Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 7:38 PM
I like this new quality control. It helps me (even more than the compatible downloads thing) get the best downloads rather than swimming through pages and pages of "below quality" items. Thank you.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fat D
KKai, that sounds like the exchange - everything but 5-star and featured content gets deleted 2 weeks later.

I never knew that! No wonder one of my houses is gon every month!

Anyways, making sure the quality of uploads is definitely good, because then it pushes people to make things with even better quality! I myself will always make sure to have all of my uploads in high quality. So I'm definitely for this decision!

(P.S. I just hope none of my stuff gets tagged! :nod: )
Field Researcher
#28 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 10:16 PM
So let's just say that a post gets tagged, ok, and the creator of the post doesn't want it deleted, if they edited it to meet the standards, (or surpass it, in some cases) would that download still be deleted, or not? Just curious....

Faster than a speeding Loogie. More gas that a Retirement Home. Able to leap tall snot nuggets in a single bound. It's....Booger Man!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#29 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 11:03 PM Last edited by tiggerypum : 26th Mar 2006 at 11:11 PM.
GeckoGorilla -
In the original thread there is a link for anyone who has fixed their post to let the staff know. We're all about people being able to update/fix things, if that's possible and they want to. That's also why there's the 2 week window, to give some time for it to be fixed.

DJ Mur -
As for having to approve everything before it goes on site, we'll see. Even then we cannot download and TEST everything, we look at the screenshots and information provided. We adjust policies as we go, and indeed it does take time to have the approval queues, and most meshers do work to create quality meshes. The staff has always removed downloads that break rules (such as meshes uploaded that weren't created by the person) and other such things, and has contacted people when there has been problems. If something were to be tagged, there would be 2 weeks to remedy the situation and I assume the creator will realize why it's tagged, the guidelines aren't that cryptic.

Washuai -
I do not believe we've had a lot of meshes have been tagged, if any. If creators linked things correctly, then the fact the mesh is being used should be visible on the mesh page, and I'm sure we would check it. Far more of the quality issues have been with recolors themselves with no shading/details/bad pixelation. We'll be sure to watch for that issue.

And just as an aside, the staff has also been discussing how to continue helping people more in creating the best content they can. We're continuing to work on tutorials and welcome others who have good tips to help share their knowledge so we won't have to tag or reject downloads
Forum Resident
#30 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 12:27 AM
Hmm, not a bad idea actually...I am always looking for sims that have a great quaility, if I ca n't stop staring at that particular part (Ie, hair, eyes etc) then it's good, like two of these shiny red hair I downloaded not too long ago,m I couldn't stop looking at it! (Can't remeber if it came from here or not),
Oh, and if it is possible, are you able to ask creators to make a direct link to a mesh? Cuz sometimes when I follow a link to a mesh it not on the same page and I have to go through a zillon pages to get it, sometimes I don't even find it..
Test Subject
#31 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 2:38 AM
Is it possible to make a list of items that you are going to remove? So I or anybody else can download them before they are removed. Other then that, I think it is a good idea to remove 'questionable' items.

Thanks for the ear.

Sparky

Interested in actually reliving the middle ages : www.sca.org
Test Subject
#32 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 4:03 AM
In my opionion since this site is where alot of begining modders come for info it might be of use to set up a separtate section of downloads for the "first timers" to upload to. some peoples first upload arent "perfect" but everybody has to start somewhere. That way they could still upload and get feed back, yet anyone interested in perfection could just avoid that part of downloads.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 4:25 AM
I agree with MTS2's decision to tag items. When downloading from a free site you always have to be a bit more careful about what you select--I just now spent hours going through my downloads folder to find the one downloaded file that corrupted Bodyshop.

Anyway, though certainly it might be a bit frustrating to some newbie creators like myself, ultimately I think everyone will appreciate the enhanced quality of downloads. Thanks!

can you feel it//it's good for you

find my creations here
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 4:32 AM
maybe i missed this one, will the creators be notified by private message or email if their content has been tagged?
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#35 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 4:51 AM
You should be able to see now-any items that have been flagged will show on your profile page- look at your list of uploaded items and see if you have this symbol on any of them- that means they were flagged
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 7:50 AM
I think this is a good idea, I really like your site and no offense it kinda stinks sometime when I've gotta sift through 2 pages of less than great work to find the one thing that's really awesome!

<insert smart a$$ comment here>
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 12:58 PM
I just have a comment on the "no photos on walls" guideline.

I totally agree with it in regards to the "fake" paintings, but what about walls that use large images as murals? For example, a three-wall set that when put together forms a photo of a beach or a fresco or a brick wall with graffiti. If it's done well, i.e. not distorted, pixelated, or blurry and isn't using a copyright-protected image, it could still be a nice download that people would want.

