Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The X-Men Movie Costumes

by SynapticSim Posted 27th Mar 2006 at 1:53 PM - Updated 28th Mar 2006 at 2:28 AM by SynapticSim

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 9:28 PM
those are pretty dam cool costumes. wicked nice job!

-Dennis-
A big nerd at heart.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 9:42 PM
Ohhh! More Cyclops for me to play with!!!
Actually, they all looks great! Thanks!
Instructor
#4 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 9:53 PM
Woot! Colossus babeeeeee! Thanks Synaptic Sim - you're the Man!

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 10:57 PM
These are really good!
I know many (including myself) have been waiting for these!
Instructor
#6 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 11:04 PM
I love these. They're all so cool. I'm especially glad that you like to make the meshes as creative as you do, without the creativity they'd just be boring. I love all the outfits, the colors go great together. And, as always, all the details you've given them are excellently amazing. Thanks for sharing them with us. 5 stars.

-deviantinvader

Beep boop.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 12:47 AM
Ok, I wanted to ask you, do plan on maybe doing a movie version(s) of members of the Brotherhood?

-Dennis-
A big nerd at heart.
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 1:06 AM
Default OMG <333
SYN I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. THANK-YOU <333!! You are by far the best person i've met through Sims!
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 1:24 AM
You could make a pretty cool set of careers to go with these... these would make great uniforms for an X-men style job.
Scholar
#10 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 1:52 AM
You must love x-men to make such a perfect job while making X-sims.
I love your work, keep it up
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 2:32 AM
Thanx Everybody, glad you are all enjoying!

At this time, I don't plan on making the Brotherhood Costumes for the movie, but that may change as I see more previews for X-Men: The Last Stand.

Have Fun ~ Syn

DO NOT RE-UPLOAD MY WORK TO THE EXCHANGE OR ANYWHERE ELSE. Please be courteous.

Many of my latest uploads are located HERE. Go check it out for some much more improved work.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 11:42 PM
not to be a pain in the neck, but any chance on adult version of Kitty, Rogue, Angel & IceMan?

-Dennis-
A big nerd at heart.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dracine
not to be a pain in the neck, but any chance on adult version of Kitty, Rogue, Angel & IceMan?

Nope, no plans for that. I've discontinued my policy of making both adult and teen versions of the same costume. It is fairly simple to clone the original clothing in BodyShop, copy and paste it onto the desired ages nude form, and then import it into the game. There's plenty of tutorials here and on the net about how to do that.

I do this simply to save server space here at the great MTS2. Every little bit helps. :agree:

Thanx for understanding!

~ Syn
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 2:35 AM
Great idea, Syn! I continue to look forward to MORE of your work!!!

:nod:

MY FAVORITE FREEBIES:
The Sims 1 and 2 Downloads, Desktop Themes and More!!!
* CLICK HERE *
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 7:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SynapticSim
Nope, no plans for that. I've discontinued my policy of making both adult and teen versions of the same costume. It is fairly simple to clone the original clothing in BodyShop, copy and paste it onto the desired ages nude form, and then import it into the game. There's plenty of tutorials here and on the net about how to do that.

I do this simply to save server space here at the great MTS2. Every little bit helps. :agree:

Thanx for understanding!

~ Syn

Ahh makes sense, I'll have to find those tutorials, thanks. keep up the killer work.

-Dennis-
A big nerd at heart.
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 2:25 PM
i have downloaded all your xmen costumes/sims and all the meshes and stuff, i have extracted them all to the downloads folder but still cant find your amazing work in game please help me does neone know y?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by archangelwwe
i have downloaded all your xmen costumes/sims and all the meshes and stuff, i have extracted them all to the downloads folder but still cant find your amazing work in game please help me does neone know y?

Did you do this? Or just put the files here in your downloads folder?

Downloading Instructions: In this .rar file are individual .rar files that must be unpacked into your Downloads folder. I suggest unpacking these .rar files to your desktop and then unpacking each individual .rar file into MyDocuments/EAGames/Sims2/Downloads folder.

Many of my latest uploads are located HERE. Go check it out for some much more improved work.
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 5:30 PM
Hi does unpacking mean downloading thnx ps. your suits are Xtreme
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DimiSimi
Hi does unpacking mean downloading thnx ps. your suits are Xtreme

Unpacking means after you download the file, you unpack it's contents to the right folder, in this case, your Downloads folder.

Thanx, I'm glad you like the suits!

~ Syn

Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 7:24 PM
I can't get the movie collossus or beast's suits to show up...
I've downloaded and redownloaded the mesh's numerous times and still I just get the maxis/blue grey suits....

any ideas?

Thanks,
Jase~
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 6:49 PM
Why do you love the X-men so much to spend so much effort making their costumes.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 3:51 AM
Honestly, the X-Men have been a part of my life since the early 90's. I immediately identified with Rogue because she was from the South, like me. I think that the underlying messages in X-Men, Acceptance, Racism, Prejudice, are powerful messages, and I'm glad that young people are exposed to them, so that they can open their eyes to this behavior, and hopefully change it. Like you've probably seen a thousand times over, I think everyone at some point in their lives feels like an outsider, or a "mutant". It's nice to be able to read about them and the struggles they face. Rogue particularly because she sees everyone around her touching each other, and that's something she hasn't had in years, yet she's still one of the strongest X-Men there is. (Which is why I really hated how she was protrayed in X3.)

Also, I'm just a huge X-Men fan. I loved having the X-Men in the original sims game, thanx to the Comic Skins Network. Back then, I couldn't really make sims, but then the Sims2 comes along, and makes it much easier to do than the first one. But because Marvel threatened the CSN, I never figured anyone would make the X-Men for the Sims2. So, I stepped up to do it and found I really enjoyed it, and I could express my artistic flair on a moving canvas.

So, in a nutshell, that's why I put so much effort into making the X-Men costumes. Not to mention, I don't do anything half-@$$ed.

~ Syn

Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 10:38 PM Last edited by sublimeclown : 6th Jul 2006 at 10:47 PM.
Awesome work as always. I'm loving your X-Men keep 'em coming! I'm hoping to make a story with them. Any chance of getting some new Brotherhood skins (not necessarily the movie ones)?
Test Subject
#24 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:48 PM
These are great but i can't seem to get them in the game?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stufaithfan
These are great but i can't seem to get them in the game?

In the X-Movie X-MEN.rar you will find the male X-Men. In the X-Movie X-WOMEN.rar you will find the female X-Men. In the X-Movie Workout.rar you will find Adult Male (AM) (for regular, Bodybuilder, Athletic), Adult Female (AF), Teen Female (TF), and Teen Male (TM).

Downloading Instructions: In this .rar file are individual .rar files that must be unpacked into your Downloads folder. I suggest unpacking these .rar files to your desktop and then unpacking each individual .rar file into MyDocuments/EAGames/Sims2/Downloads folder.

~ Syn

Page 1 of 2