Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS2 Studios - A Sims 2 Machinima Production Tool

by ceedj Posted 1st Nov 2005 at 3:41 PM - Updated 16th Dec 2008 at 1:25 PM by -Maylin-

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 125 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 3:47 PM
All uploads require IN GAME screenshots- please fix your post or it will have to be removed

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 3:53 PM Last edited by ceedj : 1st Nov 2005 at 5:17 PM.
Screenies are up. There. I mean, UP THERE. Or something.

Thanks.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 6:39 PM
I'm more than a little afraid of this for some reason, but I'm eager to test it out. Thanks for all the work that must have gone into it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 6:56 PM
Just so everyone knows, this mod does NOT alter ANY game behavoirs. Period. It's simply an interface that gives you access to more animations for filming. For example, selecting the Motive Fail/Hunger Fail will ONLY play the animation using the selected sim. Your sim is not hungry. Or dead. Or tired. Or maybe he is. But it's NOT from this mod.

HOWEVER, I might add some mood/personality controls to this, but this is very low priority at the moment.

The zip file is just the .package and the READ ME shown in the first post.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 8:06 PM
Oh cool. I was using Paul's Reaction Tester for the first time the other day and that "Interaction/Animate/Overlay" popup confused me. This will be a useful tool for photoshoots! Thanks! :D
Field Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 1:51 AM
Thank you very much! This will be very handy for both sim movies and photo album stories!

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 2:58 AM
Thats pretty cool. *downloads* Thank you.

Might take me a while to learn what everything is. Time to make a test sim.

&
This makes me feel that I'll never be quite normal.
This makes me act like I'll never get out alive.
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 3:12 AM
Wow, quite an interesting object. There was another object created a while back that modified your Sims facial expressions, but that didnt turn out so well in my opinion... I quite like this object if I might admit so myself. :sci:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 6:09 AM
I'm glad you all like it and find itt useful!

New version is above, but here are the changes:

- Added about 50 more animations, bringing the total to somewhere around 75. Expect the grand total of animations to hit 200 or more (!)
- Removed the Loops/Timeout/Flags menus. I don't see a need for them. But if enough people want them back, they're easy enough to put back in.
- Removed "Globals" tree level; I now have a better idea of the structure of how this will go.
- Fixed texture so it shows up properly in the inventory.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 6:29 PM Last edited by Catarininha_94 : 2nd Jan 2006 at 6:58 PM. Reason: I do not liked the smiley that I posted. sorry!
Love this!
:baloons: :baloons: Love this thanks! My legacy was needing it! :baloons: :baloons:
Wait?! This only works for the original game? No EP? :insane:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 7:52 PM Last edited by ceedj : 2nd Nov 2005 at 7:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Catarininha_94
:baloons: :baloons: Love this thanks! My legacy was needing it! :baloons: :baloons:
Wait?! This only works for the original game? No EP? :insane: :swear:

Acutally, it DOES work with all the EPs, but I'm trying to set it up so that if you DON'T have an EP, it won't crash on you.

I guess I should probably change the requirements.

EDIT: If someone who has only TS2 and/or University, and can run DisaSim2 on their objects.package and send me the text files, well, that would sure be swell. This way I could figure out which animations were added by which EP, and group them accordingly.
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 10:58 PM
Absolutely Fabulous!
ceedj--you are awesome. I'm not a movie maker (too much like work for someone like me), but I am a storyteller, and I have been longing for exactly this sort of enhanced "Paul's Reaction Tester" for a long time--no dialog box, more reactions and possibly even more reactions to come--fantastic work, thank you, thank you, and thank you again! :angel:

---~{:> Rob
Instructor
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 5:25 AM Last edited by James009 : 4th Nov 2005 at 4:28 AM. Reason: Testing Complete
Good Mod
Very nice work! I was hoping for something like this and here it is. I'm sure smart people will make some very good use of this.

Edited: First of all I tested it (University and Nightlife) and it works like a charm. Secondly, this is a great mod. It makes use of many talk, motive, aspiration, and some misc. animations in order to help improve players gaming experience. Use them for stories, use them for movies, or use them for fun, its up to you.

If you want to have cool stories or scrapbooks or paintings or whatever, download this!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ceedj
Acutally, it DOES work with all the EPs, but I'm trying to set it up so that if you DON'T have an EP, it won't crash on you.

I guess I should probably change the requirements.

EDIT: If someone who has only TS2 and/or University, and can run DisaSim2 on their objects.package and send me the text files, well, that would sure be swell. This way I could figure out which animations were added by which EP, and group them accordingly.

Sorry I tested is right now and please do not take the last smile seriously! :sorry:

Catarininha_94
Lab Assistant

Oh my! But I never put a download in here!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 12:33 PM
Wait! In my game somethings are missing! When I select the aspiration the only thing that apears is the elixir...

Catarininha_94
Lab Assistant

Oh my! But I never put a download in here!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 1:29 PM
Thank you very much <33

Paul's Reaction Tester tended to frighten me, since I thought it was going to crash my game for overuse >.< *I hated the evil popups*

This will be much more easier, and I won't have the paranoid worry my game will die xD Thanks very much for this wonderful object <3333

"Once again, she returns.. To the arms of her angel, angel or demon? Still, he calls her.. Luring her back, from the grave. Angel or dark seducer? Who are you, strange angel?"

Phantom of the Opera
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 2:59 PM
thank you so much for creating this. It's so cool.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 5:01 PM
You are the ultimate of awesome-ness!!!! I can't wait to try this when i get home.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Catarininha_94
Wait! In my game somethings are missing! When I select the aspiration the only thing that apears is the elixir...

Hmmm. That's odd, since all the animation calls for Aspiration are from objects.package... did you do anything funky with objects.package? And do any of the other menu choices come up?

To everyone else, THANK YOU. I'm glad it's working out. On the programming side, I'm getting more learned in "how things work" (thank GOD I figured out GTA coding a few months ago). If I have some time tonight, I'll try to finish off the "face loops" code I've been working on.

Look at the monkey. Look at the silly monkey. :monkey:
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 12:04 AM
I tested it out today and it works amazingly. I didn't have any problems with my game and it doesn't conflict with any other hacks I have.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 2:34 AM
umm, im scard! cuz this sounds a lot like the 'boolproptestingcheatsenabled on' cheat, or sumthin, witch kreweed up meh game and i hadda un-install ts2
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 8:06 AM
I hope this includes other actions, like making the Sim run from one place to another. I can't wait to test it out too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sailormewmew
umm, im scard! cuz this sounds a lot like the 'boolproptestingcheatsenabled on' cheat, or sumthin, witch kreweed up meh game and i hadda un-install ts2

Just to re-iterate here, THIS IS NOT A CHEAT. It's a standard object that simply plays animations. It does NOT affect you sim(s) in any way. In other words, unlike most fun things in this world, it's perfectly safe.

Quote: Originally posted by cb2001
I hope this includes other actions, like making the Sim run from one place to another. I can't wait to test it out too.

Very likely NOT going to happen. I mean, if your sim is active enough, you can make him/her run anyway. At the moment, I really don't have any plans to add locomotion animations, although who know? Maybe my fancy will get tickled and I'll do some anyway...

Update this weekend for sure...and maybe I'll FINALLY get around to filming PEDS eps 9 and 10. :p
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 7:48 PM
You're the one who films PEDS? I love those shorts! I watch them at machinima.com.
Page 1 of 6