Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Moi's kavar003 - Kanskeaur

by niol Posted 17th Mar 2006 at 10:45 AM - Updated 1st Sep 2007 at 3:31 PM by niol : + build-furnished version...

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 1:17 PM
Woooooooooow!This house is stunning!Thank you so much

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 2:01 PM
Awesome, this is truely a modern house with a designers taste for simplicity...

---------------------------------------------------

Member of the MTS2

Visit here : So Romantic Titan

---------------------------------------------------
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 11:07 PM
Since Niol didn't chat up this house nearly enough, let me tell you that this place is Paradise for Knowledge Sims! It has everything your sim needs for nefarious experiments, and there's plenty of room to set up a home-based robot shop. It has a totally experimental layout, and some wild recolors, the like of which I've never seen before. All that, plus a groovinacious surprise level! Lure sims into the hottub and take a close look at the water...

If your machine can handle the large lot size, download this lot. You won't be disappointed! :cylon:

~I no longer play Sims, so I'm not taking requests, sorry~
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 4:59 AM
Hi silvertree drake, when you installed it did you use Clean installer? what is all that other stuff mean? -(.7z)?
When I use my Clean install, it deletes my own hacks that I have put into the game.
thanks why Im asking. is it really neccesary for this house?
Many thanks

A crazy person doesn't really lose her mind . It just becomes something more entertaining
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 5:45 AM Last edited by niol : 27th Mar 2006 at 8:39 AM. Reason: + thank list...
funkeymonkey22003,

Part F has some infos about "7z", 7-zip compression format which has even better compressibility than rar... :D
If any more question about it, welcome to ask... ^_^

Open the Clean Installer by double-clicking the packagers instead to perform the installation. Ensure you've got the custom contents as listed in part H in your downloads folder before the lot file installation... or default replacement will happen to the installed lot.

Yes, those Maxis recolours I made are necessary for the lot to show the colour choice I made properly. As for the tiles and wallpapers, they are obviously needed.

I'm gonna update the info about what're in the dl file coz I just realised I forgot to state out which file is for what purpose...

roxypaws, NightFire, stevekills.com, PinkyHeKitty, little_juliana, Efreeti434, Deathschyte, raich169

Thanks for your nice compliments...
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 7:00 AM
Wow... this house.. is pretty bitchin'! Thanks a ton!
#8 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 11:11 AM
Spectacular!!!
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 4:01 AM
hi um when i try and move a family in its all fine but when i try and play it crashes and shuts down it hasnt done this before but i really want this house !!! please reply 1 has anybody else had this problem
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 5:32 AM Last edited by niol : 19th Mar 2006 at 3:03 PM. Reason: typos... gonna kick my keyboard away...:P though I'll miss it...
little_juliana,

Can you give out your PC specifications? like the CPU type and speed? the RAM type? I've read that lower-medium type video cards can afford TS2 pretty well already coz most resource usages are dependent on the RAMs and CPU in the case of TS2.

The best explanation I can think of is the RAM memory problem coz the lot is actually huge and takes up a lot of memories to run it.
In such case, may try to remove some of the objects you regard less important to you, tune down the settings, shut down non-essential programmes, or wait for your PC specs ungrade(s)...
1. Animated objects can take away a relatively higher amount of resources, may remove them.
2. May tune down the graphical setting, especially the shadow and the mirror-reflection.
3. May remove those objects with higher poly and vertice counts.
4. May shut down some of the unessential background programmes of your OS as TS2 manual suggested. Should you turn off antivirus scan, internet security softwwares, disconnect your internet cable for better safety.
5. Save the lot aside until when getting some better hardware specifications.. that can afford it
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 7:53 PM
Oh..My..Gosh..
This is like..the best house ever ^^;;. Thank You!!

