Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*UPDATE* Brown Skunk and Blue Furry V2.

by Fox234 Posted 22nd Dec 2005 at 10:12 PM - Updated 29th Mar 2006 at 3:46 PM by Fox234 : New info.

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 8:04 PM
Blue Furry
At the time of this post, one person had thanked you. I decided to try to download before thanking (unless packaged with clean installer, I can't use any form of sim or object) and I found out there's something wrong with the link. First it couldn't connect, then when it did, I got a bunch of greek. Please look into this for me.

Thanks for reading this.

Garou
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 9:21 PM
I can't really do anything about the download links. Thats completely up tp the MTS2 staff. As for the link to the skunk skins, i'll fix that in a couple of minutes.

Then i'm not quite sure what you mean by you can't use any form of sim or object. These are skintones and have no model included. You can find the skin under the custom skintone list.

If you could please be more specific with your problem i'll try to help more.

I just think we should cook and eat all the PETA people.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 9:48 PM
I checked my files and I can't find anything wrong. I cleared my Saved Sims folder and my Downloads folder and only put in these files. I started the game, went into CAS and there skins were there. I think you may have installed them into the wrong folder. These go into the "Downloads" folder.

On a seperate note. To keep original credit going to Britva, here is her like for the original 1 stripe and 2 stripe skunk tails. She did not make the skunk skintone, that was made by Genesims.

Britva's Skunk tails,
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...highlight=skunk

Genensims,
http://genensims.com/

#5 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 11:39 PM
Great for my furry town! Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 10:28 PM
Almost forgot. The hair showed in the Blue Furry pic can be found here
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=71591

Those are only the colors. Please read the creators post to learn where you can get the actual MESH!

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Dec 2005 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fox234
On a seperate note. To keep original credit going to Britva, here is her like for the original 1 stripe and 2 stripe skunk tails. She did not make the skunk skintone, that was made by Genesims.

Just to clarify, I am Genensims and Genensims is me. Despite the introduction page of the website (which is purely for humor value), I am the sole contributor to Genensims.

I repost some of my recolors here if I feel they might appeal to more Sims2 fans than see my site, I make them because of a request on MTS2, or if they are directly related to something another MTS2 modder has created. The animal accessories fall into the third category since Atreya created the meshes and posted them here. I posted the skunk skins here because I promised them on my racoon skin thread.

It's nice to see other people making furries. Keep it up.

My Sims2 Site - genensims.com
My Art Site - sidneyeileen.com
We Reserve the Right to... oh nevermind.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Britva
Just to clarify, I am Genensims and Genensims is me. Despite the introduction page of the website (which is purely for humor value), I am the sole contributor to Genensims.

I repost some of my recolors here if I feel they might appeal to more Sims2 fans than see my site, I make them because of a request on MTS2, or if they are directly related to something another MTS2 modder has created. The animal accessories fall into the third category since Atreya created the meshes and posted them here. I posted the skunk skins here because I promised them on my racoon skin thread.

It's nice to see other people making furries. Keep it up.

lol glad I know now. You do good work. I usually stop on on Genensims a couple times a month to see if theres anything new.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 2:34 AM
ATTN: I will be re-uploading both of these skins. They will have all the same files and no changes. I am going to package them with the maxis installer so that people may use Clean Installer to install them.

I am doing this so people who don't have both expansions may use these skins. I'm pretty sure as of now if you don't have Uni and NL you cannot use these.

They should be up for download again as soon as MTS2 approves them again.

Test Subject
#10 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 11:01 PM
thanks. sorry it took me so long to reply

Edit: and when i try to install the blue skin, why does it say "this content requires expansion pack data that is not installed"? the 1st version worked fine
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 4:55 AM
Probably because I edited and packed it with NL. The original was made way before NL was released.

Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 10:39 PM
crap. then how does the brown skin work?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MXC
crap. then how does the brown skin work?

Its the same way. All of them require Uni and NL.

Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fox234
Its the same way. All of them require Uni and NL.

thats strange, because the brown skin workes fine for me and i dont have NL.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 3:46 PM
huh idk what to tell you. TS2 never impressed me with its custom content ability. For some people something works and some others can get it to work at all.

Anyways there is an update about my brown skunk at the end of my post.

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 9:29 AM
BTW...I tested the blue furry and it works great. XD

[QUOTE]Artist Formally Known as Okalani You'll be seeing my posts for suggestions of what may help you improve your posts. I have S2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, and Seasons![QUOTE]
Forum Resident
#17 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 8:06 PM
i love them!they looks soooo cute!thanx
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 4:00 AM Last edited by FoxyAreku : 12th Mar 2010 at 7:20 PM.
This worked once, but after I formatted my computer recently and reinstalled sims now it won't work? What's the problem? Is it because I have more expansions then I used to making this unusable?

Please help It keeps saying I need to install an expansion.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 2:48 AM
Hokey Smoke! that was cool!