Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

justmoi's "Majestic Beauty" Waterhouse Recolours

by justmoi Posted 12th Jan 2006 at 4:38 AM - Updated 13th Jan 2006 at 2:48 AM by justmoi : Added :La Fileuse" recolour.

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 6:05 AM
I simply love these paintings; thank you for sharing!
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 8:12 AM
Only one of the paintings shows up in my game. pic 6, on the left. it's the only recolor that shows. so none of these recolors work.
Inventor
#4 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 8:17 AM
Nice paintings. Thank you for sharing. Where you found the originals ? Who is the artist ?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StudioMaxRULEZ
Only one of the paintings shows up in my game. pic 6, on the left. it's the only recolor that shows. so none of these recolors work.

I have to leave for work soon so I can't look into the problem till this afternoon. All the recolours appear in my game. As a note though, the paintings don't appear stepped like they do in pic 1 to 5 in-game. I placed them like that in my photo editor because I'm only able to post 8 pics per post so I combined the individual screenshots. In-game they appear like all the other Majestic Beauty recolours I've made.

Quote: Originally posted by UK1967
Nice paintings. Thank you for sharing. Where you found the originals ? Who is the artist ?

The originals are by John William Waterhouse. They were made for a request and I just did a search on the Internet for the pictures.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 12:00 PM Last edited by darkraven1753 : 12th Jan 2006 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Feedback after trying in game
These are so beautiful! I'll have ALL of my favorites now! Thanks so very much! I can't wait to see them in the game! :D

EDIT: I just tried them out and they work perfectly in my game. They're showing up mixed in with the other "Majestic Beauty" recolours I have.

I can't believe you made "The Lady Clare" and "Tristan and Isolde!" Ooh, and "A Mermaid!" I'm so thrilled! I'm in Waterhouse heaven here! Must go do some decorating before I go to work! *LOL* Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 4:05 PM
These are WONDERFUL! I LOVE your downloads. Thanks so much for sharing! :D

Valui ad satanam in computatrum meum invocandum

Simmer Romanus2 - My Yahoo! Group

Requests of Roman items taken. My NON-adult items are FREE to use, as long as they remain FREE! (NO PAY SITES!) I'd appreciate a link back, or a mention, but it's not needed. :D
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 6:08 PM
where can i find the original PAINTING?
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 7:39 PM
Fantastic! I put in a "thanks" on all the JWW paintings, but I had to comment on them somewhere-- I LOVE pre-Raphaelite stuff, and the frames are gorgeous, too! My favorites are "Gathering Almonds" and "La Fileuse." :nod:

(For those interested jwwaterhouse.com has some information on the artist and bigger versions of many of his works.)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 12:55 AM Last edited by justmoi : 13th Jan 2006 at 2:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by darkraven1753
These are so beautiful! I'll have ALL of my favorites now! Thanks so very much! I can't wait to see them in the game! :D

EDIT: I just tried them out and they work perfectly in my game. They're showing up mixed in with the other "Majestic Beauty" recolours I have.

I can't believe you made "The Lady Clare" and "Tristan and Isolde!" Ooh, and "A Mermaid!" I'm so thrilled! I'm in Waterhouse heaven here! Must go do some decorating before I go to work! *LOL* Thanks again!

Thanks for letting me know darkraven.

Quote: Originally posted by lasserine
Fantastic! I put in a "thanks" on all the JWW paintings, but I had to comment on them somewhere-- I LOVE pre-Raphaelite stuff, and the frames are gorgeous, too! My favorites are "Gathering Almonds" and "La Fileuse." :nod:

(For those interested jwwaterhouse.com has some information on the artist and bigger versions of many of his works.)

Oh, you just reminded me that I forgot "La Fileuse" and "The Tempest." I have the paintings but I forgot to post them. I'll add them tonight.

Edit: All right, I've added "La Fileuse" to this post and "The Tempest" to the "Majestic Elegance" recolours post.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 12:56 AM
These are very nice, thanks for sharing!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dadazinha
where can i find the original PAINTING?

dadazinha - if you're referring to the mesh "Majestic Beauty" the link is on the left-hand side of the page at the top.

Inventor
#13 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by justmoi
The originals are by John William Waterhouse. They were made for a request and I just did a search on the Internet for the pictures.

Thank you !
Field Researcher
#14 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 8:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by justmoi
All right, I've added "La Fileuse" to this post and "The Tempest" to the "Majestic Elegance" recolours post.

I'm so excited to have all of these! Thanks again! :D
Forum Resident
#15 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 8:29 PM
Thanks for these!!!

See all of my downloads HERE