Jen
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#38 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 4:44 PM
I very much appreciate this initiative. However, looking at the walls + floors section I see a lot of items that currently aren't tagged but according to the rules they should be (for example, here is a wallpaper tagged for removal; here the exact same wallpaper in other colours, untagged --> why?). Is this because the tagging is still in process? Or would it be helpful to PM someone (who?) if we see items that are clearly unusable and appear to have been missed? (By "unusable" I mean wallpapers that are clearly not seamless, very obviously blurry, etc -- not merely a matter of taste in other words.)
Test Subject
#39 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 5:43 PM
Do you think it would be possible to expand this to include objects dependant upon a custom mesh when the mesh isn't included, and the user hasn't clearly specified (or linked to) the site where we can find it?
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 5:52 PM
My internet connection is over.....I can't fix my uploads.
My work will be deleted :sadpanda: ... I agree ... Ni hablar, lo que sea por el bien de esta gran comunidad. :salute:

-/|--O--|\-
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#41 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 6:28 PM
plasticbox,

Quote: Originally posted by Delphy, in post #2
Here is a list of what we have been tagging for so far: (Please note this is an ongoing process)

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 7:41 PM
This is a wonderful idea. I see it as a challenge to work harder on my creations, and hope others feel the same way.
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#43 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 8:02 PM
jenwar- murals using photos will not be tagged if they are of good quality- we meant more so the photos of celebrities that most definitely should always be in a frame not on a wallpaper
if someone uses say a nature photo and tiles it seamlessly across 3 walls then that is fine.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 8:15 PM
Okay, great, thanks LyricLee. I didn't know if that was being taken into consideration and wanted to throw it out there
Instructor
#45 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 12:56 AM
Default Pros and Cons: My take
Quote:
KKai, that sounds like the exchange - everything but 5-star and featured content gets deleted 2 weeks later.

That explains why the Grillitan Diner 1.0 didn't stay on the exchange, but not why they never let it show up at all. Maybe there weren't enough pictures? Here, GD 2 got rejected for just one-too-many pictures! Sheesh! Personally, I feel that one of the indoor shots of the bedroom could have simply been ignored and the upload would have been fine. But, there is after all a system here...

At least here, when you post something new, it gets noticed. On the BBS; you post something new, practical, and intelligent; and it gets ignored so that other users can post hundreds of "Please Help! *Benes*" posts that are useless and annoying. Yeah, that's nice that the Italian and Russian 13-year-old users know just enough English before posting to know how to post complete spam.

I'll admit I have mixed feelings about the new system here; but I at least appreciate that new system gives early warning when someone else thinks they want my work to disappear.

On the official site's Exchange, I get no warnings, no feedback, no comments, no thanks, no anything. I'm always buried by someone else's spam and forgotten.
Test Subject
#46 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 8:44 AM
Cool everyone needs to tidy every now and then and :smash: out the not so good stuff.

To let the good stuff breath easier.

Hopefully this will make sure those that need to be highlighted(and everything here most are) are and as a process they can be more easy to find.
#47 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 8:51 AM
Awesome Delphy,

I was thinking this the other day when i downloaded a object and it didnt look half as good as the pic. Im glad to see MTS2 is taking such steps in making sure you offer the highest quality of Sims 2 items!

Thank you and "Good luck" cleaning house!

Zeus
Test Subject
#48 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 11:07 AM
Hi! I'm quite happy about this decision of tagging, I've seen at least a few items that used quite good meshes (in my opinion) but could have used a little more work on the uploader's side.

Though I think I read in the thread that there should/could be a "beginner's" section, which wouldn't be that bad. I mean, with all the talented people here, there sure would be some benefit to see new creators come, help them improve, then we'd have even more quality uploaders XD ... I'm in the middle of trying to create walls and floors myself, then I'll try to build a house with it, and if I succeed I might as well try clothing XD .

Good luck with the tagging though. With so many downloads here ....
retired moderator
#49 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 3:29 PM
If you have something uploaded, go back and check the Guidelines. If you're tagged, you should still have a bit of time to come up to standards. And if a mesh is removed, I'm sure it will render the recolors of that mesh useless... unless the creator posts that mesh on his or her own site. Myself, I always post a copy on my site. I think this is a good system, a great idea, and although it will take a few weeks for everyone to adjust and come to terms, in the end, we will all benefit. Keep an open mind, everyone!

You gotta have faith . . .
www.Grapholina.com
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 6:36 PM
I'm kinda sad because 4 items I uploaded were tagged (personaly I think I could have done better on them), but I think this is a good choice too.

Just an anachronism, move along now.
Page 2 of 7