Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Medieval Maternity Wear

by tommytiger Posted 30th Jan 2006 at 12:37 AM - Updated 16th Feb 2006 at 2:53 AM by tommytiger : Updated file

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 12:42 AM
Great for my medieval mommies! It disturbed me that they would be wearing medieval things and then later on in their pregnancy they would be wearing capries
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 12:44 AM
This is a fantastic idea and will especially help for those snapping storylines or making movies - no more moving your Medieval preggo's out of shot =) It would be easy enough to switch this in and out depending on what hood you are planning to play. Indeed you could have numerous periods each in their own folder and just swap them in and out as you need. 10x for your upload!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 12:46 AM
Cool. I just had this problem. Could you tell us if u can use w/o the EP our label the outfits that don't need the EP b/c some of them are EP textures. Also most people playing medieval games wouldn't need male pregnancy outfits, so if you could label the males one so people can delete them if they don't want them. THanks god work!
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 12:56 AM
thank you soo much.. and just in time for the movie i'm making. thx a lot :D
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 1:08 AM
Oh thank goodness! I was so tired of my mommies-to-be walking around in pants when they're supposed to be in Camelot. (Wasn't that blasphemous back then, anyway? Or at the very least disturbing?)
Thank you so much! Downloading now...
Oh, and Loverat, your quote... so true!!! I just about died laughing when I read it. I can apply that to about 7 people I know just off the top of my head!

Wait... WHAT?!?!?
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 1:15 AM
Great! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 1:16 AM
I can't press the thank you button enough!

I have been waiting for this. I absolutly HATE the maxis default pregnancy clothes, even for my modern sims. What just because you are pregnant you loose all fashion sense?

I am simply a mass hallucination that a majority of the population chooses to believe in.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 1:29 AM
im confused on how this double file works. i tried to download them both, and i got an error messege. should i dlete them and try again? do i have to install them in a specific order?(i started with the top one first)
Instructor
#10 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 1:58 AM
tommytiger, this is fantastic! Thank you very much.

Melissa
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 2:23 AM
i get the same message. :'(
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 2:38 AM
I was able to download them with no problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 2:42 AM
When I zipped it as one file, it came out to be just a bit big for the limit - 11.5 megs, and the most I can upload at once is 10. To get the file, just download both files to the same folder, and then right click>extract here on the first. It should extract it normally. Then just delete both files.

Also, I'm 99% sure you shouldn't need any EPs, I just used NL textures. The base meshes and textures are from the base game. If someone without EPs could confirm this, that'd be great...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 2:59 AM Last edited by amy_su88 : 30th Jan 2006 at 3:08 AM.
*bows* Thank you for your genius. I hated trying to use the boolprop cheat to try to change my maternity clothes. Such a pain that wasn't really worth it. Thank you for your wonderful work. :D

*EDIT*

I tried extracting the first file first and I just get a message asking me to insert the second file. o.O I honestly don't know what to do and so I can't extract any of the files. Um....help for the clueless?

--This signature has been tested on lab sims--
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 3:02 AM
Thank you so much!!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 3:32 AM
put them in the same folder, that should fix it because i think the files have to be together.

Come have a look at my downloads HERE for Sims 4 downloads.

Feel free to visit my website to check out my list of creations, to get in touch (for a request), or to donate. HERE

(Or here for sims 2 or here for sims 3 downloads.)
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 3:34 AM
I cant tell you how long i have been waiting for these...thnks
now how do i open them again???
Field Researcher
#18 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 5:29 AM
It says the file is broken. You probably need to zip it as one big file.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 6:16 AM
Thanks for these Tommy.

For the others - with Rar's split between 2 rar files, you download both. THEN you unrar the first one and it will then bring up a message for you to load a new volume.

At this point you have to browse, and select the 2nd rar file. Then press OK. Pressing ok without browsing and re-selecting the name won't work.

Once you've done that it will successfuly un-rar the lot.

If you don't go through that process, it will tell you the file is broken, because it can't find the second file.

I've done it - the files are fine. It comes out in a single file that is 51M in size.

Kiri

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 7:27 AM
Default Thank you very much
All of my sims are going to wear this. I can't stand the ugly Maxis ones.
Fluffy
retired moderator
#21 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 9:46 AM
Tommy!
I could kiss you
considering the lack of birth control in my medieval neighbourhood, these will come in VERY handy
thank you!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 12:41 PM
Could you explain how you made this - I want to make some for the 1950's and it would be nice not to have to try to fingur it out my self.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 2:12 PM
For you guys who want to make your own, it's a very similar technique to replacing default textures. First, get the meshes you want (remember - it has to have a pregnancy state). Find the instance and high instance numbers of the afbodymaternity... and ambodymaternitycomfy(to change the men) and replace those numbers. The rest of it is replacing the textures. There are tutorials on this site on how to replace things.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 3:13 PM
These are gorgeous, Tommytiger! Finally, the perfect clothes for my elf who Wants 10 kids... sure, she's already gone through five pregnancies with the Maxis clothes, but at least now she, and others like her, have decent outfits for pics! *contemplates replacing some of the photos in her album*

"Are you mad?"
"Possibly."
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 7:27 PM
Cheers - Princess Lynette won't have to wear something modern anymore coz she's about 2 wear these! Cheers - again!
Page 1 of 4