Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 1:57 AM
ok if i try the safe mode, what do you mean by deleting the folders through windows explorer? do you mean just right clicking and the going to delete and it should work?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#52 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 3:17 AM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#53 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 9:25 PM
ok i'm gonna try it.... wish me luck
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 10:47 PM
yay that worked!!! i was able to delete the un-deleteable folders!!! but now when i try installing university and i have to put the sims2 disc in to see if it's updated it still says that there is a error and that the installation will terminate... anyone know why it won't install?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#55 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 12:09 AM
What does it say?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#56 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 4:00 AM
it says that there was a error updating sims and that the installation will terminate then a bar comes up and goes dow to zero... no university
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#57 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 4:47 AM
Download the first patch and install it manually.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 10:42 PM
well ok i'll try the patch... only problem is idk how to install it... and when i downloaded it last time and tryed installing it it took 2 hours... but i'll install it again then could you give me instructions how to manually install it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 2:54 AM
ok i've downloaded the patch but when i says to put in my sims 2 disk red bars start going but then half way through it stops and says "error during update installation" what do i do?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 4:03 AM
i was looking for what to do when you get a "error during update installation" but i couldn't find it... anyone know what to do?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#61 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 11:44 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 11:58 PM
umm.. i downloaded the patch on the official website and the link brings me to a page that it can't find
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#63 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 12:03 AM
the link you gave me worked but then i clicked on the link for a direct download and it didn't find the page... and by the way i tryed reinstalling everything once already..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#64 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 12:05 AM
I'm getting a little confused at what you have and haven't done, mandapandatigger.... what you need to do is a clean uninstall, then install the base game, then install Uni, then patch. In that order... what the thread that I linked to said was that you can get problems if you try to patch the base game and then install Uni.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#65 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 12:07 AM
ok i've never been able it install uni... when it asks for my original sims 2 disc it loads some then a message pops up that says "error during update installation"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 12:08 AM
i've tryed installing the original sims 2 patch but i can't cause it says "error during update installation"
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#67 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 12:15 AM
Have you tried what I suggested in my last post?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#68 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 12:17 AM
yes except for the uni and patch part because i've never been able to install uni... if you tell me to i will clean uninstall again then tell you when i'm done and i'll tell you if it worked
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#69 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 12:22 AM
Okay, if you need me to tell you.. do it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#70 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 12:24 AM Last edited by mandapandatigger : 6th Dec 2005 at 12:34 AM.
ok i'll write to you when i'm done... i hope you're still here cause idk if it'll work, you want me to do bairy's complete uninstall right?

edit~ i'm gonna use this one http://www.sims2techguide.net/article.php?p=21
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#71 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 1:24 AM
ok i completely uninstalled and i reinstalled sims 2 then i tried installing university... but the same thing happened.. when i put sims 2 in to update it... it said error during update installation.. same problem.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#72 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 4:42 PM
Okay... download the patch from here:
http://thesims2.ea.com/update/getpa...d&languageCode=
This should give you the correct version of the patch.
#73 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 3:02 AM
I wish I could help but I am also having the same problem with my game. When I try to install University it stops, it always stops in the same spot
TSData\Res\Effects\effects.package
then gives me a window saying error during update installation, it does this if you try to install the sims2 update patch. So then I checked if sims2 would run, it worked the first time, but the second time I checked it all I got was a small window, named sims2, with a big red circle with an x in it. :sorry:
If you find something that works let me know or if I find something I will let you know
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#74 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 3:08 AM
thanks gincloyd! my sims 2 original always works i just can't get university to work i will let you know if i figure it out
#75 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 6:10 AM
try this website www.simprograms.com
on the left of the screen is a list. find the sims 2 programs and click on miscellaneous. on this screen scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find a program called
TS2 System Requirements Detector
download this program. Open this zip file and place
getcpu.dll also
ts2systemrequirements.exe place on your desktop so you can use. you have to take both out so that the program will work. You might find that your not meeting a requirement some place. That is what my problem is. Hope this helps.
Page 3 of 4