Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Newbie Road 14 - Starter House

by plasticbox Posted 27th Nov 2005 at 3:05 PM - Updated 26th Jan 2006 at 8:06 PM by plasticbox

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
#2 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 8:36 PM
Plasticbox, I just love your houses! But I always get the "expansion pack data required" error message. I've tried cleaninstaller and daysies' workaround, but nothing will work. It only happens to me with houses made by you. Do you have any other advice? I would love to have your great houses in my game! Thanks for all your wonderful work, I just wish I could use it.

Julie =)

PS- I only have the sims2 and university, did you make these using the nightlife expansion pack?

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Freetobejulie
I always get the "expansion pack data required" error message. I've tried cleaninstaller and daysies' workaround, but nothing will work. It only happens to me with houses made by you.

That is sad. I don't really have an idea how to help you, or how to avoid this error in the first place ... the thing is, I meanwhile have Nightlife installed so I can't even re-package the house and reupload -> then you could definitely not open it, as you don't have NL. So, I'm afraid I can't do more than point people at the appropriate threads in the help forum and hope they will get it to work ...

If anyone has any ideas or knows how to trick the installer into submission, please post. (Best would be in the help forum, not (only) here, I think)

(Just to make this clear: This upload, and all of the others except the one that says [NL] loud and clear, have been made + packaged *before* I installed the expansion. So they're really, definitely, absolutely, made with the original game. Only the Maxis installer doesn't think so.)
Forum Resident
#4 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 9:16 PM
Oh well, maybe it's just my computer or my game because I have a lot of custom content installed. Thank you for responding to me and keep up the great work!

Julie =)

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Field Researcher
#5 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 5:15 PM
woo, I've got all your newbie homes and they're lovely! Thanks plasticbox
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 29th Nov 2005 at 3:09 AM
Awesome house - nice exterior and sweetly decorated interior.
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 11:22 PM
Default expansion pack data required
I am also getting that error. I am really sad about this. wonder what the prob is

Quote: Originally posted by Freetobejulie
Plasticbox, I just love your houses! But I always get the "expansion pack data required" error message. I've tried cleaninstaller and daysies' workaround, but nothing will work. It only happens to me with houses made by you. Do you have any other advice? I would love to have your great houses in my game! Thanks for all your wonderful work, I just wish I could use it.

Julie =)

PS- I only have the sims2 and university, did you make these using the nightlife expansion pack?
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 12:37 AM
I'm getting that error too and I have NL your last house I got it intalled but, not this one... *cries*

Too Careless To Care...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 1:05 AM
Did you all try with the *latest* version of Clean Installer? Someone wrote on another thread that using the most recent one worked (while an older one didn't) ...

Apart from that, I'm not a big help I'm afraid. I never have this problem. (Except once, with a maxis download ... but it just went away, no idea why)
Forum Resident
#10 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 8:42 AM
I don't know what's different now, but Clean Installer is working for me and I can install your houses! I'm so excited that I can have all your great houses in my game, now! Thanks.

Julie =)

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 2:54 AM
I especially love the exterior on it. I've not had any problems with your houses.
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 12:52 AM
it told me i needed exspansion pak but i allready have all of the three versions of sims2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 12:10 AM
thank you