~*~•○♥*+Believe+*♥○•~*~
Instructor
#12 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by funkeymonkey22003
Hi silvertree drake, when you installed it did you use Clean installer? what is all that other stuff mean? -(.7z)?
When I use my Clean install, it deletes my own hacks that I have put into the game.
thanks why Im asking. is it really neccesary for this house?
Many thanks

Sorry, I was off buzzing around on some other threads. I haven't had any problem with Clean Installer and hacks, although I did have to re-download and install it, because it just plain didn't work the first time.

The reason you use CI is to get rid of any custom content on the lot that you don't want or already have. For instance, I already have Numenor's wall/windows, so any lot that includes them will install an extra copy in my Downloads folder.

I just doubleclick on the rar file that contains the sim2pack, and it opens Clean Installer. I uncheck the content I don't want and then install the lot in my teleport folder. I close down CI and reopen it with my shortcut, and then right click on the items in my Downloads folder and move them to the subfolders I want them in.

Juliana - this is a reeeallly big lot with lots of dummy levels, so it's going to put a strain on your graphics card and RAM. Niol has lots of smaller lots though. You should check them out!

~I no longer play Sims, so I'm not taking requests, sorry~
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 8:04 AM
two thumbs up...!!!...hehehehehehehehehe...it is awesome dude...thanks a lot....:D
#14 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 2:43 PM
omg! this is my dream house but whenever i download it it doesn't apear in the game! am i downloading in the wrong folder or do i just need to get rid of stuff?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 4:45 PM Last edited by niol : 6th Apr 2006 at 8:36 AM.
evilbunny,

The Q-express won't be able to accomplish all the installation task coz I use 7-zip (7.z) to compress the files. This compression format, like uharc, is a stronger compressor than rar or ace or MS-cab. Just download it through the normal download link and use WinRAR >=3.41, 7-zip-manager >=3, IZArc >=3.5, power archiver >=9, ZipGenius >=6 or else to decompress the file with ".7z" as extension. Basically, the way to decompress "7-zip" or "rar" is the same as "zip" as long as you get anyone of the mentioned softwares.

Surely, I'm in favour of uha and 7-zip rather than "rar", "ace" and "MS-cab". "zip" is not a compressor to me, but just a "packager" prone to corruption, and being a storage-killer and bandwidth-killer. I know I'm kinda anal or OCD for this, but my HDs can't afford big files by zip alone or rar alone.
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 10:11 PM
Wonderful home, designed with true artistic flare... Thank you!
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 1:51 PM
this is the nices house i ever saw

CHAI
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 1:52 PM
my cpu is a p4 2.6/1.5gb ddr ram issit ok to dl this lots?

CHAI
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 7:58 PM
with that amount of ram, even more than i have, I definitely assume you're fine...

Besides, downloading itself doesn't harm, it's the installed lot in a running game that takes a lot of resources to load.
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 4:18 PM
i have 512 mb ram...i open the lot and games crash
Test Subject
#21 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 4:22 PM
oh its pentium 4 too and i have geforce 9000
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 7:44 PM Last edited by niol : 9th Apr 2006 at 7:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by eacz12
i have 512 mb ram...i open the lot and games crash
oh its pentium 4 too and i have geforce 9000

Thanks for your reporting... I'll update my lotinfo... Thanks again... Most people won't report and it's been hard to know the min. limit.

So, may read post 10 of this thread and may try the suggestions...

wow, so it seems it has to take at least >512 Mb DDR-RAM to load it...
Anyone has 768 Mb DDR-ram and has tried it? Thanks...

It seems as long as the lot can be loaded, then playing with it is good for up to 9 visitors so far...
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 2:20 AM
Wow.
:insane: HOLY CRAP!

It is better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven
#24 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 3:23 AM
it's great but....
i love this house! (well from neighborhood view) but the problem is, i can never see the house! everytime i load it, it takes 30 mins 2 load and then by that time my computer has to terminate the program! (and i have a REALLY fast computer) and when i load really big houses, it usually only takes about 2-3 minutes! any tips?
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 10:50 AM
awesome house..i could tell...
but can you tell me how to make a SPLIT LEVEL like that?
please let me know...
thank you so much
Page 1 of 2