown that gets added will not have any sims in it.

What is messing up?

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#88 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 6:13 AM
Eh, it doesn't matter. It all got resolved after a while. No need to bother it.
Instead I thought I should add my own story here, since everyone else seems to be going their own direction.
I, however, went in my own complete direction, furthering the story even more.

I added 2 new families to spice up the hood. There's the Amberchase family (Matt and Nicky Amberchase), siblings, who live together across the street from Constance Sinclair. They've moved here upon hearing of the murders, and are determined to help Chase Z. find out who it is. But they have growing suspicions on certain subjects..

The second family I moved in was the Aretha household. It is 1 woman, her name is Sia. She dabs in witchcraft, believes that she can conjure spells to make people love her, and has always been called a 'freak' by people who knew her. She has been a registered 'stalker' of the people in the Amberchase household for quite some time, going as far as purchasing a lighthouse just to live near them. Determined to get Matt's heart, she lives alone in her lighthouse, not knowing anything about the murders or the murderer him/herself.

Anyway

My story has probably advanced further than most in the fact that I probably did some things that you guys would recommend I don't. I've had the 'killer' kill more story plot characters to juice up the story. (After playing as all of them for quite some time of course, I allowed some aging to happen)
Now,

I plan on continuing this murder mystery for the final unveil. One, or maybe a few more important story character(s) will die before this mystery is solved.
There are still so many more families and ideas to involve that aren't even here yet. I would love to come back and elaborate my story for you guys if you don't mind. Believe it or not, this is actually a very rushed version of saying what I was elaborating on, lol.

Also, spectacular job. This is probably my favorite downloadable on this entire site. Neighborhoods with a story, that I can actually ELABORATE myself on, are hard to find, and especially something this cunning.

So, thank you guys for making such a perfect neighborhood. I've fallen in love with Bayside Flats again everytime I load up Sims 2.
Mad Poster
#89 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 8:57 PM
Oh YAY!!! @Mxtty - What beautiful words!

I am so glad you like it - and that you can elaborate as you have. That is exactly what/how I wanted this hood to do/function. I'm just sitting here 'smiling' all over the keyboard Everyone plays differently; yet, somehow we're all playing the same game.

I love the way your story is evolving! :lovestruc Please - keep us posted (are you keeping a simblr/journal? I'd love a link!)

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#90 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Oh YAY!!! @Mxtty - What beautiful words!

I am so glad you like it - and that you can elaborate as you have. That is exactly what/how I wanted this hood to do/function. I'm just sitting here 'smiling' all over the keyboard Everyone plays differently; yet, somehow we're all playing the same game.

I love the way your story is evolving! :lovestruc Please - keep us posted (are you keeping a simblr/journal? I'd love a link!)

I'm new here so I didn't know if my version would have made any of you actually happy
I don't know what a simblr is, unfortunately, like I said, I'm new here, I don't exactly know how to do anything yet.

But I do have another elaboration since last night.
I'll put it all in spoiler tags for convenience

If I find out how to do a journal here, I'll get right to it, lol
Mad Poster
#91 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 12:22 AM Last edited by marka93 : 18th Jul 2015 at 12:59 AM.
@Mxtty

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but I for one would like to thank you with a like button but we don't have that option here.

I have made a "What did you do with the Bayside Flats characters?" thread to post your story lines and how you are going about finding the answer to the mystery.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...d=1#post4819141

Normally this thread should be kept for "Thank you" post or asking for help if needed.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 1:21 PM
ok thank
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 4:45 PM
Thanks~ I'm enjoying the hood.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#94 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 11:52 PM Last edited by DizzyBoo : 17th Aug 2015 at 12:11 AM.
I think solved the crime lol it was fun! Now I intend the "killer" to begin wreaking havoc with SimWardrobe's assault rifle lol Well done! And you should make more mystery 'hoods! This is like my favorite now :)
:P
However...I could make the killer be someone else :P

I have moved in seven hot single women into the 'hood and five sexy single men. Just for kicks XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 6:25 PM
I'm really enjoying this neighborhood. Thank you! :-)
Test Subject
#96 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 10:15 PM
I loved the neighborhood, thanks for doing it!
Also I think I have solved the crime. Although I haven't read every deceased sim's bio (like everyone else), I have other theory than the most popular.

First I read every alive sim bio, and I was interested in Fiona's, I read it several times, and I think it looked sarcastic, like if she didn't like her life. Also in the douglas storybook, in the picture where craig and his daughters are playing there is a painting of a soldier (I think it's called "the coward soldier" or something like that) and he is very similar. Plus they live in a castle, so he may have gone to the army and he may have done something really cowardly. Another thing is that in Fiona's room there is champagne, why? so I made chace to analize it, and guess what? the finger prints marked Clyde. So he may have celebrated something with fiona, but what? if their respective spouses have been killed, so I made a theory:
Clyde went to the army with Craig, Craig did something really coward and Clyde wanted revenge. So for the last years he had been looking for him. Also he didn't like his life, too many children and one more?! he couldn't stand it anymore. So he made a plan with Fiona, she would kill his wife, and he would kill her husband. And why were the O' deth killed? Because they had heard their plans and were discovered, so that's why the O' Deth were so scared and were discovered, so after killing Craig and Aisha, they went to threat the O' Deth, they refused so Clyde and Fiona killed them.

Also I have read that Constance was the killer, but it would be so obvious, plus I haven't read the ghosts bios so I can't tell if it's true!
Mad Poster
#97 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 2:31 AM
Very interesting theory @Tepo12 I love it!!!

...that Fiona's a got a lot more goin' on than it first appears

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#98 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 2:34 AM
Ooooh! This town sounds so cool, I'd love to download and play it, as well!

However, I have a question first. I noticed that you said it was created with Numenor's AnyGameStarter. Which apparently is not compatiable with the Ultimate Content collection for the Sims 2, which is what I have and play. While I think I'd love to download and play this town, not if it comes at the cost of my game itself, you know? Can anyone tell me whether it's safe to download and play this town, for those of us with UC? Thank you so much!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#99 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 4:13 PM
@serendipity380

Oh, just because it was created with AnyGameStarter doesn't mean that it requires it. You can play this neighborhood with also the Ultimate Collection. Many people did so and they haven't had any problems with it.
So it's completely safe to download and play this town, even if you UC.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
#100 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 3:40 PM
Default Jawusa
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
@serendipity380

Oh, just because it was created with AnyGameStarter doesn't mean that it requires it. You can play this neighborhood with also the Ultimate Collection. Many people did so and they haven't had any problems with it.
So it's completely safe to download and play this town, even if you UC.

Oh wow! That's awesome to know, thank you so much @Jawusa ! I really appreciate your response to my question on that. And again, thank you for your hard work in all your great stuff. But the towns seriously, I'm in utter awe of!
Page 4 of 5